The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Visual vanish (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

seandixie
View Profile
Regular user
129 Posts

Profile of seandixie
Hi, I'm normally hanging around the card forum, not to sure if this is a good place to post this but has anybody bought the 'Revolution' coin/small object vanish from ellusionist.com? Any good?

Cheers in advance.
Eric Leclerc
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa Ontario
1185 Posts

Profile of Eric Leclerc
My friend bought it and shared it with me for insight. I think at first glance, one would be dissapointed (he was). After working with it for a few hours, I started loving it! It dosent look like it would work when you read it, but after performing it for a few people you get REALLY strong reactions, I fooled a few guys at the magic club with it even. But when the conditions are right, preferably one on one, it is sooo clean. I worked as waiter in a restaurant and had a HUGE advantage to do it. I cant tip why but if you buy it you will realize what I meant. If you don't mind being restricted in some ways, I reccomend it.
LordM
View Profile
Loyal user
Portugal
232 Posts

Profile of LordM
Seandixie,
I won't reccomend that you Buy "revolution". The sleight is ridiculous and it's not pratical at all. You'll be disappointed believe me. It only looks great on the video.
Save your money.

Just my two cents.

Best
Kind Regards,
JP

http://www.joaopedroso.com
Wolfgang1us
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of Wolfgang1us
I learnd a lot of sleights that looked rediculous at first and I don't mind practicing if the effect is strong. Whatever it takes to impress the spectators. Just keep the TT in mind. When I got my first one I thought I put it away and never use because it was so obvious. But for some reason I never got caught...
Phil Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Newark, Ohio
1117 Posts

Profile of Phil Thomas
Quote:
On 2005-02-10 19:36, LordM wrote:
Seandixie,
I won't reccomend that you Buy "revolution". The sleight is ridiculous and it's not pratical at all. You'll be disappointed believe me. It only looks great on the video.
Save your money.

Just my two cents.

Best

I have to differ here. True, the video does look good on the demo, but it can and does look just as good in real life when practiced and performed well. I recieved this dvd for Christmas and at first I was not all that impressed. The hand position is awkward and uncomfortable and does not look natural at all. And there is a certain limitation when performing the effect. But I have found when I decided to give this a try that laymen don't pick up on this at all. I had the move down flawlessly after about 20 minutes of practice and was ready to "test drive" it. WOW! The reactions were nothing short of astonishing. Everyone told me that this is a close to real magic that they have seen. If you take your time with it and give it due dilligence, you have a true miracle on your hands with this. If you don't want to spend $18.95 for this at ellusionist, PM and I will sell you my copy as I don't need it anymore. This is a true miracle when done properly and I use it whenever the situation arises. It is slowly becoming my favorite vanish. Don't sell it short until you actually master it and recieve your reactions. It is well worth it when they believe you just acomplished a true miracle. We have all spent more and recieved a lot less before, but don't let that stop you. If it knocked your socks off when you watched the demo, just think of bringing that sense of wonder and amazement to your spectators when you master the move..... and there really is no moves at all when performing this. It is soooooooooo easy to do. My 2 cents.

Phil
"If we lose the sense of the mysterious, life is no more than a snuffed out candle."

Albert Einstein
magicandrew
View Profile
New user
Australia
58 Posts

Profile of magicandrew
REvolution has it's up's and downs. if you practise a lot on your angles and who your workjing with youl get it. but for a magician that wants the actioin staright away it's not the best trick.
""Magic is your art handle it well""
Eric Leclerc
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa Ontario
1185 Posts

Profile of Eric Leclerc
I think its amazing as I stated above. I even incorporated the move for a sitting down at a table effect. Its very deceptive, its so simple its amazing. I think the 18$ is worth it, and anyone who disagrees has never seen it LIVE performed well by another magician. Under the right conditions, its awesome. It is so deceptive, people will think you dropped it on the floor. I don't do coin magic very much, but I know I can rely on this, it gets kiler reactions.
Sean Fields
View Profile
V.I.P.
Winnipeg
894 Posts

Profile of Sean Fields
Please, allow me to chime in on this...

Revolution may, or may not light your world on fire, depending on what you are expecting. It is DIRT SIMPLE. However, the strength in this lies in the diversity of technique.

Anthony Miller (of Channel One fame) developed, and published a VERY similar method over 30 years ago. It was a great then, but for some reason, flew under the radar. It is just as good now.

Forget simply vanishing items (although the vanish IS strong), I use it frequently to BEND coins and keys.

All in all, I think to the IMAGINATIVE PERFORMER, this is an EXCELLENT addition to your repertroire. Impromptu. Visual. Simple. Easy. Diverse. What else could one expect from a magic trick, especially one for $18 measly bucks?

Sean
Ibanez708
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of Ibanez708
Revolution IS a great trick,but I is kind of obvious. there is only one place it can go. If you are desperate to find out how to do it then buy it. If you want to see movies of Revolution then go to this link; http://www.magicvideodepot.com/
Its all in your mind,not a gimmick,sleight,or move.
AqueousMagiK
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of AqueousMagiK
Its so simple that you will kick your self if you actually spend the amount of money on

I wouldent pay more than 2 dollars for this
but hey it does look good and if pulled off right it looks amazing
but it is definanty way over priced
Aaron Farrugia
Ilan
View Profile
Regular user
South Africa
195 Posts

Profile of Ilan
Decent trick to do once you are used to it, BUT over priced
If you can't laugh at yourself, you are obviously not getting the joke
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Visual vanish (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL