The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Card in Bottle (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
jayp
View Profile
Veteran user
333 Posts

Profile of jayp
The etienne one is not impromtou and not ideal for street magic, I have it so please correct me if I'm wrong, and ill look over it again, I imagine it would be really good on stage but not really my style, does anyone know of any good signed card to bottles that would be good for street magic, is the larry jennings one anygood for that style?
papawemba
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

Profile of papawemba
Hello, also very intersted in "Signed Card in Sealed Bottle" by Etienne Pradier.
My style would be closeup with friend, to let the spec signed a card/bill, then go under the table or in a bag with the signed card/bill saying "I have something interesting here"...and bring the sealed bottle with card/bill inside leaving them magicaly puzzled....
Is it possible to do it like this ? Is it possible with a bill ? The card/bill can be loaded quickly ?
(More like an impossible object for souvenir Smile)

Thank you,
Nicolas
jayp
View Profile
Veteran user
333 Posts

Profile of jayp
I think that should be ok, ill look over the dvd again to make sure and if no-one else replies ill post if its possible.
papawemba
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

Profile of papawemba
Thanks for your help jayp Smile
I have my credit card ready in case of a yes !

Nicolas
Jonathan P.
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1484 Posts

Profile of Jonathan P.
I can't wait to see Nicolas do the trick to me and leave me with an "impossible souvenir". Give me a call when you are ready Smile
Jonathan.
papawemba
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

Profile of papawemba
So nobody know if this trick can be done close-up ? But the loading beeing done in a bag or under the table to suppress any angle issue/problem.
It is of course interesting if the loading is kind of fast Smile

Hope it is a yes so I can do it to Jonathan P. with his signed euro bill of course Smile

Nicolas
Jonathan P.
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1484 Posts

Profile of Jonathan P.
Eer... Does it work with a pencil? Smile
Mr_Nutkins
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Mr_Nutkins
Hi,
It can be done close-up, but you do need to do the load under a table or in a bag but it does take only a second to load.
The beauty of the effect is that the bottle can be given away with the signed card floating in it, and they will not find the gimmick.
I must say I like it a lot, the card routine that Etienne uses is also great.
Hope this helps
cheers,
Tel
papawemba
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

Profile of papawemba
Mr_Nutkins, you said exactly the word I wanted to hear Smile
Great trick leaving a great puzzling objetc in spectator hand, just love it !

Thanks a lot Mr_Nutkins !

Nicolas

ps: Jonathan P, prepare your bill ! Smile
tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1238 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
Does Camilo Vasquez have a website? A demo of his Card to Brandy Bottle? Any material available to the magic community?
Brian-
"That smart thing that somebody else said".
Jesse Feinberg
View Profile
Inner circle
www.jessesmagic.com
1074 Posts

Profile of Jesse Feinberg
Quote:
On 2005-04-20 07:10, Doomo wrote:
That is not exactly correct.... I am not sure putting things up for you guys to reverse engineer is a good idea.

agreed! Smile

I have heard a mixed review on this effect as well... logically, the signed card cant be inside a sealed bottle... hmm? so I am very interested in this effect! The reviews I have heard are on the good side!!! -Jesse
Roland78
View Profile
Special user
Torino, Italy
567 Posts

Profile of Roland78
I would like to see a video of the Camillo effect, I have never seen it and I won't ever see it live, I think... Is there something online?

Dave
magicalec
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of magicalec
You need only use larry jennings...you'll be surprised with how easy it is to fool..
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
I just happened to stumble on this discussion. For those who are looking for other methods to perform this trick. I have am E-book on my site on the subject of card in bottle. It's called, "Ron Jaxon's Card in Bottle Techniques." It's a collection of methods I use on a regular basis in my bar work. You can check it out at my site (link in my signature below).

It's a great effect. Never fails to get a good reaction.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I am looking for a one mand no stooge any beer or water bottle for a signed version. I read Larry Jennings version and it seems like it would work. Ammar has one in his book I beleave. I just don't know if I have the cojones to try it. I don't work behind a bar all the times.
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Quote:
On 2005-10-18 12:39, Jessiah wrote:
"...the signed card cant be inside a sealed bottle....

Yes it can. Just ask Lisa Menna.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Camillo, as far as I know does not have a site, and has NOT tipped or published his version. It is one of the strongest, most entertaining routines I have seen in years. And his DICE WORK... is to die for (pun intentded).
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1238 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
I suppose we're left to only dream.......maybe soemday he'll change his mind and share with us all. Thanks Pete!
Brian-
papawemba
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

Profile of papawemba
Quote:
On 2005-10-19 20:27, Pete Biro wrote:
Camillo, as far as I know does not have a site, and has NOT tipped or published his version. It is one of the strongest, most entertaining routines I have seen in years. And his DICE WORK... is to die for (pun intentded).

Does someone know in which way Camillo version is better than Pradier version ?
(I have it and not to happy with it....)
I like the idea in Pradier version that the bottle is sealed !

Nicolas
tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1238 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
Nicolas,
Why are you not happy with the Pradier version? I don't own it and am not familiar with it's workings, so if you could explain why without exposing methods please elaborate.
Brian-
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Card in Bottle (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL