The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The clothes we wear » » Personality less? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

devplus
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of devplus
Hi,

ive noticed when performing at school, I have no personality- my performance is really really boring, its literally, pick a card, some moves thent he card is found. This is not always the case, but how can I add "spice" to the performance?
Norrabmagic
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of Norrabmagic
Everyone has a personality. you just have to convey it to your audience. I strongly suggest taking acting classes. They will bring you out of your shell. also it is very important to have a script for everything you say. It will keep your routines at the right length, it will keep you and track and it will eliminate all of the ums, uhs, and oks that put everyone to sleep. It doesn't matter what tricks you are doing. even the worst most unimpressive magic trick can be a miracle when presented properly. don't give up, but expect to do some work to get better.
Patchouli
View Profile
New user
France
65 Posts

Profile of Patchouli
Hi devplus,

Norrabmagic gave you very good advice.

Just another thing, you have to create a story around your tricks; or present a story that you illustrate with your tricks.

Do not search for your personnality. It will appear itself. You have already one but you do not know. After some time you will be able to define it.

Cordialement, Patrick. Smile
devplus
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of devplus
THANKS
devplus
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of devplus
I have found my personality, It happens that it was hiding as I was performing to people who knew me well, and couldn't really "bring it out" to them, but to people Ididnt know, it just evolved!
Eric Leclerc
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa Ontario
1185 Posts

Profile of Eric Leclerc
You found your performing personality in a day!? wow.... that's skills
Dizzy
View Profile
Elite user
UK
437 Posts

Profile of Dizzy
I'm not suggesting that you copy other performers, but watch as many performances of magic as possible. I used to think that doing certian things wouldn't work but when I saw someone else doing it, it gave me the confidence I needed to be myself. Perform to family and friends who know you and what you are like and ask them for feedback on you're style. Did they think you were to shy, quite, dry ect for youre usual self. You can learn so much from others, so don't be afraid to perform to all types of audiences

Dizzy
devplus
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of devplus
"You found your performing personality in a day!? wow.... that's skills"

I did GCSE drama and in that, I discovered what was suggested, tht the performing self is a levep up form the normal persona of the performaer. Using that mantra, I remembered that when I had to perform drama, I went into being someone "extreme" ans could easily evoke a laugh from the audience easily.I added this to my magic and it seemed to smoother, and an injection of personality.
Patchouli
View Profile
New user
France
65 Posts

Profile of Patchouli
Hi dev,

Eric is right.

You made the first step to your performer personnality. But to approach the knowledge of your entire personnality, it will take years and years and may be never end.

Cordialement, Patrick. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The clothes we wear » » Personality less? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL