The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » WANTED review for-Gary Kurtz Lecture video 1 & 2 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

GeorgeSantos
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1106 Posts

Profile of GeorgeSantos
Has anybody seen these videos by Gay Kurtz? I came across them from International Magic website. Here's a link, it's a t the bottom of the page.

http://www.internationalmagic.com/acatal......s_2.html

Any reviews on the 2 lecture videos?
"David Roth is the greatest coin manipulator in the entire world.."

-Dai Vernon "The Professor"

I AM A FILIPINO MAGICIAN
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Anything that gary kurtz did is great!...hes in my opinion the best close up magician on the planet...he kills
koz
ftlum
View Profile
Special user
Roseville, CA
730 Posts

Profile of ftlum
I just got mine. The first has basically the same material from his other videos (Let's get Flurious, Creating Magic), so if you have those tapes, the lecture DVD probably won't be of much use to you. The 2nd lecture video has different material, including a very nice spellbound routine. For a couple of the routines, you may need to make up some required gaffs yourself (he was selling them at the lecture).

-- Frank
GeorgeSantos
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1106 Posts

Profile of GeorgeSantos
Thanks! So Flurious and Creating magic are in his vol 1 lecture dvd? Is it dvd or vhs?

I AM A FILIPINO MAGICIAN
Dave Le Fevre
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1666 Posts

Profile of Dave Le Fevre
I have both videos. Haven't watched them for ages, so I can't remember the details.

PM me if there is any info that I can provide.

Dave
The Ozzy Osbourne of the 34x27
GeorgeSantos
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1106 Posts

Profile of GeorgeSantos
PM'd you Dave.

I AM A FILIPINO MAGICIAN
Stefan S.
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of Stefan S.
They are both great and I would prefer them over the A1 Tapes simply because it is a live performance and Gary is having fun! But on the first tape all the material is from the 2 A1 tapes they even contain some more material (well there are two)

The second video is all new material which is still pretty good but not as great as the first tape!

But whenever you read Gary Kurtz just buy it you can't go wrong!

Greetings from Germany

Stefan
GeorgeSantos
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1106 Posts

Profile of GeorgeSantos
Oops! Just noticed by now, it's Gary Kurtz not Gay Kurtz as stated above.

Thanks for the replies.

I AM A FILIPINO MAGICIAN
Benny Lau
View Profile
New user
Sydney, Australia
10 Posts

Profile of Benny Lau
May I please confirm with one of you who have watched the 'Creating Magic' video whether the routine 'Gary in Your Pockets' is the same as 'Interchange' from Kurtz' Unexplainable Acts book?
Loz
View Profile
Special user
London
777 Posts

Profile of Loz
I've got both of the lecture videos. OK, first off, they are slightly low quality (from a video, i.e. sound/picture/direction point of view) especially the first one. HOWEVER, the first one contains a great deal of interesting material.

Essentially Gary tips a lot of things which, strictly speaking, he shouldn't have as they weren't his to tip. So the first one is rich in very useful materail but not well shot/edited etc. (imho definitely worth it). The second one I'm not so sure of. Possibly the most impressive effect on it he didn't have time to explain. Better quality as a 'video' but not as strong magically. But I should watch it again to make sure.

Get 1 definitely, (and don't expect polish), and get 2 if you're feeling wealthy.

regards,

Lawrence (a man with a complex about astrology believers)
Wells34
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of Wells34
Enigmazig,
I don't have the Creative Magic video or the book, but Gary in your pockets is an interchange routine.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » WANTED review for-Gary Kurtz Lecture video 1 & 2 (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL