We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Rupert's pearls (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4358 Posts

Profile of rannie
Are they still available? These are one of those items that escaped me when I had all the chances to get them.

Rannie
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Nyama Possessor
View Profile
Veteran user
Under the Shade Tree
322 Posts

Profile of Nyama Possessor
Whut up, Hank Lee's got em (see link below) I recently bought some more for myself from Hanks about 6 months ago

Rupert's Pearls:
http://www.hanklee.org/xcart/customer/pr......p;page=1

Peace,

The Krossbearer
The Honorable NYAMA POSSESSOR

Co-Founder & Co-Creator of MAGICAL REALISM, Owner of ANCESTRAL REALM PRODUCTIONS

* 17 Year Member of the Shadow Network * ICBM Alumnus *

Creator/Author of SUMMONING RUMI and numerous other underground proprietary releases...
Books, routines and tools coming soon, available only and exclusively at www.AlchemyMoon.com
scolman
View Profile
Elite user
Cape Town, South Africa
446 Posts

Profile of scolman
Stevens Magic also stocks them @ about $27.50.
Simon
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
Viking Magic has e'm for $25.00. Or you can make your own at Howie Diddits (Secret Sessions) I found many dealers searching Alta Vista (Key- Rupert's Drops)
Do you have a computer? <G>
Slim Price
sanscan@tds.net

"I will never bitter be, as long as I can laugh at me!"

"The people who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
Gordon
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
692 Posts

Profile of Gordon
Misdirections magic shop in San Francisco has them in stock, I noticed them last weekend while visiting the store. They ship very quickly, and it's a great shop, so don't hesitate to order from them if you haven't done so before.
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4358 Posts

Profile of rannie
Thanks Gordon! I will be in the area sometime in April . I will Check it out.

Peace,

rannie

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
kcalB
View Profile
Inner circle
Took me 16 years to make
1001 Posts

Profile of kcalB
"Klaatu barada nikto"

Former Member of P.E.A.
Creator of The Clearly Q&A Board

Alumni
ECSSI
ECSSII
ECSSIII
ECSSIV
ECSSV
BizarreHauntingsI
B&B Magic
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of B&B Magic
Great! I was also under the impression (not sure why) that it was no longer available.
tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1239 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
These are a lot of fun to play with. A proper presentation will yield a strong effect.
Brian-
"That smart thing that somebody else said".
Nyama Possessor
View Profile
Veteran user
Under the Shade Tree
322 Posts

Hank got em for $22.50

Co-Founder & Co-Creator of MAGICAL REALISM, Owner of ANCESTRAL REALM PRODUCTIONS

Creator/Author of SUMMONING RUMI and numerous other underground proprietary releases...
Books, routines and tools coming soon, available only and exclusively at www.AlchemyMoon.com
rickmagic1
View Profile
Inner circle
MIddle Tennessee area
1533 Posts

Profile of rickmagic1
I was given a video years ago that happened to have a tape of Max Maven performing a seance on a special (Bill Bixby was the host).
He used the "pearls" to great effect in the seance...had a fantastic explanation for them.

Rick
Richard Green
The Modern Conjurer
Host of the Haunted Magic show at House of Cards Nashville!
tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1239 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
Rick,
Could you explain a little more of what Max Maven did in this seance routine with the pearls? Thanks!!
Brian-
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
Well then they are a fair value, I seem to recall when I ordered mine in , ohhh, 91 or 92 they were still about the same price, right about $2 each or so. They have also gotten a bit easier to find it seems
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com
Osiris
View Profile
Special user
610 Posts

Profile of Osiris
Quote:
On 2005-02-21 13:54, rickmagic1 wrote:
I was given a video years ago that happened to have a tape of Max Maven performing a seance on a special (Bill Bixby was the host).
He used the "pearls" to great effect in the seance...had a fantastic explanation for them.

Rick

I believe Max did the same basic deal on a Halloween Special shot live from Universal Studios that was hosted by William Shatner and featured the Penndragons (this is the special where Char couldn't get out of the subtrunk due to a "costume maufunction"... and Janet Jackson thought she had an original thought...)

I loved Max's use of the pearls in this bit and believe it to be one of the more logical courses of action I've ever witnessed.

BTW... you can make the pearls if you can find some of the old Coke & Pepsi bottles (glass) and a good glass torch. Toss in a bucket of cold water and voila!

We used to make them in my 6th grade science class... it was loads of fun!
Nyama Possessor
View Profile
Veteran user
Under the Shade Tree
322 Posts

Osiris is right.......or you can go to any glass blower and have them made.........The ones I bought from Hanks seem smaller compared to the ones I heard people were using in the 70's?

The Krossbearer

rickmagic1
View Profile
Inner circle
MIddle Tennessee area
1533 Posts

Profile of rickmagic1
Well, it was basically a combination of Glorpy, Out to Lunch, and the pearls. The name "Anna" appeared on the card when "written" by the spirit. It was the spirit of the grandmother of one of the girls at the table. The "pearls" were the "molten slag from the crystal balls, all that was left of the ancient tools".
Oh, and he mixed in a little "spirit moving the table around" as well.

Great presentation!

Rick

So then, if I'm not mistaken, the pearls are not any type of special glass? They just do what they do when you do what you're suppose to? (Sorry, don't want to give it away).

Rick
Richard Green
The Modern Conjurer
Host of the Haunted Magic show at House of Cards Nashville!
Nyama Possessor
View Profile
Veteran user
Under the Shade Tree
322 Posts

In Stephen Minch's Mind & Matter it says: "Devil's Tears or Prince Rupert's Pearls are made by dropping molten tempered glass droplets into water where they are allow to form & harden", basically they are tempered glass drops.

hope this helps Rick.

The Krossbearer

rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4358 Posts

Profile of rannie
I will try this myself.thanks!

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1239 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
Thanks for the Max Maven presentation description Rick.
Brian-
Osiris
View Profile
Special user
610 Posts

Profile of Osiris
If I recall correctly, I outlined a bit very similar to Max's handling @ the UK based TOP HAT eZine a few months back... you may want to look at my Bizarre or Haunted Magick series... I think that's where I placed it. The difference is, I'm incorporating some PW work along with Rick Maue's thinking on using Business Cards for Spirit Messages (see Book of Haunted Magick for details).
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Rupert's pearls (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL