The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Not to old to learn? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Stu MCcrone
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Stu MCcrone
Hi,my name`s Stu and ive recently been introduced to magic. Iam 30 years old and thought I may be alittle old to start. Iam very keen on visual close ups and have been astonished at peoples expressions. Is there any one out there in a similar position to myself or anyone got advice for me to continue on my new found quest.
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Hi Stu,
I started seriously studying magic in my 30's.
That was several years ago. It's a great hobby for me.
The topic "New To Magic" has some good resources at the top of the page.

If you enjoy it then by all means go on the quest.
beyrevra
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of beyrevra
It is late but not too late! (lol) Don’t waste time to ask you similar questions and sinks, it remains to you still seventy years to learn. Because, in magic, everybody is apprentice until the last day.
zippy
View Profile
New user
PA
54 Posts

Profile of zippy
Welcome Stu,
I am similar as when I was younger I was into magic big time but then when you get out into the work force and daily life you get away from it. I wish I hadn't but got back into it in my early thirties.
Zippy
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Hi Stu,

Welcome to the Café. No matter what your age when your start magic you'll find you'll still be learning it for the rest of your life. Once bitten by the magic bug it usually stays with your forever although, it may go dormant at times. You'll find many people here have the same story as you and are much older. Please don't hesitate to post or ask a question as it's a friendly place.
tony4938
View Profile
New user
Stafford, UK
94 Posts

Profile of tony4938
Hi Stu!!!

Fancy a pint?
Jeff_Mash
View Profile
Veteran user
Bay Area, California
328 Posts

Profile of Jeff_Mash
Hey Stu...welcome to the Café. You know, you're never too old to start learning, practicing, and performing magic. To me, magic is something that has no age boundries, and it entertains both the young and old, performer and spectator alike.
Your friend in magic,

Jeff Mash, CEO
MJM Magic - "Magic for Magicians, Jokesters, and Mentalists!"
http://www.MJMMagic.com
Stu MCcrone
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Stu MCcrone
Hi Jaz,thanks for the post and like you say once the quest has begun who knows where it will lead.
Nyama Possessor
View Profile
Veteran user
Under the Shade Tree
322 Posts

Profile of Nyama Possessor
What up Stu,

Welcome & enjoy your stay!

The Krossbearer
The Honorable NYAMA POSSESSOR

Co-Founder & Co-Creator of MAGICAL REALISM, Owner of ANCESTRAL REALM PRODUCTIONS

* 17 Year Member of the Shadow Network * ICBM Alumnus *

Creator/Author of SUMMONING RUMI and numerous other underground proprietary releases...
Books, routines and tools coming soon, available only and exclusively at www.AlchemyMoon.com
Richard F. Hale
View Profile
New user
Bowling Green, Ky
1 Post

Profile of Richard F. Hale
Hey Stu, I worked a little with some simple illusions when I was in my twenties and have done so at times ever since. Now (forty years later) I have renewed my interest and have learned more in the last year than in all of the others combined. Stick with it and enjoy! Richard
I perform under the name Howdy D. Dewitt and am interested in gospel magic.
ziatro
View Profile
Veteran user
Havant, England
322 Posts

Profile of ziatro
Hi Stu,
I started in magic at 32 and have never looked back, it's great fun.
Best of luck.
Nick B
View Profile
New user
London, England
59 Posts

Profile of Nick B
Hi Stu

I started magic when I was 41 - a year ago! And I love it!

Nick
Nick
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2178 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
Welcome stu
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Hope you have fun here, let us know if you need ANY help!
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Whitewolfny
View Profile
Loyal user
216 Posts

Profile of Whitewolfny
Hi Stu,
Like so many others, I started magic early in life but went away for decades. Now at 53 I'm about to do my first public performance with the cups and balls. So, no, there is no age limit as to when you can start to learn. Think about what you'd like to do in magic, close up, cards, stage, parlor, and how do these areas fit in with your personallity. I couldn't do a serious routine in magic if my life depended on it. Which is good because when I make a mistake I can use light hearted humor to cover it up and make them think it was part of the routine.

Welcome to the Café, a great place to begin your journey.
Braxton Mannar
<BR>Just an old dog trying to learn new tricks Smile
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
There is no such thing as too old to start or start back! In fact , being older sometimes helps, you can actually afford it. LOL! It is the most facinating hobby anyone can have.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
steves7
View Profile
Regular user
Blue Springs, Missouri
114 Posts

Profile of steves7
Welcome to the Café. I wish this site and the internet were available when I first started magic back in high school and college. The only way back then to review magic tricks was to purchase it and see if it lived up to the description in the catalog. It would have saved me a lot of money that I spent on the worthless tricks.

Now, before I purchase a trick, I simply pose the question to the Café members or at least read all the threads on the subject.

Welcome and enjoy the Café.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Not to old to learn? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL