We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Stack of boxes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicMasterMatt
View Profile
New user
Yankton, South Dakota
28 Posts

Profile of MagicMasterMatt
What kind of music (specifically a song) would you use for the illusion, "stack of boxes"? I sem to get pretty good reactions with it, I just want to add on to it.
Norrabmagic
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of Norrabmagic
Asking what music you should use is like a chef asking his guests what ingredients he should use. Music should reflect your style and your character. Think first about what you want your audience to feel. Do you have a clever or funny way that you stack up the boxes? do they represent something different like cerial boxes, or maybe amplifiers or do they just look like "special magic boxes." Your music will depend entirely on they way you decide to present this illusion. The options are limited only by your imagination. Keep in mind that music should enhance the magical feeling not distract from it. For example, just because you really like a song doesn't mean that it fits the illusion. Find something that fits exactly, that you can choreograph your movements to and can have end on cue. I can't stand it when music is poorly timed and just awkwardly fades out at the end of a trick. I hope this helps a little. don't expect to find the perfect piece right away, it takes a lot of listening and searching. Good luck.
HarbinJr.
View Profile
Elite user
I only have
450 Posts

Profile of HarbinJr.
That's a great bit of advice!!!

Robert Long
MagicMasterMatt
View Profile
New user
Yankton, South Dakota
28 Posts

Profile of MagicMasterMatt
Thanks guys (open to more comments)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Stack of boxes (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL