The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Cellini Lecture Sept. 26 San Fran. Who's Going? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Cellini is doing a lecture in San Francisco next week. I wonder if his products will all be available. I'm counting on them being available. Maybe even at a discount? Who knows.

Does anyone know differently? Is anyone going to this lecture?

Frank
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
I'm going this Saturday up here in Seattle and will try to let you know what he is selling afterwards.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Allen Gittelson
View Profile
Regular user
San Francisco
145 Posts

Profile of Allen Gittelson
Frank,

I'll be at the Cellini lecture for Misdirections in San Francisco. It should be great. Joe gets really great lecturers.

Say hello if you like.

In thoughts,
Allen
LeConte
View Profile
Special user
Bay area
830 Posts

Profile of LeConte
I'm very interested in the chance to see Cellini, and hear his stories. If I'm off work that night I will be there for sure. Also Payne, thanks in advance for the report on this weekends lecture in Seattle.
Drive Carefully
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
It's at 2:00 at the VA Hospital, in case you didn't know
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
I would really appreciate a report afterwards guys. I missed Cellini who had two lectures within 150 miles of me - but I got the notices too late to schedule them.

Thanks in advance!

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
Jeff Dial
View Profile
Special user
Kent, WA
533 Posts

Profile of Jeff Dial
I'd like to agree with Payne. The lecture was short on tricks and deep on the practical aspects of performing. The lecture notes do suffer from some typos and could have had an editor go over them to smooth them out, but the information is dynamite for anyone even considering trying street magic if only just once. Two thumbs up.
"Think our brains must be too highly trained, Majikthise" HHGG
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

After attending a Jay Sankey lecture this past summer, I'm ready for less tricks and more performing aspects.
Eric Evans
View Profile
Special user
Rio Grande
668 Posts

Profile of Eric Evans
Hi Payne,

I'm really glad you liked the balls that Jim was selling at his lecture, however, only one set that he displayed was the actual Monkey's Fist knot. Denny chose to call them by that name even though I'd asked Denny to market them under the name that I'd chosen for the entire line. He thought otherwise for reasons I don't understand. The line of balls that I make are Gordian Balls (TM) and I know that having liked what you saw at the lecture, you'll enjoy seeing the full line.
LeConte
View Profile
Special user
Bay area
830 Posts

Profile of LeConte
Thanks for the updates. It sounds like a strong lecture indeed, and something not to be missed by the bay area's magicians.

I was kinda daydreaming about seeing Cellini somewhere on the streets of San Francisco before the show, performing his magic. That would be a great thing to see!
Drive Carefully
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
I can almost promise you that he will not be on the streets in San Francisco... but he will be there to lecture....

Eric, I'm still waitng for my new wand!!! ...in case you didn't know this, Eric makes the best pouches in the world... and all his products are of the highest quality..... I recommend Erics stuff to all of you, and I'm sure Cellini would too!...

Eric, where's my wand!.....
Eric Evans
View Profile
Special user
Rio Grande
668 Posts

Profile of Eric Evans
Hi Ted,

Ha! I'm still contemplating this 3 foot section of tree trunk calling to me -- how to best rip this harder than nails wood without losing any of my digits (knock on it every chance I get). I'll keep you posted on my progress but so far my courage is outweighed by my caution (I've seen what a bandsaw can do to some daring, but ignorant woodworkers hands). The wands that Cellini has with him were produced by a friend of mine and are not necessarily intended for the kind of use that you, Jim and I would put them through.

Thanks for the kind words regarding the pouches. At least I don't have to risk limbs producing them.
Ronnie Ramin
View Profile
Loyal user
233 Posts

Profile of Ronnie Ramin
Eric,
I would be interested in buying one of your pouches. How would I go about it?
Thanks Ronnie
Eric Evans
View Profile
Special user
Rio Grande
668 Posts

Profile of Eric Evans
Hi Ronnie,

Send me $300 in the mail or paypal me and two to three weeks later you'll have your pouches. You can email me with any questions at:

eden@hctc.net
Fredrick
View Profile
Loyal user
Seattle
248 Posts

Profile of Fredrick
Quote:
On 2002-09-21 20:54, Payne wrote:
Great Lecture, pretty much covered everything on his current DVD. More emphasis on presentation and street strategies than actual effects. He starts by presenting his street show and then discusses various tables, hats, outfits and crowd management techniques.

One of the more informative lectures I have attended.

Total agreement with Master Payne on the Cellini lecture. This, my friends, is the "real deal" on performing on the street.

Cellini's two ring routine is a beautiful piece of magic. He floored the most knowledgable (and jaded) in the audience.

Catch his lecture if you can...
"Try to find the humanity in the magic and maybe you'll come up with something of your own. It's the humanity that gets you there, not techniques." Michael Moschen on Creativity
Victor Brisbin
View Profile
Elite user
Washington, DC / NOVA
432 Posts

Profile of Victor Brisbin
Payne did a good job of reporting some of the highlights of Cellini's lecture. A few of us here in Boise had the pleasure of watching and listening to him lecture. He has a great combination of sleight of hand artistry and the ability to command a crowd and ENTERTAIN. Highlights for me include his use of pockets/pouches/topit, and his advice on portability and choice of effects.

Jim Cellini demonstrated that he has been an avid student of the greats: Slydini, Vernon, Chavez, etc., and yet he has put his own style and mark on each routine.

Highly recommended. You folks on the West Coast and at the Castle have something to look forward to. This lecture is more than "How To Work The Street!" Smile
"It is better to practice a little than talk a lot." - Muso Kokushi
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
I'm out on a three day training. I was very much looking forward to meeting a few of you that are on the board. Maybe I can come up on some of the next few. Too bad, I was really wanting to watch this great man of magic work.
Smile
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
Allen Gittelson
View Profile
Regular user
San Francisco
145 Posts

Profile of Allen Gittelson
The San Francisco Cellini lecture for Misdirections magic shop was incredible. A great performer performed his act, shared extremely useful knowledge, and amazed and entertained everyone present. There was a huge extended round of applause after his 2 ring routine which closed the lecture. Experience it yourself if you get the chance.

In thoughts,
Allen
LeConte
View Profile
Special user
Bay area
830 Posts

Profile of LeConte
The lecture in San Francisco was great. To understand and hear how Cellini has changed over the years and how these changes affected his street show was very interesting. He has broken the elements of his magic down to some very basic yet functional levels. The magic and performance laws that he follows are brilliant in their simplicity. He is the essence of practicality which is a must when you are performing on the streets.

Jim is humble and will answer all questions, so think some up now if you plan on seeing him.
Drive Carefully
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

I loved it too. I've never seen a rings routine and never really cared to. This one with 2 rings was just wonderful. It was practically a tear-jerker.

Watching Jim perform the rings really showed me how much he cared about magic.

He showed some great material. I purchased and watched the DVD already. I wish his perfromances were on there more but I still liked it.

The lecture followed the DVD quite closely but the lecture provided a few more bits of business that were very useful.

Until tonight, I'd never done a vanishing silk routine via TT. Jim did a color change at the end of the effect and that made me practice it last night. I performed tonight and used his routine and I really liked it.

I'm very glad I went.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Cellini Lecture Sept. 26 San Fran. Who's Going? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL