The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » New Daniel Garcia DVDs (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
The material in Daniel's Project is difficult. I'd say if you are a beginner, this dvds set is not for you. Danny expects you to know quite a number of cards moves, cuts, force, vanish productions for coins principles here. That said, his effects are all killer and the dvds are beautifully produced.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Doctor D
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of Doctor D
Quote:
On 2005-08-15 10:29, evolve629 wrote:
The material in Daniel's Project is difficult.

I'd Have to disagree on that. While I have only seen volume 1 so far, I don't believe the material is very difficult. Sure, it's not beginners material, but what is these days?

On vol 1, only the most basic card moves are not explained. The rest, even when not too difficult (Rubber Made comes to mind), is completely covered.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4146 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I just watched volume 1. Fantastic material and presentation. I would agree that the material is not what I would consider difficult by any stretch. (For reference, "difficult" brings to mind Impossible Card Magic by Ray Kosby). Only Ego and possibly one phase of the rubber band routine should cause most people any problems.

I love the dvd. I've always hated and I do me hated all backs routines. I've finally found one that makes sense and has an actual quality ending.
VcosNJ
View Profile
Inner circle
1180 Posts

Profile of VcosNJ
Yes, these dvd's are really good! I like everything about it. The style, the magic, and how Daniel performs for spectators, makes me want to go out and do some magic! I love performing Joe Blow. It's one of those impromptu miracles you can do anywhere, anytime and all you need is a piece of paper. It boggles their mind when done properly. Rubbermade, nacho mama's triumph, quarters, and satisfaction guaranteed are also real stunners. In fact, a lot of these tricks are real foolers. Thanks for sharing Danny.
gngorick
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of gngorick
Do you mind telling me how much of the effects are impromptu (no double backers, shelled coins etc)?
Dirko
View Profile
Loyal user
Michigan
294 Posts

Profile of Dirko
If you got a copy with a defect can you tarde it in? I just bought a copy from a Café member but Will Daniel trade it for a good copy? Does anyone know?
phase27
View Profile
Loyal user
Tx
228 Posts

Profile of phase27
Hey Gnorick, the effects that are totally impromptu are the first phase of rubbermade, Ego Change, and Ego Force from volume 1. From Volume 2 are Only Four, Motion, and White or Wheat. Volume 3 contains C.A.A.N and Joe Blow which are impromptu. I wouldnt let the fact that all of these aren't totally impromtu because some just take a little bit of set up and are totally worth it. I love these DVDs.
"Life is only as good as the memories we make..." -K.Roe
Jeremy L.
View Profile
Special user
800 Posts

Profile of Jeremy L.
What other than a deck of cards, coins, rubberbands, paper ect. do I need?
I know someone said a s_e_l. Do I need a TT soft or hard or dose it matter? Anything else?
Jeremy L.
Do you buy ethically?
Magic Fakes
Jaymz023
View Profile
Veteran user
Midwest
356 Posts

Profile of Jaymz023
Ok, for those who own Volume 1-- where can I get the "stuff" needed for the 2nd phase of Rubbermade?? Im not experienced with much other than cards....
Creator of "Re-Attached" an easy piece by piece Torn and Restored card routine.

http://www.lybrary.com/reattached-p-250.html
dgrand
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of dgrand
These dvds have generated a lot of buzz on this forum. Now that they are out, perhaps someone could give a detailed review of each dvd. Anybody?.....Buehler?.....Anybody?....
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4146 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Jaymz, any magic shop should have it. Check with Hocus or Hank Lee.
Jeremy L.
View Profile
Special user
800 Posts

Profile of Jeremy L.
Quote:
On 2005-08-17 09:49, dgrand wrote:
These dvds have generated a lot of buzz on this forum. Now that they are out, perhaps someone could give a detailed review of each dvd. Anybody?.....Buehler?.....Anybody?....

Review for vol. 1
Jeremy L.
Do you buy ethically?
Magic Fakes
Ilan
View Profile
Regular user
South Africa
194 Posts

Profile of Ilan
These sound so great
If you can't laugh at yourself, you are obviously not getting the joke
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4146 Posts

Profile of emyers99
On volume 1, there are some clips of tricks that are not on the dvd. One involves what looks like a lit match where Daniel eventually pulls down his lower lip and the card is burnt into his lip. is that effect on either volume 2 or 3?

Eric
S.Segal
View Profile
Special user
San Diego
949 Posts

Profile of S.Segal
Emyers... I don't believe so. The method is the most obvious. Yes, Danny has his inner lip tatooed.

S.Segal
Gaft Card Magic Available here!
JC Wagner In Full Metal Jacket here!
simply Sydney DVD here!
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4146 Posts

Profile of emyers99
That's what I thought but the clip wasn't really that clear so I couldn't completely tell what was going on. If anyone needs me, I'll be at the tatoo parlor.
phase27
View Profile
Loyal user
Tx
228 Posts

Profile of phase27
Hey I know by now a lot of people have probaly gotten these DVDs and time to practice some of the routines so I was just wondering whats everyones fav. effects from these DVDs? I love C.A.A.N from volume 3 and have gotten some really good reactions. Also Rubbermade and the Ego Change from volume 1 have gotten some awesome reactions. Anyone else have any favorites from these Dvds?
"Life is only as good as the memories we make..." -K.Roe
milamber
View Profile
Regular user
So. Cal
129 Posts

Profile of milamber
Here are some of my favorites...

Volume 1:
Twisted (ungimmicked bill switch)
Rubber Made (rubberband routine)

Volume 2:
Only Four (shadow coin routine)
White or Wheat (card effect)

Volume 3:
Nacho Mama's Triumph (a triumph routine with a killer ending)
Quarters (quarter through glass routine)

I will have to say that overall 'volume 1' is my favorite DVD of the series, mainly because of "Twisted" and "Rubber Maid" (with my least favorite DVD being volume 2).

My favorite effect of all three volumes... well, for me it's a tie between "Rubber Maid" and "Nacho Mama's Triumph".

Steve
asper
View Profile
Veteran user
364 Posts

Profile of asper
Has a working vol.2 been sent to the dealers yet? (I'm waiting for a working vol.2 before ordering the entire set). Anyone know?
magico
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
818 Posts

Profile of magico
As far as I know they have not.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » New Daniel Garcia DVDs (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL