The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Front Row Sankey (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Agreed about the forcing... I wasn't quite thinking clearly I suppose. I'll modify my statement to "spectator has a free choice of any of the cards in front of him/her." Or is that saying too much? that's for pointing that out to me.

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
kihei kid
View Profile
Inner circle
Dog House
1039 Posts

Profile of kihei kid
Excellent review Mercury52. Thanks for your help.
In loving memory of Hughie Thomasson 1952-2007.

You brought something beautiful to this world, you touched my heart, my soul and my life. You will be greatly missed.

Until we meet again “my old friend”.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Nice review indeed. Love Paperclipped and am always looking for variations on it. Think I'll pick this one up soon.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
No problem, for as often as Sankey comes out with a new DVD or trick, this one really has some good stuff. And for my last post, the sentence is supposed to say "Thanks for pointing that out to me" not "that's for..."

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
HiraseMagic
View Profile
Special user
Hong Kong
573 Posts

Profile of HiraseMagic
Thanks, Mercury52,

I will give it a try, especially it's a DVD performing in real setting!

Thanks for your review!

best,
Hirase
In love with magic!
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1488 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
I got the DVD . Fan Mail –( A variation on the classic bill ) is great . I will do this one.

Shape of Things to Come –I like this one very much ! Variation on a kind of Mind's Eye Deck from Max Maven ...but which you can not miss .No problems with the cards .
Badger
View Profile
Elite user
Ireland
401 Posts

Profile of Badger
Sankey must need money for his rent again,... his coins across is the best one out there sseeing it on 5 DVDs gives you a chance 2 see 5 ways in performance. However no only three DVDs are ever needed by him and the are the very best of jay sankey 1,2,3 by llpub.......
qkeli
View Profile
Special user
paris,france
792 Posts

Profile of qkeli
Should I understand that the coins across routine on this new dvd is "mr clean coins across" ?
qkeli
View Profile
Special user
paris,france
792 Posts

Profile of qkeli
Should I understand that the coins across routine on this new dvd is "mr clean coins across" ?
danielrhall
View Profile
Regular user
NH, where some days I feel as dumb as
181 Posts

Profile of danielrhall
Quote:
On 2005-03-16 13:04, qkeli wrote:
I don't think so. It's mentioned in the review above that, in this routine, coins end up in the pocket.
ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1525 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
Maybe Badger should get a little more info before bashing Jay and this DVD? The coin routine sounds nothing like his coins across. As for only needing 3 DVDs, I don't buy that either. Fan Mail sounds like a great idea and definitely worth checking out. I think I'll wait until I see something before telling everyone it's not any good.
daaaave
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of daaaave
Qkeli,

Jay's Slow Motion Coins routine on this dvd is completely different from his Mr Clean Coins Across and his No Jacket Required routines. With this new routine the coins are openly placed one at a time into your closed left fist. Even though the spectator holds tightly onto your wrist, the coins disappear and you remove them all from your pocket with your empty right hand.

Hope this clears it up.

Dave
ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1525 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
This DVD has some REALLY good material on it.
Fan Mail, Full Lotus & The Phoenix Effect are great. He also has a nice a nice wrinkle on Crazy Mans Handcuffs with a great climax.
Joe Mauro
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of Joe Mauro
My local shop doesn't carry this DVD. They say Penguin magic are the only authorized dealers for Sankey material.
~Joe
paulduggan
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of paulduggan
Er, yes. They're right.
It was a good battle, and they nearly won.
daaaave
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of daaaave
You can find a lot of Sankey's dvds on ebay both new and second hand ones. You can usually get them pretty cheap as well.
Adam J
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Adam J
EBay has cheap ones, but it's best to go with Penguin. Then you're guarenteed customer service and can return it if the disc doesn't work etc...
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Anyoen have a problem with there DVD not playing the last 7 effects?
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
shazzy
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of shazzy
Mine arrived today will post my thoughts in 2-3 days time.
GoranS
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of GoranS
Quote:
On 2005-03-14 11:12, HiraseMagic wrote:

I will give it a try, especially it's a DVD performing in real setting!

several "bonus"-routines are performed in a studio...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Front Row Sankey (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL