The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Blow the rubber hot water bottle. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
indonesia
1939 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
Anyone,

I really like to do the Blowing Hot Bottle (rubber) effect. Like Todd Robbins does.

Ps anyone know where I can get the trick or any dealer that sell it??
Thanks.
Creator of the "High Voltage Gimmick" and Shaman's spirit table
https://youtu.be/Rlgl4CzUa98

IG: @affordable_illusions_magic
TAIT
View Profile
Regular user
uk
142 Posts

Profile of TAIT
Hi I was told that Todd Robbins does not like to teach this. It has to do with the ribbeds on the hot water bottle There are 3 types of hot water bottle ribbed both sides ribbed one side non ribbed you can get all of these Here!
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5112 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
It's not a trick.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
PROFED
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago,Illinois
229 Posts

Profile of PROFED
Ssucahyo: I don't know if this effect was origniated by Todd Robbins, but it is one that he is known for. He is a member her and you could send him a PM. Ed Gilmore
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2908 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
It is an old strong man stunt and is still used by some body builders and as part of the Power Team gospel show. I don't teach is do to the fact that it could induce a stroke or other serious or fatal injuries. If someone wants to do it, they better have a VERY good reason to be doing it. As I have gotten older, I have been getting away from doing it in my shows.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20514 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
For years I had a friend at Branson that did the stunt. I hope he finally out grew it. It is not something to encourage children to try. Frankly, it added nothing to his show.

It's not for me.

Bob
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2908 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
As someone that played Branson, and has the scars to prove it, I can't imagine this stunt playing well there. Where did he do it there?
View Profile
Special user
886 Posts

Profile of 1908
Can you describe how the presentation look?
Don't wait for the perfect moment...Take a moment and make it perfect!!!
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5354 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
As mentioned above, it is a strong man/woman stunt. It is not an effect, it is a stunt and it takes lungs!

What happens is that the performer takes a rubber hot water bottle and blows it up like a balloon until it explodes (bursts). Yep, that’s it. Blow it up and it breaks. It is considerably more difficult than blowing up a 260 (twist/animal balloon) and you probably know how hard that is.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
This is one I have never tried. Perhaps one day, when I feel I can spare a lung Smile
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
Cadabra
View Profile
New user
NYC
58 Posts

Profile of Cadabra
I remember at the 1st Sideshow Gathering Strongman Mighty Jack Hartley was there. He would rip entire phone books in half and break a chain that was locked around his chest by just using his lung power. Then, later on, Todd Robbins gets on stage and does (among other amazing feats) the water bottle. I was standing next to Jack and he said, "No way in Hell would I do that. It's way too dangerous. If it's done incorrectly you're lungs could explode."
So, I would say that if you just want to appear to have super human strength, rip a phone book in half. But if you truly want to risk your life and possibly die attempting a stunt, then blow up a hot water bottle (That's sarcasm. Don't try the hot water bottle stunt).
"It has always amazed and baffled me that audiences will wait patiently in line and pay good money to have the wits scared out of them." - William Castle

www.albertcadabra.com
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5112 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
You can also completely wreck havoc with your sinuses. They're not built for that kind of pressure. Howie Mande messed his up, just doing the rubber glove thing, which isn't even close.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
Just a secondary note, balloons (or a hot water bottle) can gige you one H**l of a slap in the eye(s) when they burst.
Slim
sanscan@tds.net

"I will never bitter be, as long as I can laugh at me!"

"The people who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
Cholly, by golly!
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of Cholly, by golly!
People actually blow up 260s with their mouths?!!!! I don't believe it.
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
Well, I once blew up(by mouth) more than 2600 at a radio event in NY to set a record.I made them into real balloon animals, not the dreck of today. Near the end of the 24 hour gig I had to repeatedly dunk my hands in ice water, but my lungs were fine. I never have been able to really blow up a hot water bottle.
Slim
sanscan@tds.net

"The people who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
Eric Starkey
View Profile
Regular user
Pittsburgh, PA
180 Posts

Profile of Eric Starkey
Slim,
Check out: http://www.johncassidy.com

John is out of Philadelphia and holds several Guinness records for balloon twisting. Also, I caught his show at Monday Night Magic a year or two ago (thanks again Todd) - it's amazing what a fine line there really is between genius and complete insanity. John Cassidy is one of the best!

Humbly,
Eric
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2908 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
John work Monday Night Magic last night. He is the poster child for Prozac. He did those 529 by blowing them up without a pump. It's amazing what some people will do it keep from getting a real job.
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
Well it always kept me from getting a real job... BTW The gig I spoke of was for radio station WGR in Buffalo, but Guiness would not acknowledge it "because there was no precedent." Go figure...
Slim
sanscan@tds.net

Cadabra
View Profile
New user
NYC
58 Posts

Profile of Cadabra
Quote:
On 2005-03-08 16:39, Todd Robbins wrote:
John work Monday Night Magic last night. He is the poster child for Prozac. He did those 529 by blowing them up without a pump. It's amazing what some people will do it keep from getting a real job.

No Pump!!! That reminds me...
At the end of every summer in my home town the Dutchess County Fairgrounds would once again be filled with Reithoffer rides and games. One summer when I was a kid of about 10 or 11 and was not old enough to actually WORK for them the week they came to town, I would run around and ask (or annoy if you were to ask them) different people at the rides and especially the games if I could do anything. Like get them coffee etc to be able to play the game or ride the rides for free. Well that week aside from running around on a wild goose chase for an hour looking for yellow light bulb grease and the key to the midway, one game finally hired me. The dart/balloon game. He said he needed extra balloons and my job was very important. I was to blow all of them up by using good old-fashioned lungpower!!! Because his pump broke!?!?... Well at the end of my 3 hour shift my throat, ears and jaw hurt for like two days. That's about when I decided it would be a lot wiser to be WITH the show. Instead of thinking I could outsmart them for a free ride or game.

What was the point of this? Oh yeah, John using no pump is crazy and I'm also annoyed that I forgot that he was going to be there this past Monday. And the second point is don’t try to outsmart a showman. It’s late, I’m tired thanks for listening.
"It has always amazed and baffled me that audiences will wait patiently in line and pay good money to have the wits scared out of them." - William Castle

www.albertcadabra.com
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
indonesia
1939 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
Is the powder in balloons not dangereous for the lung??? Especially if we often blow toooo many balloosn for a day??
Creator of the "High Voltage Gimmick" and Shaman's spirit table
https://youtu.be/Rlgl4CzUa98

IG: @affordable_illusions_magic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Blow the rubber hot water bottle. (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL