We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Recommended Background Music for Seances (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

hoodrat
View Profile
Veteran user
Southern California
384 Posts

Profile of hoodrat
Hi! I was wondering if anybody could recommend any good background music to play while conducting a seance. I'm looking for music that will help set the spooky, supernatural, and otherworldly atmosphere. Any ideas or suggestions will be appreciated! Thanks!
R2
View Profile
Special user
935 Posts

Profile of R2
I have a four disc set of music that will set the tone and also lay the aural foundations for a very lengthy seance....$15.00 postpaid and it's yours!
paypal or money order is fine.
SenseiStrange
View Profile
Veteran user
The Dead God's Dreams
345 Posts

Profile of SenseiStrange
I recommend the Chant series - Chants from Benedictine monks. Good stuff - Holy and creepy.

Sensei Strange
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Well, you pays your money, you takes your Chants, I guess...

I also recommend Liszt. Listen to some of his works and see what will fit in, where.

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
1947 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
Go to ur local CD store, ask for song for meditation CD. I used that.
hoodrat
View Profile
Veteran user
Southern California
384 Posts

Profile of hoodrat
Quote:
On 2005-02-13 01:28, SenseiStrange wrote:
I recommend the Chant series - Chants from Benedictine monks. Good stuff - Holy and creepy.

Sensei Strange

I didn't even think of using chants! That's a great idea! Somewhere I have a CD with chants on it performed by a quartet of women who themselves "Anonymous 4". Thanks for the idea!
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
Ssucahyo,

Please take this as the compliment it is intended to be, but you have one creepy avatar. Very nice costuming and makeup.

Mark
What would Wavy do?
Dr_Stephen_Midnight
View Profile
Inner circle
SW Ohio, USA
1555 Posts

Profile of Dr_Stephen_Midnight
Midnight Syndicate has been popular for this sort of thing. I've heard recently that while the music of Midnight Syndicate is not royalty free, they have been allowing their music to be used as background for performances PROVIDED they are contacted and made aware of the event where the music will be used. You might want to double-check this.

Their website:

http://www.midnightsyndicate.com/

Steve
Dr. Lao: "Do you know what wisdom is?"
Mike: "No."
Dr. Lao: "Wise answer."
ScottLeavitt
View Profile
Special user
730 Posts

Profile of ScottLeavitt
Mark, I was thinking the same think about that Avatar...except that you're ASSUMING its makeup and costuming...
travisb
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
535 Posts

Profile of travisb
Enter the Gladiators by Fucik.

-Travis
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
2948 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
Check out TULKUmusic.com.

You can find this in some new age stores as well.
Silly Walter the Polar Bear
View Profile
Special user
506 Posts

Profile of Silly Walter the Polar Bear
Quote:
On 2005-02-13 00:59, hoodrat wrote:
Hi! I was wondering if anybody could recommend any good background music to play while conducting a seance. I'm looking for music that will help set the spooky, supernatural, and otherworldly atmosphere. Any ideas or suggestions will be appreciated! Thanks!

During the last seance I hosted, we played the greatest hits of John Phillip Souza. We tried contacting John Adams, Thomas Jefferson and James Monroe since they all died on July 4.
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
1947 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
Lanitesfun.....thanks for your compliment ;O)
EVILDAN
View Profile
Inner circle
1272 Posts

Profile of EVILDAN
"Black Aria" by Danzig

You'll have to edit it and leave out two tracks that seem a bit harsher than the rest of the album. Off the top of my head I forget which two they are.

EVILDAN.
by EVILDAN....
"The Coin Board Book" - moves and routines with the coin panel board. - http://www.lybrary.com/the-coin-board-book-p-827955.html
"SLASHER - A Horror Whodunnit" - a bizarre close-up routine based on Bob Neale's "Sole Survivor."
PM me for more info.
"Zombie Town" - a packet effect about how a small town turned into zombies. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nzJhcoJtyOM
mysticmick
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of mysticmick
I have used the theme to the movie "The Fog" runs for 8 minutes. Also you can dowmload stuff in kaza using the search for sound effects or horror.
handa
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, PA
1348 Posts

Profile of handa
Midnight Syndicate is a good "industry standard" for a darker seance. And yes, they do allow performance rights with registered permission and the understanding that the user post signage identifying the artists' music as in use at the attraction.

Jay Scott Berry's original CD's (if you can find them) or his compilation CD are also all good for setting a slightly lighter but still mystical tone. I believe that JSB's music also comes with some form of performance rights as well, although I'm not sure of the details.

And for something that is surfacing from the underground scene, check out http://www.georgesabol.com . George's music was used in background scenes at both Kennywood Amusement Park and in Castle Blood this past year. He's a good friend and a great musician. I'm listening to some samples from his most recent CD as I type this.

Chris
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Recommended Background Music for Seances (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL