The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Swallowing Billiard Balls on Jay Leno Show (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
jkvand
View Profile
Special user
Johnstown, PA
658 Posts

Profile of jkvand
I saw a guy on the Tonight Show who swallowed a billiard ball, then coughed it up again. He also swallowed 5 coins, numbered 1 - 5, and could cough them up by number. They told him to cough up number 3, and out it came! Are there books on this? Can anyone do this stuff with practice, or do you have to have some sort of anatomical abnormality that makes this possible?
The Village Idiots
View Profile
Elite user
Orlando
464 Posts

Profile of The Village Idiots
You gotta be born that way. That special way. The way we only talk of in a whisper.
Some are born idiots.

Some are made idiots.

Some have idiocy thrust upon them.
Tabasco
View Profile
Loyal user
The Netherlands
219 Posts

Profile of Tabasco
All I know is that a guy here tried to do it and he ended up in the local hospital. he couldn't get the ball out of his mouth. So lessons learned... Be carefull LOL
the biggest card trick exchange center,
we have over 1600 tricks in our indexes.
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Stevie Starr was that guy you saw. He's the best. You can learn some of what he does, but it's the most difficult skill to acquire.
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Man...if ever there was a "DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME!"...that was it!
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Stevie really did swallow those billard balls. I know him very well and have done a gazillion shows with him. There are some shady things he do in his act,but he really can swallow and regurg at will. And Will ain't too happy about it.
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
We all wish we could do something else, sometimes.

Me? I wish I could juggle, but juggling makes me want to throw up. It's just catching the things I have trouble with.

Stevie's one of the most creative folks I know, in this business. His ability to use bits and pieces of different things, and put them together in new ways, is phenomenal.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Scott Ballem
View Profile
New user
Toronto, Canada
18 Posts

Profile of Scott Ballem
Stevie Starr is doing a show at my college here in toronto on March 10th. After hearing the favourable comments I'll be sure to check it out.
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
DO NOT miss Stevie. He will presend 45 minutes that you will never forget.
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4291 Posts

Profile of Daegs
I saw Stevie's show and spent about 3 hours with him at some shady denny's afterwards and it was AMAZING...

Great guy, knows some decent card effects(don't you wish you could swallow a folded up card, keep it dry and produce on command?), and just does crazy stuff with his digestive system...

It's too bad he didn't do the smoke or the butane on Leno, those are some of the best!!!
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Stevie has been on Leno numerous times. He has also done Letterman several times. I don't know if he did the smoke or the butane on either.
BDead
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of BDead
I just saw stevie starr on leno,what was up with all the palming.I still find it very hard to believe he really can swallow into his stomach and regurgitate.Also the smoke swallowing is easy to do,with a little practice.
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
"I still find it very hard to believe he really can swallow into his stomach and regurgitate.

He does.

"Also the smoke swallowing is easy to do,with a little practice."

And that's why so many people are doing it. Oh, wait a minute, Stevie is the only one doing it. I guess it might not be as easy as some think.
BDead
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of BDead
"Oh, wait a minute, Stevie is the only one doing it. I guess it might not be as easy as some think"

Ive been doing the smoke swallowing for a while now and believe me it aint hard to learn.

"He does"

Yeah,and David Copperfield can fly.
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Okay, you are the expert on this.
BDead
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of BDead
Thanks.
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
No, thank you for sharing your superior knowledge with all of us that know so little.

A number of years ago, Stevie and I were doing show here in NY. We did this show every Halloween for several years. We would always go out to dinner after the show. Stevie has a lousy diet. He ate just a double order of bacon.

As we were getting ready to leave. Stevie walked up to a table near the door and asked the diners if he could "check" the salt and pepper shakers. He picked them up and swallowed them one at a time. He then said, "Yes, they seem to be okay." He coughed them back up, set them down on the table and walked out of the building. I waited a moment, walked over to the two stunned diners and asked if someone had just done something strange to the salt & pepper shakers. They said, "Yes." I pick up the pepper shaker and used it to hammer a nail into my nose. I asked, "Did he do this?" With dropped jaws, the shook their heads "No." I thanked them and walked out with the nail still in my nose.

Those two diners were a man and woman, and though I have no way of knowing this, I would like to believe they were on a first date.

Now, before bdead can jump in here, I'll beat to the punch and reveal what everyone knows. Of course, Stevie just stuck those two shakers into what would have been his soft palate if he had one (it's an easy thing to do and anyone can do it and still speak clearly) and I ,of course, used one of those collapsible nails that everyone uses.
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Aw, c'mon, it was a collapsible shaker. You can get them at Tannen's, right? And everybody knows that Todd has a collapsible nose.

And Bdead can most certainly swallow smoke. It's so easy. Everybody does it. Maybe he has collapsible lungs?
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
I didn't even know swallowing smoke was a trick. Us beginners have so much to learn.
Well, maybe someday...
sanscan@tds.net

"I will never bitter be, as long as I can laugh at me!"

"The people who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
If I can get over the smoke, I just know I can blow it out somewhere else.

Hey Slim! Today is a good day for starting something, always beginning. Even Todd is learning something new today, how to melt butter on his tongue! (I pieced that together from posts in other places...I just know his queries about Lobster Boy are a smokescreen.) Now if only he'd figure out that he's been able to do that for years.

www.bladewalker.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Swallowing Billiard Balls on Jay Leno Show (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL