The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Favourite packet trick for beginers (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
acmp
View Profile
Elite user
Nottinghamshire
466 Posts

Profile of acmp
I own 1 packet trick, it's hustlers hand. With this one you fan 3 cards and they are a pair, you fan again and it's a flush, then again and you have a prial. When I saw it I thought, Wow that's so good. I perform it quite a bit, It's the reactions that you get when you show the cards are 'normal' that I like best.

I was wondering what other packet tricks those who are new to magic use? and I guess those who are not so new too.

Any tricks and a brief effect description would be cool.
acmp<><

"Well if I had one wish in this god forsaken world, kids
It'd be that your mistakes would be your own"
calexa
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1635 Posts

Profile of calexa
Color Monte (just use the search engine here)

Magixx
Optimists have more fun.....
unilogo
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas , NV
359 Posts

Profile of unilogo
I like "the web" by jim pace.

Its always a neat reaction for the price.

Its pretty cool.

The color monte is alright.
Sean
View Profile
Loyal user
No Cal
205 Posts

Profile of Sean
Color Monte.

Or get Ammar's Easy To Master Card Miracles Vol. 2 for two of the greatest packet tricks out there: Twisting the Aces and Dr. Daley's Last Trick.
calexa
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1635 Posts

Profile of calexa
And with "Twisting the Aces" you can also lern one of the best "moves" in card magic....

Magixx
Optimists have more fun.....
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
My new favorite is Presto Printo! that effect is packed full of eye-candy for the specs and has so much room for impromptu jokes and patter. Granted, it's not so much of a "killer" as it is simply an "entertainer". But I stand by it a gazillion percent.

That's right... you heard me... a GAZILLION percent.
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
LordM
View Profile
Loyal user
Portugal
232 Posts

Profile of LordM
NFW is a great one but you have to practice a couple of times the Elmesley count.
Kind Regards,
JP

http://www.joaopedroso.com
Joe Mauro
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of Joe Mauro
The easiset might be B'wave. Learn it as a beginner and you'll use it as a pro.
~Joe
magicsarge
View Profile
New user
Northamptonshire, Great Britain
79 Posts

Profile of magicsarge
Its got to be twisted sisters, I can always remember the first time I saw it, I think it really has a great WOW factor.
TommyTheTremendous
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of TommyTheTremendous
I agree with the B'Wave. Twisted Sisters is also a good one.
- Tommy Magic
acmp
View Profile
Elite user
Nottinghamshire
466 Posts

Profile of acmp
I Think I'll have to look up these tricks to see the effects. They sound good. I keep thinking about NFW, maybe I'll pick it up one day.

Any more?
acmp<><

"Well if I had one wish in this god forsaken world, kids
It'd be that your mistakes would be your own"
gene plampin
View Profile
Regular user
168 Posts

Profile of gene plampin
I like NFW, always gets a great reaction. I'm working on Twisted Sisters now but haven't done it in front of anyone. Color Monte is also a solid effect.

Gene
LeConte
View Profile
Special user
Bay area
830 Posts

Profile of LeConte
Twisted Sister and Double Back are fine packet tricks. Twisted Sister is great for someone new to magic so that you can start to practice some important yet fairly easy sleights!
Drive Carefully
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Queens out of control. Is a great on in my opinion. And it uses only one move every beginner should learn.

Another packet trick that is easy for beginners is "8 Card Brainwave" on Michael Ammars ETMCM vol. 1.
Magic is a vanishing art.
ClouDsss
View Profile
Inner circle
1799 Posts

Profile of ClouDsss
Invisible Deck and Brainwave deck.

cheerios
Think outside the box, cos people are all thinking inside now!! - ClouDsss
HiraseMagic
View Profile
Special user
Hong Kong
573 Posts

Profile of HiraseMagic
I think "EYEEXAM" is one of the best and interesting tricks.

Followed by it "Dr. Daley's card trick"

Hirase
In love with magic!
toonomads
View Profile
Regular user
Albuquerque, NM, USA
172 Posts

Profile of toonomads
Michael Skinner's "Ultimate Monte" is fabulous and very popular. I use it all the time in walkaround. One of the classics.

Check Bill Malone's DVDs for an excellent performance/explanation.
espalding
View Profile
New user
St. Louis
59 Posts

Profile of espalding
Color Monte has to be my all time favorite packet trick. Pretty simple, gets great reactions, and tells a good story. (i.e., it's not just a "hey, look what I can do" kind of trick. Oh, and it comes with a nice little wallet where you can keep several packet tricks.

Brainwave is pretty good, and I like it, but sometimes it gets a "hey, wasn't that a coincidence" kind of reaction.

Another good one that I haven't seen mentioned yet is Daryl's "Crossed Thought". You need to buy the gaffed cards, but a performance and explanation of it is on Fooler Doolers #3. This one isn't too difficult either, but looks very magical.

As far as "Twisting the Aces", I always enjoyed doing it, but it never got great reactions for me. Not sure why...

Eric.
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
Before buying any more packet tricks I'd suggest waiting a few weeks then trying to pick up a copy of my book "Small But Deadly" a book all about packet tricks. It is just being reprinted by H & R Books in Texas. It was reviewed here by a few people when if first got released and soon went out of print.

It'll save you money in the long run by being aware of exactly what is out there and best versions of plots, plus, of course, there are some excellent routines in there fully described for you to do also.

A great reference book for all cardicians, and a fun read too!:)

Paul.
pezgod
View Profile
New user
Ohio
94 Posts

Profile of pezgod
Color monte is awesome! NFW takes a bit more work, but is AMAZING once you get the hang of it...people will be like....NFW!!!! y'all know what I'm talking about if you have it...and if you don't..GET IT!! easiest packet though, has to be Skinner's "Ultimate monte"

later,
Kevin
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Favourite packet trick for beginers (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL