We Remember The Magic Caf We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » "The Jacket" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
MattTheKnife
View Profile
Veteran user
356 Posts

Profile of MattTheKnife
So this should be fun for all of us EA's. Whenever things like this are in (culturally speaking I mean) I always find it to be a good time to garner a bit of publicity off of the trend.

For those of you unfamiliar with the soon to be released film (March 4th) then check out the following partial description and website.

-Matt (TK)

"A military veteran returns to his native Vermont suffering from bouts of amnesia. When he is accused of murder and lands in an asylum, a well-meaning doctor puts him on a heavy course of experimental drugs, restrains him in a jacket-like device, and locks him away in a body drawer of the basement morgue...."

http://wip.warnerbros.com/thejacket/
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Gee is this coming to the Theatres or DVD ?
MattTheKnife
View Profile
Veteran user
356 Posts

Profile of MattTheKnife
Oh no, it's coming to theaters. It has 2 HUGE actors in it, Adrien Brody (who won Best Actor Oscar® in 2002) and the lovely Keira Knightley (best known for her performance in "Pirates of the Caribbean").

It's being distributed by Warner Independent Pictures which while a subsidiary of Warner Brothers does not tend to release films as widely as, lets say, a customary blockbuster.

-Matt (TK)
pastorclyde
View Profile
Special user
576 Posts

Profile of pastorclyde
Okay, so I'm seeing a custom made jacket- complete with neck support as seen in the trailer. Volunteers secure you into the impossible jacket, assist you onto the tray and slide you in. Within a respectable time, you emerge... Not bad if the movie turns out to be a hit!

Clyde
MattTheKnife
View Profile
Veteran user
356 Posts

Profile of MattTheKnife
Clyde,
My thinking dead on as well.

-Matt (TK)

PS- Pun fulled intended with the "dead" comment ;-)
Mick Hanzlik
View Profile
Special user
Mick Hanzlik
588 Posts

Profile of Mick Hanzlik
That looks like a scary movie! Should be a warning that it might upset claustrophobics!

If you've not done it yet, go to the website and look at the trailer. It's good!
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
That flick also sounds like years of therapy waiting to happen for anyone with claustrophobia! Nice spin on the Premature Burial theme.

My question is where would one get the jacket made?

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
I guess you could get in touch with Humane Restraint. It looks to me like the jacket is a modified sj with an extra long crotch strap that loops over straps that have gone around the anckles and another set that has been put on the upper legs. The arms seem to be fastened by two straps, one one the tops of the arms near the shoulders and one a little further down. I can't quite see how the wrists are restrained, but they could have cuffs attached or be restrained with some kind of medical locking restraint. Thinking about it, any seamstress could probably add the extra long crotch strap, or even contact the Cannons if you want to use a posey. An idea would be to have a normal posey (complete with loops) have the crotch strap extended and add all the other straps to it. I've just had a thought that you may want to try http://www.drmadmax.com (watch out as this has some material that many would class as adult) because as you will see his psyco sj isn't that far off the mark really.
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Movie will be coming out March 4th 2005 and Might be on DVD 4-5 months from that Date.
MattTheKnife
View Profile
Veteran user
356 Posts

Profile of MattTheKnife
Nah, my guess is that Humane Restraint wouldn’t go for it as they tend to be notoriously non-compliant when it comes to such things (unfortunate to considering we EA’s no doubt understand their designs far better than they do). However, I agree with you Ros in that it would be fairly easy to have any one of a slew of others build it.

-Matt (TK)
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Humane Does Say they do Custom Work.
Daniel Santos
View Profile
Special user
562 Posts

Profile of Daniel Santos
The movie looks awesome! Can't wait until the fourth. Is that the same guy that played in The Pianist? lol Sprry I kind of switched topics.

Daniel
If it is to be, it is up to me.
MattTheKnife
View Profile
Veteran user
356 Posts

Profile of MattTheKnife
Donster,
Oh really?! I seem to stand delightfully corrected! I had heard them to be a bit stand-off-ish. But upon closer inspection I see that their website says:
"Humane Restraint will gladly make restraints to your specifications. Send us a sample drawing with your specifications; we'll make a prototype and send you a sample. Upon your approval, we will make as many as you request. Custom items are not refundable."

Daniel,
Yup- that's the guy.

-Matt (TK)
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
I only suggested them as I have had a few things custom made. Now Posey on the other hand...... lets just say they're a different kettle of fish altogether.

Ros
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
MattTheKnife
View Profile
Veteran user
356 Posts

Profile of MattTheKnife
Ahhh, you know what... I was getting my manufacturers confused. I was thinking Posey while I was saying Humane.

So Ros, if you don't mind the inquiry, what did Humane charge you for the custom jobs?

-Matt (TK)
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
I can't remember off hand, but I know it wasn't much more than for the original prop. The transport belt I had made was about $20 more than the price of the un altered belt. I haven't had an sj made as yet, but I'm sure it wouldn't cost too much.

If you are looking for Posey sj's I've had one altered by the Cannons, again for a very reasonable price.

The best thing would be to get a quote from them for the job you want done. Although I seem to remember that Humane do have limits to what they can do. I asked them to put front and side loops onto an sj and they could only do the front loop. Hence I went for the Posey.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Ros why wouldnt Humane put the side Loops on for you ? for some strange reason they wont sell any of their Locks as on the straps etc. except to certain People.
MattTheKnife
View Profile
Veteran user
356 Posts

Profile of MattTheKnife
Donster,

What's the definition of "certain people"? In other words, do you know what it takes to qualify?

Matt (TK)
pastorclyde
View Profile
Special user
576 Posts

Profile of pastorclyde
If anyone is interested in Humane Products I am a dealer with them. Not an ad- just responding to the thread.
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Matt Certain People as in Suppliers. Etc not being the General Public.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » "The Jacket" (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL