The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Review on Ted Lesley 's Marked Deck (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
Quote:
On 2010-11-18 23:54, StephenP wrote:
Does anyone know where to find the Lesley Marked Deck or book now?

You make up the deck yourself-
http://www.lybrary.com/lesleys-working-p......241.html

Mike
StephenP
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of StephenP
UMD does look interesting. And thank you, Michael!
Wizard
View Profile
Regular user
Sweden
142 Posts

Profile of Wizard
In my humble opinion ist the best marked deck up to now the "Phoenix-deck-marked-deck-card-shark.This deck is a combination between Ted Lesley´s and Card Sharks systems.

http://www.elmwoodmagic.com/full/accesso......7872.htm
FINIS CORONAT OPUS
PWRIS
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of PWRIS
I have bee using the TL Deck for years and have never been caught. I also use the Boris Marked deck but in all honesty the lighting has to be right. I remember one time doing a couple of effects for friends at a Dinner Party, the lighting was low (dinner style) and I just could not read the Boris deck, after a while my friend asked me "are they marked!" I went into the bedroom and changed them for the TL Deck and continued I ended up with The Working Performer´s Card Stab from the Ted Lesley DVD Caberet Mindreading and yes he got to keep the Marked Signed card !! Going back to the begining of this thread (2005)I assume that the deck was returned Smile however the above just goes to prove that we think differently to the lay public. For me it´s Teds deck all the way. Paul
Paul W. Randall
"Englishman in Germany"
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2010-11-20 18:11, StephenP wrote:
UMD does look interesting. And thank you, Michael!

There is a companion book for Ultimate Marked Deck and a review can be found here:
http://sexymagicreviews.wordpress.com/20......laplaud/

I'm a huge fan of Cardshark's Phoenix decks and you would not be disappointed with his MD or S.U.M. - great stuff.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
I would add another plug for the Lesley system. I have made a number of decks over the years and it is consistently my marked deck of choice. I agree with PWRIS that the professionaly printed Boris Wild marked deck is difficult to read in low light. I have made my own using the Lesley material with better results. I recently picked up the Phoniex deck, the design is great but again I find the marks a little tougher to read than my Lesley deck. I have also tried the Dekram deck and the Demon Deck from Lee Earle.

I have not had a chance to the look at the Ultimate marked deck but will. I would prefer to find a pre-marked deck that I like as much as my homemade Lesley's.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4246 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Talbot, I second every item in your post.

I don't mind making up a Lesley deck...but I would Llove it they could be had ready-made (printed with the markings), a la the Phoenix Deck...
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Max Krause
View Profile
V.I.P.
I should be creating magic with my
1188 Posts

Profile of Max Krause
Quote:
On 2011-07-01 15:28, Chessmann wrote:
Talbot, I second every item in your post.

I don't mind making up a Lesley deck...but I would Llove it they could be had ready-made (printed with the markings), a la the Phoenix Deck...

ME TOO!!!!
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4246 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Smile
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Dick Christian
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Virginia (Metro DC)
2619 Posts

Profile of Dick Christian
Chessmann, Max,

There IS such a deck currently on the market. Called the "DeKram" deck it is available from Magic Masters for $29 plus s+h. The only problem (depending on one's point of view about such things) is that it does NOT have a "standard" (e.g., Bicycle, Bee or Tally Ho) back design; however, offsetting that possible disadvantage is the fact the the location of the marks is less obvious than in the regular Lesley system.
Dick Christian
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
[/quote]

ME TOO!!!!
[/quote]

I know why poor Max feels this way! You may have carpal tunnel by the end of Summer Smile

Hey Dick I haved a set of the Magic Masters DeKram (Marked spelled backwards!) cards and like the marks and overall great... But the cards aren't my faves. I mean for less than $8.00 why not buy David Blaine's deck at Target? Or for for the gusto and get an Ultimate Marked Deck in Bikes - which are still available *but* will never be made again? The UMD is so lovely.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Dick Christian
View Profile
Inner circle
2619 Posts

Saysold1,

The DeKram deck isn't my favorite either but I wanted to let interested parties know that they exist. I have the deck only because I recently put together a brief monograph on marked cards for my local magic club and while it's not my favorite, the marks ARE less obvious than on the normal Lesley deck. BTW, I also have Max's M.U.D.
Dick Christian
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4246 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
On 2011-07-02 04:52, Dick Christian wrote:
The only problem (depending on one's point of view about such things) is that it does NOT have a "standard" (e.g., Bicycle, Bee or Tally Ho) back design; however, offsetting that possible disadvantage is the fact the the location of the marks is less obvious than in the regular Lesley system.

I'm from the school that says people don't care about the backs Smile On the other hand, I have no problem with TL deck's markings - only their physical application! Have heard about the DeKram, but not not yet seen one up close. Think I'll check it out. Thanks, Dick!
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4246 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Been trying to get some online photos of the DeKram deck to see what it looks like. Tough to get a sizeable, clear picture online (for obvious reasons, of course) but the look VERY much like the Fournier 505 Marked Deck.

Is the DeKram deck made using Fournier 505's?
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
I've both, and yes they are the same (and good!). Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4246 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Thank you, Jan!
Dick Christian
View Profile
Inner circle
2619 Posts

Quote:
On 2011-07-02 13:32, Chessmann wrote:
Been trying to get some online photos of the DeKram deck to see what it looks like. Tough to get a sizeable, clear picture online (for obvious reasons, of course) but the look VERY much like the Fournier 505 Marked Deck.

Is the DeKram deck made using Fournier 505's?

Not familiar with Fournier 505's. The DeKram box says "Master Poker 1089" mfg by "Master Playing Cards."
Dick Christian
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
It's exactly the back design of Fournier 505s. As I got first the DeKram Deck I didn't know, far later I purchased the marked cards of Fournier which are also much cheaper. By then I knew... Smile Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Comet
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of Comet
I can see this thread has gone for several years. Now I'm not ashamed to admit that I was FOOLED and FOOLED BAD by the TL deck. I was visiting with a friend right after a few shows on the road and he brought out this older bike deck and flored me. I even asked him for the cards to see if there were any gimicks and I could NOT find it. he laughed and let me stew for a few days. when he finally showed me the markings it was like a lime green light painted on the back yelling at me. I JUST got done applying the marks to my own deck and have already messed with a few minds. I KNOW these cards scream at you if you're in the know but believe me if you're not looking then it's like a TT you just don't see it. I've always been the one to try the boldest of things just to see if I can get away with it so this is right up my alley. I am going to mark another deck tomorrow and play with the position a little. as for now I just did it the way the directions told me to.
mickym
View Profile
Loyal user
236 Posts

Profile of mickym
Is the marking on the cards of the Ted Lesley Marked Deck in the CENTER of the cards or close to the CORNERS?
Thanks,
Micky
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Review on Ted Lesley 's Marked Deck (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL