The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Best Peek wallet (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1488 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
This opinion , I respect by the way , does not give any explanations why it would be a disappointement.What are the facts or arguments.NONE.

Quote:
On 2006-06-06 10:02, Dr. X wrote:
Dr.X has tried many wallets (except EvilDan's which are next on my list) and Dr.X can honestly say he likes the Stealth Assassin Wallet the best. Peter Nardi is an excellent craftsman and quite a good looking fellow at that. (Hi Pete!) The wallet is an excellent utility tool that functions as Dr.X's everyday wallet. So much is possible with it that sometimes it's all Dr.X needs. Well the wallet and my super-amazing mental manipulating powers duh! Buy one or be crushed under the feet of the mentalists in the know. The Outlaw wallet was a HUGE disappointment.

Hi Pete!

All Hail Dr.X
Your Momma Does!

Here is the review I posted on the MAGIC Café on January 2006.I give FACTS .

I repeat the the outlaw wallet is just AWESOME!!!!

"I received my OUTLAW wallet today.Great product.

First comment : great service and very good communication with the guys who created this wallet.

I read the positive comments from Tony Razzano in another thread. I mostly agree with him that it is a very good peek wallet reasonably priced.The construction is pretty good also.

I will not repeat all the things you can do with this wallet since Mr Razzano already clearly exposed these
facts.

The main purpose of the wallet is the peek though.This is a very CLEAN peek. I own a SUC ( Sight Unseen Case from Strivings , a Stealth Wallet from Peter Nardi , a Thought Transmitter from Cornelius , a Brain Scan Wallet from John T. Sheets and an Insight wallet from Larry Becker . I like wallets , I know .So I can compare.

The peek with the Outlaw is simple , direct and do not involve opening the wallet again after the card was put in. You can ask the spectator to hold the wallet in his closed hands while you read his thoughts.
You can not really do that with a SUC for instance.

The Stealth and Insight wallets involve opening the wallet again before the peek.

The Thought Transmitter does not really look like a real everyday wallet and depends on a little something you need to replace sometimes.The light conditions is also an issue with this wallet.

The Brain Scan wallet is also pretty ingenious but not as direct as the Outlaw. First you fold and place the card in the outside pocket.Then you reopen to take a small post-it note. Yes you have a good justification and less suspicious reason to reopen the wallet.But with the Outlaw you do not even have to bother with justifications.

With the outlaw you place apparently the business card ( with the spectator's design) in between 2 other cards already in the wallet and close it.Done. You can read or duplicate immediatly.

All in all you can not go wrong with this wallet.

A downside : no routines explained in the instructions.If you are new in the peek wallet market it is a problem.For instance the SUC from Strivings came with a 20 pages instruction booklet with several routines.I think that the Outlaw team is already working on this right now.

Hope it could help . "
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
As do I. The Outlaw is an excellent peek an pocket/swami wallet.

Doctor X, have you seen the Outlaw? The only way I can see you being disapointed was if you missed all of the advertisment and reviews and thought that the Outlaw was pocket wallet sized instead of business card sized.

Tony
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
I have played with four or five wallets and have always sold them. The Outlaw is the only one that I have kept and actually use. It is in my pocket right as we speak, or type. I love it!!
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Good "Dr X" Thanks for clearing that up.
giochi
View Profile
Special user
502 Posts

Profile of giochi
Stealth assassin has the most options
Tony Curtis
View Profile
Special user
Bangkok Thailand
840 Posts

Profile of Tony Curtis
My new Peek Wallet based on the Z wallet principle design maybe of interest to readers of this topic.

Tony Curtis
Over 100 previous Magic Wagon effects along with descriptions,
images & videos can now be viewed on my website.

Click Here
Andrew Richmond
View Profile
Loyal user
Birmingham - UK
252 Posts

Profile of Andrew Richmond
The Stealth Assassin is the best in my view for the simple reason it is the most versatile, also one of the peeks does NOT require the wallet to be opened. When you watch the Assassin dvds the timing of when the wallet is opened is totally logical and never remembered by the audience.

I wouldn't bother with the Thought Transmitter, it is clever but it just doesn't look like anything you could actually buy or would want to have on you.

The Outlaw wallet is a good working peek wallet but really doesn't have any benefit over the Assassin apart from being cheaper. I used mine for a few weeks and went back to the Assassin purely on the basis that the AUDIENCE really didn't acknowledge any difference whether I opened the wallet or not so for me having all of the options of the Assassin out did the Outlaw.

All in all I think you need to work with what you are comfortable with, the Outlaw certainly suits some as does the Assassin.. One mans peek wallet is another mans ebay item..

A.R.
"Take a card any card!"
"Why?"
"So I can find it."
"Why?"
adgnyc
View Profile
Loyal user
New York City
293 Posts

Profile of adgnyc
I like the Stealth Assassin, a lot. I'm not crazy about having to open up the wallet for the p**k, but it is, as others have noted, well justified. Plus it has the SUC principle. It also looks like a real wallet (if a semi-unconventional one), and I use it as my everyday wallet. Toss in the billet index and, all in all, this is a superb utility device.
Adam Green
New York, NY
JasonEscape
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of JasonEscape
EvilDan's Vendetta Wallet is absolutely amazing!!!
stealthinct
View Profile
New user
Connecticut
1 Post

Profile of stealthinct
Does anyone know if either the Vendetta wallet or the Zingg wallet will be available again or where I can get one? I have not been able to locate any of these and have been looking for quite a while. Please help!
sandsjr
View Profile
Special user
840 Posts

Profile of sandsjr
I'd be interested in the SUC. I saw somewhere he might be making them again???
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
I realize that this is an old thread that has been resurrected, but it should be moved to Inner Thoughts as the title of the thread itself amounts to exposure. I guess we weren't as strict about that seven years ago.
robbie mcgrath
View Profile
Loyal user
Ireland
233 Posts

Profile of robbie mcgrath
I really like espionage wallet , has a lovely p##k and suc , normal every day , card to wallet , out to lunch feature it's fully loaded , just think it's a lovely all rounder wallet
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Feb 21, 2005, taller8 wrote:
I am looking for the best peek device. My criteria is the easiest load of card, and the most effortless peek.

The three devices I'm considering are the SUC, the Stealth Wallet, and the Ultimate Caper Case.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Never really understood the need for a p**k wallet when a b*****t s****h or p**k achieves the same result without the need to carry an extra prop.
cirrus
View Profile
Inner circle
his minions made
1751 Posts

Profile of cirrus
I have the sa-wallet. It's great. PM me if you want to read the whole title, because I'm not going to spoil it in an open thread. It's a great investment and a great prop to use.
MentalistCreationLab
View Profile
Inner circle
1528 Posts

Profile of MentalistCreationLab
Quote:
On Mar 11, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
I realize that this is an old thread that has been resurrected, but it should be moved to Inner Thoughts as the title of the thread itself amounts to exposure. I guess we weren't as strict about that seven years ago.

I started to get all worked up thinking the Great Evil Dan was making wallets again. Thanks Bob for pointing out that this was an old thread. I can return to only hoping that he starts making wallets again............
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
"Never really understood the need for a p**k wallet when a b*****t s****h or p**k achieves the same result without the need to carry an extra prop."

This is a subject that has been discussed widely on the Café. It all comes down to the situation/environment, and personal opinion, The argument could go on forever really. In the end, the question raised could be why have them wri*e anything at all?

I agree that this should be moved as well.
Twitter @darjames
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
The irony here is that everyone is using asterisks, as in p**k, when the device and the word "peek" are openly used in the title of this publicly accessible thread.
tpratt38
View Profile
Loyal user
New Orleans
279 Posts

Profile of tpratt38
Great Observation Bob... I wonder why people wonder if your using something to makes us wonder.

If you are familiar with Annemann you wouldn't need any special anything. You would just do that thing and know all things.

Like Colin Mcleod tweeted this week or twatted because he already tweeted it. Smile "Improve or master the classics, instead of looking for something new" (I do paraphrase), which is a bad version of something old.

Best to all of you. Give someone the best part of there day every time you meet them.

Tim
Mental Threads....

Invoking your thoughts one thread at a time...

Creator of Voodoo Dowels
jamiesalinas
View Profile
Special user
Houston
728 Posts

Profile of jamiesalinas
I have bought and tested many different types of these wallets. Many friends have asked me for my opinion as I use them in real performance conditions on a regular basis. The answer is simple. There are many great wallets with different options. What is best is the one you will use in your performances. It is a personal preference and can not be simply answered here. Buy the top ones listed here one at a time. If you don't like it, sell it in the for sale section and move on to another one until you find the one that works best for you. It may not even be a wallet! Docc Hilford has a great simple method with just a stack of business cards.

Jamie
Jamie Salinas
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Best Peek wallet (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL