The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » The Sharpshooter Move (A New Card Revelation) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Pharaoh Nuff
View Profile
Regular user
Third stone from the sun
119 Posts

Profile of Pharaoh Nuff
Okay, I'm giving serious thought on releasing this as an e-book somehow, but don't know how. Can somebody give me some pointers please ?

The Sharpshooter Move (A New Card Revelation)

A freely chosen card is signed and lost in the deck.
In one 'draw' all 52 cards are thrown into mid-air and as you successfully catch all of them, one card, while in mid-air, has 'shot' out of reach, but it has landed face down in front of the 'victim', who picks it up only to be 'blown away'!

Can be done as a stand alone effect or as an addition to many other routines, e.g. Ambitious Card, Gambling Routines, etc.

No gimmicks of any kind ; it's a card move.

Can be done surrounded.

Cheers
360degree
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of 360degree
That sounds cool.
4Jacks
View Profile
Veteran user
345 Posts

Profile of 4Jacks
Sounds Cool,
I don't know too much about e-books.
But if you want to put it up on a web page it would be simple enough.
Is it something you could just take pictures of various stages or do you need to shoot video?
Pharaoh Nuff
View Profile
Regular user
Third stone from the sun
119 Posts

Profile of Pharaoh Nuff
Thanks guys, I'm looking into it.It could be explained by pictures at various stages, which was my first intention. Whatever form it's released it will be clearly explained, soon hopefully, I know you'll like it.

Daniel
4Jacks
View Profile
Veteran user
345 Posts

Profile of 4Jacks
Cool can't wait!
Chris Keppel
View Profile
Special user
Kansas City MO
544 Posts

Profile of Chris Keppel
Throw a video up.
www.chriskeppel.com
Kepp's Custom Carbon Fiber
zombieboy
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut, USA
889 Posts

Profile of zombieboy
It sounds very impressive. I would love to see it; I'm definetly interested!
JeremiahZuo
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of JeremiahZuo
Here's a tip. Don't think about releasing material for a couple more years. First of all(don't take me too harsh) but one move in an e-book? Unless you're just giving it away. There are plenty of revelations out there, this one doesn't sound good enough to make me shell out money just for it.

Secondly people tend to hone material and keep it to themselves for quite awhile before they give material away. When you just create something and try to put it out right away it's like you're just trying to put something out there to put something out there. That can seriously hurt a reputation.
Joshua 24:15
4Jacks
View Profile
Veteran user
345 Posts

Profile of 4Jacks
Quote:
On 2005-02-15 19:17, JeremiahZuo wrote:
Here's a tip. Don't think about releasing material for a couple more years.

How do you know how long he has been working on this move?

Quote:
On 2005-02-15 19:17, JeremiahZuo wrote:
When you just create something and try to put it out right away it's like you're just trying to put something out there to put something out there. That can seriously hurt a reputation.

Even though, I've done nothing, have no experience, And can't do Anything Special. I'm going to disagree. With the Magic of Video and/or just photos, he doesn't even have to have this trick down pack to make it look that way. I.E. just edit out the bad parts and just keep doing it, till you get a usable product.

As far as his reputation, I don't see how it can Hurt. Every Actor has Bad Commercials or "B" flicks they've done before they made it big. Those films didn't hurt their careers, it actually helps them when they show up on those cheesy shows about what famous people did before they were famous. It's not like he is every going to look back and say. "GOSH!!! I wish I didn't Develop that Trick!"

Besides He is Asking to release it first on this Forum, I think one of the main purposes behind that is to receive helpful feedback, and be able to refine, his method, video, or e-book with our critism. If he were to make a quick video and start selling it on eBay, it would be a different story.

And Most Importantly
I WANNA SEE IT.
I would however like for it to be free !
Pharaoh Nuff
View Profile
Regular user
Third stone from the sun
119 Posts

Profile of Pharaoh Nuff
Thanks for your thoughts and enthusiasm, and you have raised a few questions which I am going to answer briefly with a just a little background. First of all I came up with this 'ages' ago and have given it a great deal of thought on releasing it. I am reluctant to give it too much hype if any at all, I would like however those who buy it, to enjoy it and hopefully find some use for it in some of their card routines. Maybe through word of mouth it will find a reputation all of it's own, and I don't think it will do mine or anybody elses reputation any harm at all. I have recieved amazing reactions from this, and last year was the first time I performed this for some magicians all of which happened to love card magic. Anyway, their jaws just dropped when I did it, "No **** way", "Do that again", and my favorite "Oh that is **** beautiful, how did you do that" were some of the comments, I repeated the effect two or three more times which I know is a no-no usually, but every guess that they made was wrong so no problem, and at the time before this it never really occured to me that this was so special or unique. Anybody who has ever tried to do anything original knows just how difficult and rare that is. My main interest now however, is in the area of mentalism so I'll be rarely using this if at all anymore, and thus don't mind letting this out. It will be at a very low price, and I might also post out a limited few for free at some stage.

Thanks again for your interest,
Daniel
JeremiahZuo
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of JeremiahZuo
4jacks did you listen to yourself? I mean really. The comment I'm referring to is "even if he can't do it, he can still put it out with some editing".

Now this has nothing to do with Daniel as I do know nothing about him or his move so I'd have to see it first.

4jacks that is probably one of the stupidest pieces of advice I've ever heard. That comment may seem harsh. I don't wanna be a mean guy or make waves, but come on? Put out something even if you can't do it?(not saying that Daniel can't do the move, saying in general for anyone or anything). That proves even more that someone is putting it out just to put it out. Why else would they publish it if they can't do it, certainly not trying to share something they find useful.

And how could a bad release hurt your reputation, I don't know, alot. Ever heard of Ravina? I guarantee you it will be very very hard for him to become respectable in the magic community, or get anyone to buy something of his, actually closer to impossible.. And that was after only 3 small release.

As for Daniel I would love to see a video of the move. And mentalism? Ack don't go Kurtz on us!(just kidding)
4Jacks
View Profile
Veteran user
345 Posts

Profile of 4Jacks
Quote:
On 2005-02-15 20:03, 4Jacks wrote:
With the Magic of Video and/or just photos, he doesn't even have to have this trick down pack to make it look that way. I.E. just edit out the bad parts and just keep doing it, till you get a usable product.

Quote:
On 2005-02-16 15:57, JeremiahZuo wrote:
4jacks did you listen to yourself? I mean really. The comment I'm referring to is "even if he can't do it, he can still put it out with some editing".

Jeremiah, Please do not edit my words, put them in quotations and try to make it appear that I said something I did not say. That is just malicious, and at this point continuing the conversation is pointless.

Pharaoh, I'd say if you're going to Sell it, Put it in Video Format. Just my opinion that Video's are easier to learn from. I also think you would stand to make more money and sell more. I can't give you too much advice on actually shooting it though, I'm not a video guru by any means. And When You select the few to view it for free remember who your first supporter on the forums was!!!
JeremiahZuo
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of JeremiahZuo
My quotations were meant to say I'm putting your words into more succinct terms. Which is all I did. Did you read the two quotes you put up? That's exactly what you said. I just said it simpler.

"With the Magic of Video and/or just photos, he doesn't even have to have this trick down pack to make it look that way. I.E. just edit out the bad parts and just keep doing it, till you get a usable product. "

If not then tell me what the above quote means? How can it mean anything other than he can put outsomething without being able to do it?
4Jacks
View Profile
Veteran user
345 Posts

Profile of 4Jacks
"Down Pack" is a common phrase that means to be able to perform the (trick or whatever you're referring to) every time flawless.

Quote:
On 2005-02-17 07:46, 4Jacks wrote:
at this point continuing the conversation is pointless.

You're going to continue to say
Quote:
On 2005-02-16 15:57, JeremiahZuo wrote:
4jacks that is probably one of the stupidest pieces of advice I've ever heard.

And I'm going to continue to Say
Quote:
On 2005-02-17 07:46, 4Jacks wrote:
Jeremiah, Please do not edit my words, put them in quotations and try to make it appear that I said something I did not say. That is just malicious

Soooooooo………… IBTL =þ
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4282 Posts

Profile of Daegs
It's "down pat".
4Jacks
View Profile
Veteran user
345 Posts

Profile of 4Jacks
Really, You Sure??

My Fault
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » The Sharpshooter Move (A New Card Revelation) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL