The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » What's Up? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

johnnymystic
View Profile
Inner circle
North Adams Ma.
1576 Posts

Profile of johnnymystic
Why can't there be just one topic on this thread that stay's and is discussed to no end? Everyday the topic is changed...constantly...is this the very age of total A.A.D.D. (adult attention deficet dissorder,if that is the right term)...

Not one post stay's on subject long enough to be effectivly discussed or debated, it's just blah, blah, blah, and on to the next newest trick.

johnny
I drink cheap tequila and vomit
<BR>I cannot eat hot wings...acid reflux
<BR>I never inhale Smile
<BR>I can put a field dress on a deer
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4283 Posts

Profile of Daegs
Welcome to the Café!
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3332 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
Click "Start" and then "Shut Down" Smile
GeorgeSantos
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1106 Posts

Profile of GeorgeSantos
To answer your question, once a problem is discussed, solved and highly thought of, there is no more way for us to discuss it. It's just making a simple glitch become a big problem. We here in the Café try to help. Once help is given and the problem ended, we don't want to make it any worse.

I hope you get what I mean.

Good Day! Smile
"David Roth is the greatest coin manipulator in the entire world.."

-Dai Vernon "The Professor"

I AM A FILIPINO MAGICIAN
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
Simple answer.
As long as someone is interested in a topic and adds to it, it will stay put whether the topic is good, bad or indifferent does not matter. It really is just that simple.
Why should a topic stay if nobody has an interest in it? The Café' does a pretty good job of self monitoring and in those rare cases when needed the Café' staff steps in to do a little house cleaning. I know because I have been corrected by staff when I get out of line and I have no problem with that.
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
What's a topic?
Dennis Michael
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
Quote:
On 2005-02-17 09:15, DenDowhy wrote:
What's a topic?

I can't spell either, I think it is spelled Topit Smile .
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
CamelotFX
View Profile
Special user
Minnesota
596 Posts

Profile of CamelotFX
Well, some topics begin as a question, such as yours. The next poster gives his answer. The next poster is required by law to give a different answer. The second poster is then required to dispute it. A fight ensues, at which point Jonathan Townsend, who gets paid highly for this, steps in to mediate. Then Reis O'Brien cracks everyone up. Robert Gee is required to top Reis, and Mattisdx is contractually bound to stooge Robert. The topic then takes off in five directions. The topic ends for you whenever you wish to start ignoring the red coffee cup, but if you had the misfortune to post even once, y'better not because they might be talking about you!

At least, that's how I read the law (I use a strobe light.)
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
It's not a debating society, especially in this area of the Café. You took up magic but you are afraid of Chaos?

Yours,

Paul
johnnymystic
View Profile
Inner circle
North Adams Ma.
1576 Posts

Profile of johnnymystic
Magic is not chaos.

johnny
<BR>I never inhale Smile
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11161 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Allow me, Paul...

Of course magic is not chaos, but to be a magician often means learning to endure a certain amount of it, an idiosyncrasy of this lifestyle not often experienced by non-magician types.

As to your original post... topic drift is an idiosyncrasy of online forums. It seems to be embraced by some very happy and creative types who usually know when enough is enough. Besides, this forum topic is like the breakroom where Café members seem to want to come to get away for a moment and just hang out and have fun. The dead horse beaters' meeting is a few doors down the hall.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Hi Johnny,

Actually if a topic is of continued interest to people they will keep adding to it and it stays at the top of the forum list and is highlighted by a red cup. Sometimes people have done a search and will bring up a topic that has been discussed a couple years ago and new people will again add to it.

I like CamelotFX's take on it - it pretty much summed it up. Only thing is, he neglected to mention me as some have said I'm like the Henry Kissinger of the Café. (Hides boxing gloves behind back and smiles sweetly.)

Chrystal
TGENTLE
View Profile
New user
Birmingham, AL
86 Posts

Profile of TGENTLE
So how about those Patriots?
(just kiiiidding) Smile
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20522 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Chrystal is wearing those hi heel sneakers again. (If you thought MTV was here first, you won't understand it.)

Bob
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
johnnymystic
View Profile
Inner circle
North Adams Ma.
1576 Posts

Profile of johnnymystic
Wonderful and very insight responses everbody, thank you so much! I must be honest the question I posed was for my buddy...I had ta prove a point.

Micharl...come ta think of it your right, there is chaos in magic in regards to performing situations, my bad! Smile

johnny
<BR>I never inhale Smile
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
>>Shakes finger at Bob and gives him the evil eye , keeps the other one for self.

:O)

Hey look at that, I've brought the topic back to life again!!

Chrystal
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » What's Up? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL