The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Favorite rubberband trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Lo-Key
View Profile
Loyal user
Earth
225 Posts

Profile of Lo-Key
If anyone wants to see some really cool rubberband effects ask Vinny to send a demo of his effects ..
breakaway braclett a broken and restored band ,and his liquid band a very visual penetrating band and pencil effect,
he also has a dangling one handed band display.The linked band goes completely around the band this looks amazing .......

lo- key
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
The Mendoza move is the best move in rubber band magic, also created by Vinny Marini. I can't call it a trick because when you know it you are able to do many tricks. Vince Mendoza, and Vinny Marini are in a class by themselves. I also look forward to the release of the Joe Rindfleisch rubberband magic DVD because both Vince, and Vinny speak so highly of him.
My humble opinion
Al Angello
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
jstone
View Profile
Inner circle
Someday I'll have
1473 Posts

Profile of jstone
I always do "linking rubber bands" by Dan Harlan (I'm not 100% sure on the actual title).

I also do the Harlan effect where the borrowed watch or dollar bill wrapped around a rubber band jumps from one band to the next to the next.

I also do the penetrating thumb.

Anyway, as far as a resource, Elastrix is one of the best books on the subject. Also, Dan Harlan's rubberband video series has a lot of good stuff on it.
DoctorAmazo
View Profile
Special user
Florida
643 Posts

Profile of DoctorAmazo
All of you CMH fans should go the extra mile and learn the "linking" move (the opposite of CMH). With some thought you can probably figure out yourself how to do everything in reverse (I did). While the move is a little more complex, with practice, it's no harder than the "unlink" move.

I've seen a couple of writeups for sale, I assume they are similar to "my" move, but haven't seen the details.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Jstone
The Dan Harlan trick with the dollar bill is called "traveling cash"
Jeremy L.
View Profile
Special user
800 Posts

Profile of Jeremy L.
There are many rubberband tricks I like. I would probably vote for CMH but I'm fairly new to rubber band magic and I might change my post later if I learn a new favorite.

Happy posting!
Jeremy L.
Jeremy L.
Do you buy ethically?
Magic Fakes
rmoraleta
View Profile
Special user
Philippines
767 Posts

Profile of rmoraleta
My favorites are Crazy Man's Handcuff and Star Gazer. I have the different shapes too like square, triangle, heart, pig, duck, turtle, cat, rabbit and dog.
jstone
View Profile
Inner circle
Someday I'll have
1473 Posts

Profile of jstone
Quote:
On 2005-04-10 09:32, juggleral wrote:
Jstone

AH! Thanks. I don't think I would have ever remembered the name. That's a great trick. I think it was Gregory Wilson who added the watch bit rather than a dollar bill; Harlan's was originally done with money. Thanks again for the reminder of the name. Smile
travisb
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
548 Posts

Profile of travisb
Speaking of Travelling Cash, it just occured to me that you could do it after doing the "miracle finish" in Pinnacle, since you'd have a ring on the band. As to whether or not it makes sense to do anything else after the "miracle finish," I don't know.

-Travis
Jeremy L.
View Profile
Special user
800 Posts

Profile of Jeremy L.
Quote:
On 2005-04-17 03:01, jstone wrote:
Quote:
On 2005-04-10 09:32, juggleral wrote:
Jstone

AH! Thanks. I don't think I would have ever remembered the name. That's a great trick. I think it was Gregory Wilson who added the watch bit rather than a dollar bill; Harlan's was originally done with money. Thanks again for the reminder of the name. Smile

Actually it was first done with a paperclip. Check this thread for more discussion on traveling cash. http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......4&12
Jeremy L.
Do you buy ethically?
Magic Fakes
zhuanan
View Profile
Veteran user
383 Posts

Profile of zhuanan
I second Pinnacle and FLRT. These two effects are really good....
the74rock
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of the74rock
Cmh and timezones get my picks
Mag1cal
View Profile
New user
Trevor
6 Posts

Profile of Mag1cal
I again am new to magic and need to pick up this CMH routine, but have found several sites all selling the trick and I am not sure which version to buy. There is the Dan Turcotte version or Ammar...How do you know which to choose and is easiest to learn.

Not having any Magic Shops in the UK near me I am reliant on the Internet for information, and a group of my peers on this Web site for profound knowledge.

Signed
Confused magician
jstone
View Profile
Inner circle
Someday I'll have
1473 Posts

Profile of jstone
Quote:
On 2005-05-03 07:09, Mag1cal wrote:
I again am new to magic and need to pick up this CMH routine, but have found several sites all selling the trick and I am not sure which version to buy. There is the Dan Turcotte version or Ammar...How do you know which to choose and is easiest to learn.

Not having any Magic Shops in the UK near me I am reliant on the Internet for information, and a group of my peers on this Web site for profound knowledge.

Signed
Confused magician

You can't go wrong with Ammar. He is the best teacher in magic, in my opinion, and you'll know you'll get the proper techniques, and you'll be learning from someone who has really studied our art.
Amir
View Profile
Loyal user
New York.
296 Posts

Profile of Amir
Crazy Man's Handcuffs. Packs small, plays big.
RealDeal JU
View Profile
Veteran user
New Jersey
375 Posts

Profile of RealDeal JU
I agree with everyone here so far. I think crazy mans handcuffs is a very good/strong rubberband effect.

Jim
"Challenge yourself to come up with your own

material, rather than buying into the idea that

you have to do the same thing that everyone

else is doing to be a good magician."
Mano
View Profile
Inner circle
1028 Posts

Profile of Mano
Hi everyone,

I also love CMH, it is so visual and simple at the same time.

Manolo.
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Gregory Wilson in his In Action! dvd vol. 1 has a really cool rubberband trick called Band Thru Wrist - worth checking out!
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Niedzwiecki
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Niedzwiecki
The reason I began to wear rubber bands around my wrist was because of the Penetrating Rubber Bands (Arthur Setterington) that evolved into the popular Crazy Man's Handcuffs.

I will have to say at this time, though, my favorite rubber band effect is Pinnacle. It has been so much fun to perform. It's really a lot of fun returning the borrowed ring and seeing the reactions. If you haven't seen it performed yet, give Pinnacle a try.

Russ Niedzwiecki
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Hey Russ
Are you sure Pinnacle is your favorite?

PS Thanks for the cool trick.
Al
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Favorite rubberband trick (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL