The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » FamilyGuy Update (And American Dad) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2766 Posts

Profile of Jordini
Ok, Fox is currently showing episodes of family guy, but do not be fooled! These are old reruns. The new episodes will be shown in May, so we have some time.

On a side note, did anyone catch the pilot for American Dad? I thought it was alright, but nowhere near the comedy that Family Guy supplies.
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2894 Posts

Profile of dpe666
Quote:
On 2005-02-13 19:10, Jordini wrote:

On a side note, did anyone catch the pilot for American Dad? I thought it was alright, but nowhere near the comedy that Family Guy supplies.

I saw American Dad. You are right. It was not BAD, but it was not as great as Family Guy. American Dad is to Family Guy what Futurama is to The Simpsons. Smile
scott b.
View Profile
Special user
732 Posts

Profile of scott b.
Quote:
On 2005-02-13 19:10, Jordini wrote:
Ok, Fox is currently showing episodes of family guy, but do not be fooled! These are old reruns. The new episodes will be shown in May, so we have some time.

May 1st I believe.

They showed previews of the episodes awhile back.
Thanks! Scott B.

"I don't know the key to success . . . but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." - Bill Cosby
tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1239 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
I need to check this out.
Brian-
"That smart thing that somebody else said".
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1999 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
......... But I LOVE Futurama.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
Heavenly Display
View Profile
New user
Norway
5 Posts

Profile of Heavenly Display
I agree. Futurama is much better than American Dad in my opinion.
Satori
View Profile
New user
Panama City, FL USA
61 Posts

Profile of Satori
The thing about Family Guy is that the voice acting is SO good. The intonations and inflection and dramatic pause, all right on target. The writing is superb, but a good script by itself is not enough.

I think another contributing factor to Family Guy's success is the chemistry between the characters. The dynamic relationships between them adds a great deal of watchability and versatility to the show.

These are the things that I did not get from watching American Dad. I got a few laughs, but it seems like they were trying too hard to reproduce Family Guy. It all felt contrived. I guess we will have to watch in the future to see if some of these things pan out, but for now, I give it a 3 out of 5.

S.
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
Leela is the hottest cycloptic woman I have ever seen!
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1999 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
Also, doesn't Dr. Zoidburg look delicious?
My only complaint would be the negative stereotyping of aliens. Xenophobia should not be allowed in our enlightened society.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
LDM
View Profile
Loyal user
Upstate New York
278 Posts

Profile of LDM
Maybe it's just me, but it feels like Seth is trying a little too hard with American Dad. I love Family Guy, though.
Beetroot
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of Beetroot
Is this season 4 of Family Guy? I'm in the middle of watching FG Season 3. I tried explaining to some guys at work why Lois is hot. They looked at me blank.
scott b.
View Profile
Special user
732 Posts

Profile of scott b.
Quote:
On 2005-02-15 17:33, Beetroot wrote:
Is this season 4 of Family Guy? I'm in the middle of watching FG Season 3. I tried explaining to some guys at work why Lois is hot. They looked at me blank.

Yes, It will be Season 4 of Family Guy.

I seen a few quick previews of it (rough drafts of sketches) awhile back. One was Lois handing Peter something to drink and he looks at her with a look of shock on his face as he says:

"Woah, Woah, Woah, Woah, Woah, Woah, Woah, Woah. Lois this is not my batman glass".

A few minutes later I finally changed my pants.

Scott
Thanks! Scott B.

"I don't know the key to success . . . but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." - Bill Cosby
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1999 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
Stewie reminds me so much of myself when I was young, and a cartoon. I swear every episode I watch, which of course is far too many, (I think I've seen em all) I can't help but wonder how they ever got on T.V. What are the censors thinking? I always tell my wife there's more intelectual value in Family Guy and South Park, than in all other media combined. I mean it too. I also drink.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » FamilyGuy Update (And American Dad) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL