The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Changing things up (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Pokie-Poke
View Profile
Special user
Bensalem, PA
883 Posts

Profile of Pokie-Poke
So far most of what I have seen hear. most people say you should do 3 to 4 shows per hour. do you chainge you shows for each show?
I normaly only do one show an hour, juggling, and I still have people come back to watch a second show. I don't mind juggling groopies but feal odd with the idea of repeat audance for a magic show.
Do you switch things up, or repeat the act, hoping for the people who have seen the show just move on?
www.pokie-poke.com
The Adventure cont...
bropaul
View Profile
Loyal user
Florida
222 Posts

Profile of bropaul
I do the same show basically. The front of the show may change a bit depending on how the folks are moving in on the show. I may do one or two opener tricks before I start my show. I want a good 10 to 20 before I kick it off and then they will build the crowd for me.

But the show is basically the same each time. It resets it self and starts back up right after I stash the cash from the previous show. I go as long as I can and then take a break. Then finish off the day with another long row of sets. That way I can start late and finish on time and get a bunch of shows in. Length: 12 to 15 minutes.

Have fun...
Bro. Paul West

www.BrotherPaulMagic.com
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
I do the same show, don't see too many repeat customers.

I don't think you need to change it up, if they enjoyed it the first time ... and if they came back to see it again ... then obviously you are doing something right. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

When I do change up my show, it is more for my benefit than the audiences ... doing the same thing over and over tends to wear on me, so I may change up my act simply to keep me on my toes.

JoeJoe
Amazing JoeJoe on YouTube[url=https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingJoeJoe]
Spanky
View Profile
New user
Oklahoma City
81 Posts

Profile of Spanky
I have one long show and for the smaller shows I just break it up that way if people do see two shows they are different
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Changing things up (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL