The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Stargazer (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

joeKing
View Profile
Special user
United States
979 Posts

Profile of joeKing
A few years ago, my mentor in magic would perform this effect. He can't find the instructions so that I may have the effect, and he has given away all the Star Shaped rubber bands.

So where could I find this effect? And does anyone know of a good, cheap source of the star shaped rubber bands?
~joeKing
Paul Sherman
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, VA
1511 Posts

Profile of Paul Sherman
http://www.elmagicshop.com/cgi-bin/webc.......19880.b5 here's a source for them. You can probably find them elsewhere also. I just did a Google search for "rubber band shapes".

Paul
"The finished card expert considers nothing too trivial that in any way contributes to his success..." Erdnase

some youtube videos
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4355 Posts

Profile of rannie
Allan Wong the creator is a good friend of mine and he is a Café member. He is called "stargazer" of course.

Paul I also found animal shaped bands in an obscure shop in hong kong. This is great for bizarre effects wher you from whatever method , find out the year the spectator was born and using the chinese calendar later on verify the year from the horoscope. For ex. year of the monkey, pig etc.. Best of all the bands are color coded per animal. From any band effect I work my way to segue to this. I sometimes end with stargazer .

Rannie
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Philippe
View Profile
Special user
615 Posts

Profile of Philippe
Joeking, I am pretty sure that I read somewhere that you can make your own Starbands using a soldering iron and nails pegged in a board. If it is possible I feel certain that somebody will respond. However, I get my Stargazer bands from JB Magic in Blackpool.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Stargazer (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL