The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Pool Chop Cup (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BerkleyJL
View Profile
Veteran user
Chicago, IL
397 Posts

Profile of BerkleyJL
Smile
I just found out my wife is getting me Stephane Bourgoin's "Pool Chop Cup" for my birthday (March 1st). It was at the top of my wish list and apparently, I've been a "good boy!" Smile

I've read some great reviews on it, but someone said it was too elegant to perform with. Smile This effect is perfectly in character for me, so I will definitely use it...but what does too elegant mean? Are there any precautions I should take?

I'll also post a review in "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly" after I've had a chance to perform with it a few times.

Joe
I need a stage name.

Joe Berkley
BLSmagic
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of BLSmagic
BerkleyJL,
I don't have this particular chop cup, but I do use a cue ball and an 8 ball for my final loads in my stage routine for cups and balls. I use smooth classical music for this routine. It does look very classy to use billiard balls in a cups and balls routine. All I would say is, develop a routine and hand it to your audience to snack on. If the reactions are kinds that you want, don't change anything. Hope that helps. Good luck. It is a beautiful looking product.
My screen name has changed to "Bryan Swaringen."

www.BusinessEntertainer.com www.MagicPromoReel.com
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24249 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I haven't seen this prop yet. I understand that the balls provided are actually painted wooden balls. If these are done well, they will look very much like the real thing.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
BerkleyJL
View Profile
Veteran user
Chicago, IL
397 Posts

Profile of BerkleyJL
Next time I come to Texas I'll let you check 'em out...unless you get a set by then. I know you're quite the collector! In fact, I went to your site to see if you had them under Chop Chop Cups or Unusual Cups already.
I need a stage name.

Joe Berkley
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24249 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Thanks. I just haven't had a chance to order it or the tennis ball chop cup.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Steve Hook
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC, USA
1263 Posts

Profile of Steve Hook
Does anyone who has bought this have any comments on the quality of the props or the routine (standard? patter?)

Thanks much!

Steve H
Like Bonnie Raitt said, "I miss Little Feat more than I miss being 8 years old." Thanks for the concerts + recordings, Lowell, Richie, and Paul!
BerkleyJL
View Profile
Veteran user
Chicago, IL
397 Posts

Profile of BerkleyJL
Keep an eye out for my review. It was just ordered today so I should receive it sometime next week.
I need a stage name.

Joe Berkley
RickThibau
View Profile
Loyal user
Brazil
252 Posts

Profile of RickThibau
http://www.rickthibau.com/videos.php?cod_video=9
1'50" take a peek ate the chop cup, old video (from 2007)

I stood away from it as I`m mainly doing mentalism and if have to will do a 2 cups and balls routine, but last week I played a little bit with my routine then I'm back to the pool chop cup for cabaret/stage magic act.

Ups and downs
-looks good, profesionally made, these props are great to play/create/twist method ideas.
-balls might break and are replaceable (around $45 for two balls - gimmicked and regular).

I use the appearing pool cue at the end and a green mat of course adds to the nice design aspect of it.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24249 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I did actually get a set of these shortly after this thread was started. I don't really think this is a practical set. The mesh "cup" seems a bit fragile to me. It may not be, but I'd rather have something that didn't look so contrived.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13384 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I've seen those offerings.. pool, tennis.. and I agree with Bill. too fragile and too contrived for my taste.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Pool Chop Cup (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL