The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » David Grist (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Gideon Sylvan
View Profile
Special user
Deerfield, IL
541 Posts

Profile of Gideon Sylvan
Anyone know where to get these videos on DVD, or if they are worth it?
You know you are a magician when you have boxes full of lecture notes you have never read, but still are excited about going out and buying more.

www.gideonsylvan.com
ns
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
237 Posts

Profile of ns
I can't say that I've seen them on DVD advertised anywhere. Balloon videos seem to be the last form of information to be switching to DVD. It's still almost all VHS.

Anyway they are great. Some of the best I've seen. I'd also recommend Don Caldwell and Royal Sourell tapes as they are all good for advanced twisters. Good luck
Gideon Sylvan
View Profile
Special user
Deerfield, IL
541 Posts

Profile of Gideon Sylvan
Well, I'm comming back to this a while later and asking if anyone knows of any updates.

Thanks,
Gideon
You know you are a magician when you have boxes full of lecture notes you have never read, but still are excited about going out and buying more.

www.gideonsylvan.com
Paddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford OH
1571 Posts

Profile of Paddy
David passed on about a year ago due to Congestive Heart Failure. At his autopsy they found that cancer had eaten up his lungs and there was a massive tumor on them. Tmyers.com may still have his DVDs or videos.

Sorry to bring sad news but hope the information helps.

Peter
Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

I reject your reality & substitute my own

http://www.Scho-Lan.com
Gideon Sylvan
View Profile
Special user
Deerfield, IL
541 Posts

Profile of Gideon Sylvan
Yeah, I heard he died, sad stuff. Someone sent me a PM a long time ago, saying his videos were going to be turned into DVD, so I'm wating for that to happen before I buy them.

www.gideonsylvan.com
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
Keep an eye on his site http://www.davidgrist.com/. At the moment I see volumes 7 and 9 are currently available on dvd.

David was a brilliant twister he had a great knack of taking simple techniques and using them to make big bold designs. He was also a really great person, I'll have to buy his products now since I can no longer pick his brains at conventions over a pint of Guinness.

George
Joe Howard
View Profile
Loyal user
The Peoples Republic of Massachusetts
204 Posts

Profile of Joe Howard
I'm pretty sure T Myers still has the Grist videos still available on tape. I have most of them, and consider them well worth the money. As George mentioned, He was a great person and a fun guy to share a pint with.

I also will buy anything that Dave Bartlett puts on the market. And the Sorell's series of videos have a tremendous amount of material.

Balloon videos ( and books) are a great value. If you are a serious twister, you will use just about everything that is contained on a video. Whereas you might buy 6 magic videos (or books) to find one routine you'll always use. (And still consider that money well spent.)

Joe H
Ryan Price
View Profile
Special user
winnipeg, MB, Canada
641 Posts

Profile of Ryan Price
I thought I would bring this topic back to the top.
Is there anyone in North America selling these DVDs?

Thanks
Graham Lee
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of Graham Lee
David was a good friend of mine & I promote & sell the DVd's with all the money raised going to David;s family. We also hold "The David Grist Memorial Lecture" in the UK. Last year Ralph Dewey came over and this year we have Don Caldwell doing the lecture between the 29th May & the 5th June. Just waiting for Don to confirm flight details etc.
More details about the DVD's which I'm more than happy to ship to the USA and the memorial lecture cam be found here, http://www.sempertexballoons.co.uk
keeblem
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1167 Posts

Profile of keeblem
Quote:
On 2009-03-07 16:10, Graham Lee wrote:
More details about the DVD's which I'm more than happy to ship to the USA and the memorial lecture cam be found here, http://www.sempertexballoons.co.uk

I doubt if you'll get them cheaper than what sempertex balloons are selling them (I couldn't find anyone cheaper). And what with the great exchange rate for US customers - it's even more of a bargain.

Mark
keeblem
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1167 Posts

Profile of keeblem
Another thought - it's well worth going over the basic models in this collection. Often you'll find something of interest that you didn't know or had forgotten about!

Mark
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1733 Posts

Profile of wally
Don caldwells mad hats and wearables wanted. will trade. uk
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1853 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
They are coming out with a new video called "Friends Of David Grist" people like DOn Caldwell, Ralph Dewey and other will be on it..
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » David Grist (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL