The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Victory Report (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Shadow
View Profile
Regular user
Akron, OH
171 Posts

Profile of Shadow
About two months ago I had to cancel a show for the first time in over 20 years due to a death in the family. I told the church I would do a free show for them to try and make it up later. They called Sunday and asked if I could come up Wednesday evening. Now I work at a real job on third shift and this church is over an hour away, but I said I would do it. On Monday I pulled a muscle in my back and have just barely been able to walk, but the show must go on.
I hobbled in about an hour before start time and was met by a very enthusiactic lady who helped me shlep in the show and informed me of the events leading up to tonight, how last night 9 kids responded to the alter call, and how God was working in their church. As I setup the pain increased to the point that I was asking myself why I was here. Soon 45 kids filled the hall and they played and danced to some kind of stomp music (and I thought Deep and Wide was a fun song). She settled the kids down, opened with prayer then introduced me. The pain subsided and I performed for over an hour, the only hint of pain came while blowing up a baloon. After the show I closed with an alter call and about 12 kids came forward.
God is so faithful!
Oh yea, I almost forgot, the pastor slipped me a check saying the least they could do is cover expences.
Now lets see,
I had a great time for an hour perfoming what I love to do, I had no pain durring the show, 12 kids got saved, and I got paid.
How can it get any better.
Praise to God
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3177 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
Praise God for His faithfulness to His faithful servants!

A less committed person would have simply said "I can't do it" and let it go at that. But you gave your word, and you followed it up with action, even though you weren't physically on top of your game.

And you were rewarded, not only by seeing 12 lives changed eternally, but getting paid for expenses to do it.

Now we know why nobody else was available to take the gig when you found out that you could not do it.

Thanks for the great report friend! And thanks for the reminder, that if you are called, you just need to keep going, becuase you are not alone, even when things get tough.

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20495 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
And you call this work? We all agree that something is "working".

Congratulations! Keep on keeping on. You certainly matter.

Bob
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
thesecretllama
View Profile
New user
Dayton, Oh
41 Posts

Profile of thesecretllama
What a tesimony of God's faithfullness!
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3177 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
Rereading Shadow's VIctory Report has once again reminded me (Sad though it is, that I need this reminder...) that it isn't us at all. It was no more right to say that is was Shadow, bringing those children forward, than is would be to say that a Hammer should get the credit for building a house.

Shadow, as weak as he was, was simply a willing tool in the Hands of the Master! Had he been strong, I might have missed this point.

It is never us, no matter how strong or capable we feel. But we rarely seem to understand that clearly until we are weak, and then we see that is is He, who is strong.

I know that Shadow understands that! So my comment in no way was directed to him. But I was again convicted by his report. And being again so convicted, I wanted to remind others as well. Pride is one my greatest weaknesses. And I guess that is why I need so many reminders. So for those of you who share my weakness of Pride, I hope you can for a moment also share my conviction of pride, and remember that it isn't about us. We are simply the hammer, or maybe the nail, or possibly the tattered empty paper bag that carried the nails to the worksite. And if we are unwilling because we feel week, or are tired, or have something "better to do", than to be willing tools in the hands of the Creator, He can always find another to do His bidding.

So I hope we all remember what a privelege it is to be a hammer, or the empty nail sack, or any lowly tool used to God's Glory. As my eyes, now tear up at the thought of it, I certainly am remembering! What an awesome God we serve. How merciful that sometimes, he lets us be on the sidelines cheering while he takes the field and does mighty wonders!

Praise God!

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
Shadow
View Profile
Regular user
Akron, OH
171 Posts

Profile of Shadow
Bro. David
My friend, I only stated the obvious, "God is Faithful" and as we have discussed face to face a number of times, Our fleshly selves are surprised by this from time to time. We are not surprised when the light turns green or when a family member wants to borrow money, or by many other earthly things that happen. But when GOD keeps his word we get surprised, the one thing we as believers should depend on the most, we forget.
My post was to lift up first, the Name of God, and second anyone who has doubts as to whether God can use them or not. I hope that they can see that if God can use a broken down old man like me he can use them. Remember, if we do not praise him the rocks will surely cry out. He doesn't need us, but thankfully he allows us to come along for the ride.
As my good friend says, we need to guard against pride, for we are nothing without him.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Victory Report (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL