We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Haze machines (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicMasterMatt
View Profile
New user
Yankton, South Dakota
28 Posts

Profile of MagicMasterMatt
I was wondering what you would suggest for a fog machine. I need one that is cheap, and well, that's pretty much all.Where can I get it? I don't perform with HUGE crowds...my biggest being 650 people. Please help me. Thanks
Jonathan Rice
View Profile
Loyal user
Maryland
223 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Rice
Try http://www.pssl.com . They have the cheapest I hae seen that are good wuality, but please, specifiy? Are you looking for a fog or a haze machine. They are two different things.
n3cromanc3r
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of n3cromanc3r
I'm kinda interested in the same thing.. When someone answers this can they also answer how quickly the haze machine will create a haze good enough for lighting effects (keeping in the mind the cheep price like he said) I have an 10 second intro at the beginning of an act I'm working on and want to run a haze machine during this time. Is 10 seconds enough to get a haze good enough for a stage lighting effect?
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1829 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
A great Haze machine at a good price is from Theatre Effects. The specific hazer is the Unique from Look. We have used it for over a year and been very pleased with it. It has DMX built in and has a warm up time of less than 1 minute.

The amount of haze you want for the lights to be seen but not too much and more of a fog, cannot be done in 10 seconds. You need to have it on longer and get a nice even light haze that will hang for a period of time. Trying to "haze" in 10 seconds is just fog.

Kevin
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
n3cromanc3r
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of n3cromanc3r
Did we mention cheap?

The Unique is $1250 bucks and the refills are $20 bucks a quart and $45 a gallon. I guess cheap is dependent upon how much money your starting out with. I won't be buying a $1250 haze machine anytime soon. Not until I am doing a lot more shows.

By the way, how long does it take to get a good haze?
Grandillusionsmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
270 Posts

Profile of Grandillusionsmagic
They have fog machines and haze machines for great prices and of great quality at http://www.springtree.net. tell them jason sent you. if you want something the audience can see, you use fog machines. they start about $50 for a chauvet (a great brand)if you want to see the light through the air, use a haze maching, basically you won't see it, it will just let you see the light. they will start at $150? I think.
Magically,
GI
www.boisemagic.com
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
1829 Posts

Sorry about the price, however we are a dealer for theatre effects and I can help you out with the price. But it's still going to be around $800.
As far as time for a good haze...it depends on stage size, and most inportantly ventilation. If the HVAC is blowing it into the house or sucking it back into the returns, then it will take longer. If the air is still, just a few minutes can give you a decent haze. It will also depend on output from your hazer. The best way is to start it sooner will low output and get a good hanging haze. At some arenas they may haze up to 45 minutes ahead of time.

Hope that helps.

Kevin
Living Illusions

Kevin Ridgeway &

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
n3cromanc3r
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of n3cromanc3r
Good info, thanks.
plainman007
View Profile
Special user
630 Posts

Profile of plainman007
What about if this is an open air theatre. How do you work a haze there ?
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
1829 Posts

In an open air theatre you will need the haze at the highest output and most likely two of them. However, that still probably won't do it. What you will need are some fog machins then. One may do it, depends on mind. Also carry a fan to assist in blowong the fog across the stage. This will help. it will also gives the light beams "movement" as the fog is moving thru the beam.

Hope that helps.

Kevin

P.S. As always, we are a dealer for Theatre Effects and paas along our prices to those in the magic community.
Living Illusions

Kevin Ridgeway &

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
MagicMasterMatt
View Profile
New user
Yankton, South Dakota
28 Posts

Profile of MagicMasterMatt
Thanks. I'll take a look.
Midnight333
View Profile
Veteran user
353 Posts

Profile of Midnight333
Go to http://www.123dj.com and check out their lighting packages. Chauvet is a good brand, I can vouche for that. They have many good packages which include lights and foggers, for under $300 US. Good luck.
Paul Arthur
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of Paul Arthur
We've used the Unique with some good results in a larger theatre (1,500 apx). Only problem was, 4 weeks into the run it crapped out and we had to have another shipped overnight. The pump on the first just stopped its fluid intake altogether. Second one seems to be okay though.
The 99 steps in both fan and pump are nice though for creating multiple atmospheres with one machine.
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
1829 Posts

Paul...if you ever have trouble with that again, give me a call. Also, come to us first if you need anything from theatre effects, we'll rake care of you.
We have had great success with the Unique and highly recommend them. Just this week we are installing one in a chruch.

Kevin & Kristen
Living Illusions

Kevin Ridgeway &

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Haze machines (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL