The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Juice Deck (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Andrew Loh
View Profile
Inner circle
Malaysia
1455 Posts

Profile of Andrew Loh
Hi folks,

How many of you guys here have other variations of Juice Deck???

I am really looking forward to hear more of this subject, thanks! Smile

Best,
Andrew Loh

Check out my new card magic eBooks "The Magnificent Queens" & "Triple Charms" at:
www.cardicianden.com

My Cardician Den Blog:
http://pasteboards.blogspot.com/
p:m
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto, Canada
230 Posts

Profile of p:m
Where can you buy a Juice Deck? Or can they be made.

I havnt seen any online shops realy that cary them i.e. hank lee, elmwood, trickery etc.
p:m
<BR>www.petermckinnon.com
EvanSparts
View Profile
Veteran user
Michigan
333 Posts

Profile of EvanSparts
Contact eight n]spades, we use one in a regular poker game a week
HiraseMagic
View Profile
Special user
Hong Kong
573 Posts

Profile of HiraseMagic
Sorry, but what is a juice deck. Can you kindly tell me?

Thanks.
Hirase
In love with magic!
T. Joseph O'Malley
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1937 Posts

Profile of T. Joseph O'Malley
Ah the monthly juice deck post surfaces again...
tjo'
Craig Krisulevicz
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia, PA
647 Posts

Profile of Craig Krisulevicz
Wait wait wait TJO, what's Juice??
Who is John Galt?
Eight Spades
View Profile
Elite user
Ohio (northwest)
482 Posts

Profile of Eight Spades
This is just getting old. Do a search people, it's one of the most talked about things on this forum.
"Tricks are only the crude residue from which the lifeblood of magic has been drained." -S.H. Sharpe
JasonEngland
View Profile
V.I.P.
Las Vegas, NV
1729 Posts

Profile of JasonEngland
What R the best tricks to due witha Juiced deck?

Jason
Eternal damnation awaits anyone who questions God's unconditional love. --Bill Hicks
Mr. Z
View Profile
Special user
818 Posts

Profile of Mr. Z
Quote:
On 2005-02-15 14:30, JasonEngland wrote:

Jason

bOttome dealz!!!11eleven!!
"...if you have to say you is, you ain't."--Jimmy Hoffa
T. Joseph O'Malley
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1937 Posts

A guy sold me a deck and claimed you could tell the value of the cards by using special green glasses - which he also sold me. gambler's specs. he said to make sure the backs of the cards were facing the floor. can't wait to try it in a game and rip off my friend(z).
tjo'
JasonEngland
View Profile
V.I.P.
Las Vegas, NV
1729 Posts

Profile of JasonEngland
Do they make Juiced decks for Black Tigers? Cause that would be rad!

Jason
Eternal damnation awaits anyone who questions God's unconditional love. --Bill Hicks
markhammagi
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of markhammagi
You can learn a little history about the juice deck in card Finesse (Racherbaumer, 1982, pp 192-193). John Cornelius marketed a trick deck in the '90s that used the "juice deck" principle, I didn't find the deck easy to use ... but for magic purposes, I prefer to use decks like the DeKram deck since they are easier to read.
Andy
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Expertmagician
Juiced decks and marked cards which use sunglasses are VERY different, even though both are considered "Shade" technology.

The decks which can be read only using a filter & sunglasses are called Luminous and Juice decks do not require sunglasses.

Luminous are easy to learn to read ... but, juiced cards will take some practice. (Personally, I prefer juice because I don't want to wear sunglasses and I did not mind the practice to read the marks.)

Both juice and luminous shade are dependent upon how you perceive shade and the lighting in the room. The filter helps make the luminous markings "jump-out" at you. That is why I prefer to mark my own cards. In this way, I am sure that I will be able to read the marks in the target room's lighting or in sunlight. Pre-marked luminous & juice decks assume you perceive shade the same as the manufacturer and that light is "average" (Whatever "average" is ?)

If you decide to mark your own, be careful about using IR technology because all solutions I have seen so far have damaged the finish, so the cards must be re-finished before used. (This is a time consuming process.) If you by pre-marked IR, it does not matter, since the company does it...just check the cards my reflecting light off the card at an angle to see if you can see a burnt finish.
(try taking a drop of alcohol and placing it on a card for a few seconds, wipe it off, and you will know what the problem looks like without re-finishing the card.)

Try http://www.marked-cards.com to learn more or search the web.

Enjoy!
Long Island,

New York
Craig Krisulevicz
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia, PA
647 Posts

Profile of Craig Krisulevicz
Can you do flourishes with juice, or doesn't that work out??
Who is John Galt?
Mike Powers
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
2986 Posts

Profile of Mike Powers
I just saw an ad for "juice" but I can't remember where?? Anyone recall?

Mike
Silly Walter the Polar Bear
View Profile
Special user
506 Posts

Profile of Silly Walter the Polar Bear
Quote:
On 2005-02-15 14:30, JasonEngland wrote:

Jason

Either Color Monte or anything from the large Stuart James book using Robert Neale's patter.
Eight Spades
View Profile
Elite user
Ohio (northwest)
482 Posts

Profile of Eight Spades
Quote:
On 2005-02-15 14:41, Mr. Z wrote:

bOttome dealz!!!11eleven!!

Since when is a bottom deal an effect? A simple sleight is not enough to make an effect.

Juice decks can accomplish absolutely anything a normal deck can. In addition, you can do marked deck effects. You don't normally buy the deck already juiced, you usually juice it yourself with a bottle of liquid.

-Christian
"Tricks are only the crude residue from which the lifeblood of magic has been drained." -S.H. Sharpe
T. Joseph O'Malley
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1937 Posts

(Craig this post is for you my friend:)

OK time to up the stakes here. In my heart, I believe that most magicians want a juiced deck so they can fool other magicians and then say, "hey it was a JUICED deck!". To that end...

Here's a cool thing to do to fool your juice obsessed pals: bring in a regular old fashioned m__k_d deck (some non-juice method) and explain that the deck is juiced, be sure to emphasize how difficult it is to read the markings, etc.
This would work REALLY well if you actually took out a bottle of some liquid marked (juice), or better yet, just flash the bottle to them from under the table.

Or even better use a st___d & m____zed deck and then perform miracles from across the room.

Or to top this one, find a pal familiar with some sort of mn___ic code and set up a phony juice demo, again emphasizing how easy it is to read juice marks from a distance away.

My point is, lie through your teeth about juice, about how expensive & rare it was, because many card guys are so fixated on it that they'll probably be blinded to the actual (simpler cheaper) methods you're actually using.

Ultimately, if you're a real jerk, be SURE to send them home with your (un)juiced deck so they can spend hours staring at it.

(I'm a little stinker, ain't i?)
tjo'
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Expertmagician
You can do flourishes with juiced cards. If you get a good quality juice. vs. a cheap imitation. The finish of the cards are undamaged and fans, flourishes, etc. work just fine.
Long Island,

New York
Loz
View Profile
Special user
London
777 Posts

Profile of Loz
I wouldn't say its simpler (memorising a deck is a lot harder than marking one with juice), and its about 1 dollar more expensive than nothing at all.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Juice Deck (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL