The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Catch this if you can! » » Balancing (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

graemesd
View Profile
Veteran user
369 Posts

Profile of graemesd
I want ot put a comedy/serious balance into my show
at the moment I use axtells sealion that balances aball I then go on to explain that he has been teaching me and I balance a chair - it always gets a wow but its not funny enough.
I was think a bout a tray of drinks that wont spill etc

any thoughts
philblackmore
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of philblackmore
1. Basket of eggs on a long pole? Plastic eggs on strings
2. Bucket of water on a pole? Pour the water into the bucket ( really into the pole made of tubing), then change the water into Confetti when it falls.
3. Spin a ball on a pole, balance it on your chin. Take the pole away and the ball lands on your head, knocking you to the floor.

Also see "Eccentricks" dvd by Charlie Frye for more balancing ideas.

Phil
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
I balance a top hat on my nose after holding it for a few seconds I push my head forward and make the hat lands on my head, or if you want to try something dangerous try I saw a clown Michael ******* put a 40 lb. child on a folding chair then balance the chair and the small child on his chin. I remember a German juggler Rudi Horn who would flip a durby hat with a cigar balanced on the brim from his foot with the cigar landing in his mouth and the hat landed on his head simultaneously. Or Avner the eccentric who balances a 10' A framed ladder on his chin. Or WC Fields who would balance a stick on his toe then filp it from one foot to the other while juggling three balls with his hands.
Good Luck
Al Angello
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
graemesd
View Profile
Veteran user
369 Posts

Profile of graemesd
Cheers guys

I like the egg idea

practical and good for kids shows
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3404 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
You could use the old ping pong ball balance where you catch it on your nose, and the aud think you're balancing it. Only to reveal that it's actually glued on by rubber cement. Before you go into the balance have the ball land on your face, not on the cement, and make that it's gone wrong. Maybe turn to the aud and say "I think we'll do that a bit later" or something like that. Go and do something else and come back to it later on in the show. After the comedy bit you could then go into your serious balance of the chair. Maybe learn how to go down to lying on your back and rolling over with it still balanced.

Just a thought.

Ros
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Some guys will balance a cain on their chin then toss their hat to the top of the cain, but I must admit the ping pong ball is the clasic juggling/magic trick.
Good one Roslyn.
Al Angello
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Daniel Santos
View Profile
Special user
562 Posts

Profile of Daniel Santos
LOL Mr. Walker, that's classic! I was actually thinking of something similar, where you glue some things, one on another, to the top of your hat and pretend to balance them. Then, take your hat off and bow. Smile Good luck!

Daniel
If it is to be, it is up to me.
Stephen Williams
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of Stephen Williams
I love the ping pong ball on nose gag!
Ste
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2747 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
One thing I do when I balance stuff, is do impressions. You can make it realistic or very absurd. Use of corny lines work well in this situation.

If you play guitar balance it on the chin and play it if you can.

An old gag is to place an object on the nose and let it slide onto one of your eys (obviously you close that eye before you poke it). You set it up by saying "this is the ____________ balance on the nose trick" it goes into eye "but first the ____________in the eye trick"

Do a Seal impression (overused though).
esther_scheffer
View Profile
Veteran user
the netherlands
316 Posts

Profile of esther_scheffer
Friend of mine plays (a bit of) didgeridoo while balancing it on is chin.
uite impressive to me!
redheadjuggler
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of redheadjuggler
Herring bone balance with cigar boxes with a glass of wine on top. Mark Nizer does it beautifully.
Dan
Grasshop34
View Profile
Veteran user
Cincinnati, OH
308 Posts

Profile of Grasshop34
What kind of pole do you need to balance on your chin? Where can I buy one? Thanks!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Catch this if you can! » » Balancing (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL