We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » HELP! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

R.T.
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of R.T.
Hello,

I'm brand new to this, and just finished researching the post about what books to buy as a newbie. A very common reccomendation was Mark Wilson's complete course in Magic. I've been looking on E-bay and was wondering if there was a diffrence (or you reccommended) between the 1988 version or the revised 03 version. Also for a lot of the books this seems to be the case-an older versio and then a revised. Is there a big diffrence?

Thanks for your help!!!
alson
View Profile
Regular user
143 Posts

Profile of alson
R.T.
I not sure about the in diffrence in the books. I just purchase 2002 version
and it is great . Full of all kinds of magic . I have been in magic for along time
but always like to get books on the subject. It well worth your money.
Aslon
magicsarge
View Profile
New user
Northamptonshire, Great Britain
79 Posts

Profile of magicsarge
In my huble opinion the Mark Wilson course book is great! Lots of help and very well presented. I can't answer your question, but what I would say is don't hesitate to buy this - there is no better way to get started....enjoy your journey
ClouDsss
View Profile
Inner circle
1799 Posts

Profile of ClouDsss
Usually, the first edition books are more for collectors as once they are sold out, the prices will increase tremedously over time (e.g. cards as weapons, etc)

As for the content, it is usually the same, safe for a few changes here and there. Hence, if you jus want the content, IMO get the cheaper one.

cheerios
Think outside the box, cos people are all thinking inside now!! - ClouDsss
calexa
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1635 Posts

Profile of calexa
The only difference is, that you will find some additional tricks in the 03 version (I have looked at both)

Look also here:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=41

Scroll down a little bit to see where I have asked the same question and to read the answers.

Magixx
Optimists have more fun.....
R.T.
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of R.T.
Thanks for all the help. I'm going to purchase it tonight!
pipes5780
View Profile
New user
Chicago
7 Posts

Profile of pipes5780
I checked it our from my local library, A great book that I will surely purchase, once I have to return mine to the library that is. The also had Mark Wilson's most amazing card tricks, a lot of it was a repeat of what is in the complete course book, but there is some added stuff, I would recommend if you would like to focus on cards.
David Fletcher
View Profile
Loyal user
238 Posts

Profile of David Fletcher
The Mark Wilson course is now available in paperback - Barnes and Noble had it for $19.99
You have to give it away to keep it.
mgical
View Profile
Regular user
195 Posts

Profile of mgical
There is a big version (A4 size which has a few new bits from the old hardback edition) or a small pocket (if you have large pockets!) edition. The big one is easier to learn from. But a pain to carry when you are first beginning . As lets be honest you want to play every time you have a spare five minutes
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » HELP! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL