The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Convert PDF to Word needed (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
I need to convert some PDF files into MS-word files so I can update them. I understand there are programs that do this but I personally don't have it. I have to make sure the images are also intact so I'm not sure how to go about that.

If anyone could do this for me I'd greatly appreciate it. You'll also be learning al the tricks you'll be converting for me.

Thanks

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
TGENTLE
View Profile
New user
Birmingham, AL
86 Posts

Profile of TGENTLE
Ron,

You might try this program. While I've never personnally used it, I think its one of the most popular for what you want to do.

http://simsub.digitalriver.com/cgi-bin/s......rter_exa

Good luck,

tg
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5024 Posts

Profile of landmark
Ron,

Unless a PDF file is protected, there is usually no need for a special program to convert to Word. Open the PDF file in Acrobat Reader. Then hit the T (for text) icon in the toolbar. You can then highlight the portion of the text you wish to copy. Go to the Edit menu to copy the selected text.

You can then open Word, start a new Document, and then Paste your copied text into the New Document.

Images can also be transferred by using the "Graphics Select Tool" icon on the toolbar of Acrobat Reader, right next to the Text icon. You will get a cursor which will allow you to put a rectangle around the image you want to copy. Then go to the Edit menu, press copy. You may then go back to Word and Paste back into your document.

Hope this helps, PM me if you want more detailed descriptions.
Jack Shalom
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Thanks a lot Jack. That's exactly what I needed to do I just didn't know how.

Thanks again and thanks to everyone else who offered to help.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
Alym Amlani
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1465 Posts

Profile of Alym Amlani
Ron,

Better yet - if you want to preserve the formatting and everything, you just need Adobe Acrobat (not just the reader). Using that program you can edit the text right in the pdf and such.

a.
Logic Defied
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Convert PDF to Word needed (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL