The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Card in Bottle (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Chris Jones
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of Chris Jones
Hey folks. Whoohoo I am posting on Café!

I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for card in bottle. I know the David Blaine version.

Cheers,

Chris
cardman1990
View Profile
Regular user
194 Posts

Profile of cardman1990
There's a Penguin magic download *shudder* with one.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Camilo, from Spain, will fool the best of 'em with his version. No, not in print.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
kid iowa
View Profile
Loyal user
Oklahoma
300 Posts

Profile of kid iowa
Larry Jennings also has a version. I believe it's in the Classic Magic of Larry Jennings book. Or you could come up with your own version, there are a million ideas for "card to impossible location." It just depends on the parameters that you want to put on the effect.
Any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile...can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction, "I served in the United States Navy." J.F.K.
NickJegor
View Profile
Elite user
Lithuania
466 Posts

Profile of NickJegor
Penguin Magic has one. It's call "Buttle up."
Very easy to do.
Nikolajus Jegorovas
Kaunas, Lithuania
Web: http://www.nicholaskin.com
Pablo Tejero
View Profile
Inner circle
Zaragoza, SPAIN
1201 Posts

Profile of Pablo Tejero
Quote:
On 2005-02-15 21:37, Pete Biro wrote:
Camilo, from Spain, will fool the best of 'em with his version. No, not in print.

I have to completely agree with the great Pete.

Camilo´s handling is probably the best I´ve ever seen. The problem is that you couldn´t find it anywhere, never published, never released. But, sure, the best version in the world.

All the best magic,

Pablo Tejero Smile
"The Magic is in the air, you just have to... breathe it!"
Chris Jones
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of Chris Jones
Thanks for the help folks. I have checked out the Penguin one, but I don't like Snapple and I would really like it if the card was signed. It's a shame that the version by Camilo is not in print as that sounds good.

I did see a version in a magic competition by a guy with a funny accent who said he was from Newcastle. Is that in print? I hope you know who I mean... I can't remember him. Sorry. It was great!

Chris.
Trilogy_Rob
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Trilogy_Rob
Chris,
I think the chap you mean is Etienne Pradier, he's French, but does a gag about coming from Newcastle.

I too saw him do a fantastic signed card in a bottle at the International Magic convention in London, he did a very funny matrix with thumb tips too.
Is that the one ?
Rob
WesRay
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of WesRay
Hank Lee's Magic Factory offers a neat-looking one. Anyone own this one? Any thoughts?
johnnymystic
View Profile
Inner circle
North Adams Ma.
1576 Posts

Profile of johnnymystic
Gerald Kerchner's effect 'Sighned Card to Bottle' is the one Hanks is currently offering. It is a very good routine and well thought out.

Although I have a version that hopefully will be on the market soon. Go check out LET THERE BE MAGIC here at the Café to find out more about my version of this really cool trick.

Johnny
I drink cheap tequila and vomit
<BR>I cannot eat hot wings...acid reflux
<BR>I never inhale Smile
<BR>I can put a field dress on a deer
Chris Jones
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of Chris Jones
Yeah trilogy that was the one. I really liked it and I can honestly say I have no idea how it was done. Someone said he won THE FISM competition with that trick, is that right?

I checked the Hank Lee trick, but it isn't a signed card and the French guy did it with a signed card. I think the trick is so amazing that people will think hmmm maybe he has two cards if it isn't signed. Like they do with card in orange.

Thanks for the heads up guys anyway. Guess I'll have to wait till some of these unpublsihed routines are publsihed!

Chris
frankw
View Profile
Regular user
191 Posts

Profile of frankw
Bill Goldman has a version, with one of this specials, from Bill in one of his lecture notes too!
Frank
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4394 Posts

Profile of Paul
Chris said:
"I checked the Hank Lee trick but it isn't a signed card and the French guy did it with a signed card. I think the trick is so amazing that people will think hmmm maybe he has two cards if it isn't signed. Like they do with card in orange."

Mmmm not neccessarily. You can't show an orange empty first, with some card in bottle effects the bottle is seen empty first. The magical effect is making a card appear in the bottle, if you can make a card appear in the bottle why shouldn't it be the selected one?

Robert Harbin also had a card in bottle effect,it is detailed in the book "Harbincadabra."

Paul.
RichHead
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of RichHead
Martin Lewis has a good version on his DVD's.
Eric Falconer
View Profile
Veteran user
Houston
376 Posts

Profile of Eric Falconer
The signed card in bottle that Hank Lee is selling is good. It suffers from one little flaw in my mind though. I really like the idea but I've never been able to get it to work flawlessly. At a critical point in the routine you open the sealed bottle and pour out the contents with the card into a cup. This card has to come out cleanly or the effect is ruined. I have never been able to make the card come out cleanly. It always gets caught up in the neck of the bottle or it sinks to the bottom and comes out last (also not good). This pouring switch would be ingenius if I could get it to work properly.
Eric Falconer

Houston TX
Andrew Loh
View Profile
Inner circle
Malaysia
1455 Posts

Profile of Andrew Loh
Hi guys,

I would like to know about Gerald Kerchner's effect 'Signed Card to Bottle', is the gimmick DURABLE????

Thanks!

Best,
Andrew Loh

Check out my new card magic eBooks "The Magnificent Queens" & "Triple Charms" at:
www.cardicianden.com

My Cardician Den Blog:
http://pasteboards.blogspot.com/
Dino Bondesan
View Profile
New user
Brazil
19 Posts

Profile of Dino Bondesan
If you use your imagination you can build a way to make this effect almost impossible, JUST THINK in some classic things in magic. I made my own version inspired by a brazilian magician, that the spectator holds the bottle all the time! It fools.
"The magic is in you"
WesRay
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of WesRay
Quote:
On 2005-02-17 09:38, Eric Falconer wrote:
The signed card in bottle that Hank Lee is selling is good. It suffers from one little flaw in my mind though. I really like the idea but I've never been able to get it to work flawlessly. At a critical point in the routine you open the sealed bottle and pour out the contents with the card into a cup. This card has to come out cleanly or the effect is ruined. I have never been able to make the card come out cleanly. It always gets caught up in the neck of the bottle or it sinks to the bottom and comes out last (also not good). This pouring switch would be ingenius if I could get it to work properly.

In a way, though...that kind of helps to enhance the feeling of "How'd he get it in there?" A smooth pour would flow better, yes, but if there was a bit of a struggle getting the card back out, I would think it'd help prove how impossible the effect is.

Now...I've seen effects advertised on eBay called "Impossible Card in Bottle" where they use a sealed soda bottle(!) Any thoughts on this one? I've not seen a demo, but it sounds VERY interesting.
Eric Falconer
View Profile
Veteran user
Houston
376 Posts

Profile of Eric Falconer
Impossible Card in bottle is a sealed bottle. The bottle is seen full of soda and no card and then suddenly the card is really in there. The seal is still intact. It does just magically appear inside what appeared to be an empty bottle (no counting the soda).
The spectator can open the sealed bottle and pour the contents into a cup and the card is seen floating on top of the soda. The spectator can remove the card and verify the signature. All you touch is the cup.

The effect as written is very strong.
And as I stated previously it suffers from one minor difficulty... if the pour is not smooth and the card does not come out first then you will be left with egg on your face...
If the card jams in the neck of the bottle then you're stuck.... the method will be revealed... I've practiced this many times and for me it's about 50/50 that I get the smooth pour needed.
If I can only get 50/50 success with a prop in my hands I will never let the spec touch it... nor will I probably perform it... I just don't like those odds...
Eric Falconer

Houston TX
Chris Jones
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of Chris Jones
Hmm thanks but I think pouring out the card could be risky. I really want the card to just appear in the bottle signed so as soon as the audience look at the card they can instantly see that is the one and only slected card. If you have to wait to verify it it can be anti climactic because of over ahndling.

Tge one I seen at that competition seemed to meet those criteria.

Chris
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Card in Bottle (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL