The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » First Question in Mental Epic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MikeDes
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal
1176 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
Hi,

I am developing a routine for a no-force version of Mental Epic. In this routine I am working with a family as volunteers. I would like the first thing I ask the father to think about to be a joke but am having a hard time coming up with something.

At first I thought of asking him to concentrate on the name of the first girl he ever kissed and then, realizing that it is not his wife's name, erasing my prediction and asking something else. Although I think this could be funny I would rather use something else for a family type environment.

Any suggestions?

Mike
evanthx
View Profile
Regular user
Seattle, WA
197 Posts

Profile of evanthx
Good question, this could be a neat topic!

Here's one I thought about...ask him to think of the most embarrassing thing his wife has ever done - just think about it, don't say it aloud. Then ask - "If you were to tell me what that thing is, what kind of car would you have to sleep in tonight?"

Then you can predict the car model.

For the wife, if you wanted to continue that theme, you could maybe ask what kind of gift she'll demand to make up for this? Or ask her to think of something embarrassing and what gift she expects in exchange for her silence?

Basically it seems like it could lead to interesting byplay between your spectators.
MikeDes
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal
1176 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
WOW! That opens up a lot of possibilities. I like this.

Mike
evanthx
View Profile
Regular user
Seattle, WA
197 Posts

Profile of evanthx
Yeah, now that you've got me thinking about it I might start changing my own mental epic presentation!
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
Nice Evanthx. I like your way of thinking.
Nice Discussion. I will go think about this.
Wolflock
Pro Magician & Escapologist
Member of JMC (Johannesburg Magic Circle)
South Africa
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » First Question in Mental Epic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL