The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Tom Lyon UK Escape Artist (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Riley
View Profile
Special user
Swansea UK
955 Posts

Profile of Riley
Recently received a text message from Tom to say he will appear on the Ant and Dec TV Show on Saturday 26th Feb 8.00pm. I have no further details, but will be worth a look!

Riley
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Cool, VCR's on stand by then.

On a seperate note, will Tom be joining us at the next UKEA meet?

Ros
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
Riley
View Profile
Special user
Swansea UK
955 Posts

Profile of Riley
I hope so, Ros. Haven't had his reply, yet.

If anyone else with a genuine interest wants to attend the next UKEA meeting, please contact me for details.

Riley
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
How Often are these meetings Held ?
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
On that day at that time I will be watching a live performance of the Evasons.
Wolflock
Pro Magician & Escapologist
Member of JMC (Johannesburg Magic Circle)
South Africa
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Wolfie will you be Taping it ?
Riley
View Profile
Special user
Swansea UK
955 Posts

Profile of Riley
Received text message from Tom Lyon earlier today . . his television appearance will now be the following Saturday: 5th March

Don: the UKEA meet approx every six months (so far!) Next meeting Sat 9th April in Maidenhead.

Regards

Riley
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Riley I think its Nicer to meet twice a year rather. then once a year.
Riley
View Profile
Special user
Swansea UK
955 Posts

Profile of Riley
Yeah . . we can do the "..as I was saying.." bit Smile
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Hi guys

Just to let you know, I will be the other expert on the show with Tom.

Cheers

David
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
escapologist2001
View Profile
Regular user
Connah's Quay, Wales, UK
127 Posts

Profile of escapologist2001
Anyone see the show ?
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Double trouble Smile

I just caught it, but didn't get chance to video it. For those that didn't see it, Ant and Dec have to do a challenge every week and compete against eachother. This week was their turn to have a bash at escapology. They were trained by David and Tom to perform the 100' rope tie, tied to a chair. It was basically a race to see who could get out and press make it to the buzzer first.
I didn't see the whole show though. Did either of you guys (David and/or Tom) do any escapes yourselves?
Ros
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Ros we need to get you a DVDR Recorder.
Riley
View Profile
Special user
Swansea UK
955 Posts

Profile of Riley
Well, guys. I'm ashamed to say that after giving out the news, I missed it Smile

Stand in the corner, Riley!
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Hi guys

I have only just seen the footage myself, having forgotten to set the video.. oops.

The peice came over really well I think. Both presenters managed to escape, with the one I taught (Dec) gtting out first. There was only half a second in it though, and the atmosphere in the studio was very tense. Everyone involved felt it was the best challenge that had been done so far, it certainly was dramatic and nail biting to watch.

The footage from the training, and of the live escape/s did not make escapology look easy. The guys looked like they had gone through hell (they had!) to do a fairly simple rope escape.

Neither myself or Tom did any live escapes. We trained the guys and tied them up on the night.

ITV have a page about the show with some footage of the escape to download. It is at: http://www.itv.com/page.asp?partid=2258

And video

Cheers

David
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
Daniel Santos
View Profile
Special user
562 Posts

Profile of Daniel Santos
From the video, we can tell you did a pretty good job training those two! Well done.

Quote:
On 2005-03-10 15:13, David Straitjacket wrote:
Neither myself or Tom did any live escapes. We trained the guys and tied them up on the night.

That would've been so much publicity! What did you say...8, 9 million viewers?
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Ant and Decs Saturday Night Takeaway gets about 7.53 million viewers, which is the highest rating TV show at 7:00pm on a Saturday night. In second place is the National Lottery, which is broadcast at the same time, with 6.22 million viewers. So basically the British public would rather watch our two boys training a couple of celebs in escapology than see if they've won millions of pounds.
This info was taken from BARB http://www.barb.co.uk and is the ratings for terrestrial TV only, which doesn't include SKY or Cable.
Well done again guys!
Ros

ps
can you spot the media student??
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Tom Lyon UK Escape Artist (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL