The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Revolution revolution (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Stu MCcrone
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Stu MCcrone
Howdy All new to this kind of thing, but only recently found out about the revolution vanish, does any one know of the best book or dvd on vanishing. This trick has got me excited
Corey Harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City, MO
1230 Posts

Profile of Corey Harris
Well it depends on what you want to vanish. Personally I would start with coins. But that's just me, I'm a card and coin guy. If you want to do coins, I would bet Bobo's modern coin magic book, it teaches the slieghts and vanishes. It is the bible of coin magic.
Stu MCcrone
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Stu MCcrone
Cheers Tanker, how long have you been using coins.Bar Bobo`s Magic book have you any other favourites. As ive already said this vanish has got me thinkin.
Corey Harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City, MO
1230 Posts

Profile of Corey Harris
I have been doing coin magic for 6 months along with cards. when I broke myself away from all the self working gimmicks from when I was younger. I love slieghts. You might look into getting jeff McBrides manipulation videos. I have seen the revolutionary vanish you are talking about. You might try to go to http://www.coinvanish.com as well, I believe they just released a new dvd. If you have a magic shop close by, I would go to them as well. that's where I get a lot of my help with my vanishes and slieghts or a magic club also.
jolyonjenkins
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
1181 Posts

Profile of jolyonjenkins
If you want to vanish small objects like silks, then there is a widely-used gimmick which is normally abbreviated to a TT. It's the first thing many people buy. You could use it to vanish small coins, or bank notes.
Jolyon Jenkins
DAVEC
View Profile
New user
ENGLAND,MANCHESTER
60 Posts

Profile of DAVEC
Also as well as a T.T for vanishing , you could use my favourite a p*ll for cigs and also money.
:clownjuggling::clownonball:
Phil Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Newark, Ohio
1117 Posts

Profile of Phil Thomas
The revolution is a beautiful vanish. I learned it over Christmas and it floors everyone everytime. There is just no possible reason for a coin to dissolve into thin air like that, but it does! When the situation is right, and I need a quick vanish or switch, the Revolution gets my vote. I was actually accused of having Satanic powers when I showed Revolution to an older lady in my hometown. Smile That's when you know you have a miracle on your hands.
"If we lose the sense of the mysterious, life is no more than a snuffed out candle."

Albert Einstein
dblatt25
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of dblatt25
The revolution is a pretty amazing trick, however, this is something that you could probably find in a book somewhere. I was hesitant to buy it. I did. I'm not dissapointed, but defintely look into buying a book, because there is so much more out there than just the revolution vanish
Dr Magic
View Profile
Regular user
Sparks, NV
154 Posts

Profile of Dr Magic
I don't like to do magic that takes place directly in front of my crotch.

You'll find also that coin magic gets a weak reaction compared to more visual magic. It's difficult for the audience to see a coin compared to other props. It's also difficult for many people to follow most coin tricks that use more than one coin. But that's another topic.

Dr Magic

PS.. It's in the other hand. (that's what sucks about coin magic)
:carrot: Smile
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Not so sure I agree, Doc. If the routine is constructed well, the "other hand" ploy is going to fail as nothing will be in the hand at all. Leipzig's Coin On Knee (Dai Vernon Book of Magic) comes to mind, immediately, as does virtually anything by Slydini, even if there is a drawback of having to be seated at a table (not true for his "automatic sl***ing," of course). A lot of Rocco Silano's book on the use of one's outerwear also removes the concern of the off-hand grabbers.

There are a number of other methods, like Coin-Go, Bat, Raven and Nathan Kranzo's Universal p*** that work around the "other hand" concern as well. Not as open, I admit, but they "git 'er done" as Larry the Cable Guy says.

Just some options that may not have been considered by the originator of the thread. No flames or insults intended, your mileage may vary, batteries not included, close cover before striking, store in a cool, dry place and never give a sucker an even break.

;) Smile Smile

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
Static
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of Static
I have a cool, really really easy ending to stick on the revolution, for all the people that say "well, can you bring it back?" PM for details.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Revolution revolution (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL