The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Favorite rubberband trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
slangers
View Profile
New user
Denmark
86 Posts

Profile of slangers
Hi

I'm new to this form off magic. So I was wondering with trick with rubberbands that are you guys favorites?
Not to hard to do, and were I can learn the effect then it sould be great.
Thanks Smile

Slangers
Alejandro Peterson
View Profile
Elite user
México
408 Posts

Profile of Alejandro Peterson
The best one in my opinion is Vincent´s Garibaldi Mendoza "Found link and the rhing thing", but you need to practice in order to perform it well, the explanation comes in PDF format but is explained so well!, but is just one effect, I recommend you to take a look Dan Harlan´s material, he is fantastic with rubberbands.
Rick
View Profile
Elite user
Va.
447 Posts

Profile of Rick
Also look into Crazy man's handcuffs...Michael Ammar.
LordM
View Profile
Loyal user
Portugal
232 Posts

Profile of LordM
Yep That old classic, Crazy man's handcuffs. It is still the best for me.

cheers
Kind Regards,
JP

http://www.joaopedroso.com
Clarioneer
View Profile
Special user
Ferndown, Dorset, UK
624 Posts

Profile of Clarioneer
Pinnacle... but starting out I guess it has to be CMH
catch you later

Clarioneer
funstuff
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of funstuff
I will suggest what everyone suggested to me when I was "new" asking. First USE the SEARCH function as more than likely there is already a post or 2 covering this.And then when I cant find anything then ask. When I typed in rubberband I got 32 pages of topics. Should keep you busy for a while Smile
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10804 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
I agree the Vince Mendoza's handling is the very best because he eliminated the tell tale X pattern for chris kenners missing link hence "found link" and his ring realease is different than jeff pierces "joining" he renamed the effect" ring thing" Vince and I have both independitly came up with the one handed display and he credits me in his notes.
Jeff pierce has come up with another beauty called Slo- mo un link you can pm me I will send a demo of this new effect it is also in Jeffs new Book( the king has left the building)
I also have severl of my own effects called liquid band ,
and breakaway braclett that are on my dvd the godfather.....
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Silly Walter the Polar Bear
View Profile
Special user
506 Posts

Profile of Silly Walter the Polar Bear
I saw a teenager during the early 1990's shoot a rubber band about 20 feet across the room, and it rolled back towards us !! (I am not making this up). I seem to remember it being in a booklet with 2 or 3 other rubber band effects. Does anyone know the effect or the creator?
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10804 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Yes it is called booarang band, no one knows who the creator is.This effect has been around bars and saloons for ions....
Come check out my magic.

joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17162 Posts

Profile of joseph
Get the Harlan 3 video set....The boomerang, and everything else you need to know is on these videos....great stuff...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10804 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Joseph the three video set by Harlan is excellent but it does not contain every thing.
vinny
Come check out my magic.

joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17162 Posts

Profile of joseph
True, but it will sure keep you busy for a while....
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
vmendoza
View Profile
Elite user
Farmingdale. New Jersey
430 Posts

Profile of vmendoza
Hello guys,

I've been off the board for a little while, but I'll drop in more often.

Vinny, Alejandro, thanks for the continued support. I'm sincerely gratified that others are finding value in my work. Vinny, I just placed my order for your DVD and I can't wait for it to come in. I'm still having a TIME putting mine together. It's not as easy as I thought and I had a lot of "creative differences" with the last videographer I shot with. I guess I may be too particular in how I want it to look, and if you have my manuscript, you know what I mean. It'll get done though - eventually. There's a lot on my plate right now.

Vince Mendoza
Spanky
View Profile
New user
Oklahoma City
81 Posts

Profile of Spanky
I am saying crazy mans handcuffs. I still think it is the strongest because it is that clean and in your face when done well
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10804 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
So is the Mendoza foundlink, and the other band effects mentioned in your face.
using all of the above including CMH can form a beautiful routine with the bands.
do not dismiss any of the effects if you haven't tried them or never heard of them
vinny
Come check out my magic.

Khopri
View Profile
Loyal user
Austin, TX
237 Posts

Profile of Khopri
I had a friend show me CMH and made it a point to show me the trick literally inches from my nose. Even that close, its virtually impossible to spot what's going on. Done slowely its even stronger.

And the beauty of it is that its just a pair of regular rubber bands. Nothing more.
Loz
View Profile
Special user
London
771 Posts

Profile of Loz
Agreement with Vinny. Mendoza foundlink, Aronson ringleader, Vinny's liquid band, bracelet etc - all real close-up. excellent.

The only negative thing about rubber band magic is its just that - rubber bands - not elegeant or 'professional looking' like cards or silver coins. I think there's a barrier there.
respho
View Profile
New user
Hong Kong
74 Posts

Profile of respho
STARGAZER

Take a look at this. It's the best rubberband trick I've ever seen.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10804 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Star Gazer is a gimmicked effect,other effects with a gimmick are
1 really linked-- Benard Sim

2 linked for life- Andy Levis

3 Ebony and Ivory A. M.
Come check out my magic.

Corey Harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City, MO
1229 Posts

Profile of Corey Harris
I love pinnacle. The first effect I ever learned with a rubberband.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Favorite rubberband trick (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL