The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Flavors from the past... » » Dave Emerson's Magic Shop (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

zappo
View Profile
New user
Concord. CA
6 Posts

Profile of zappo
In the 1960's there was a delightful magic shop in Garden Grove, CA run by David Emerson. He was an excellent close-up magician, and was a Duncan Yo-Yo champion. I wonder if anyone knows what became of that shop and the proprietor. Over the years I have often thought how kind Dave was to those of us who were starting off in magic. I still own many effects purchased from that little shop and use them regularly. What's old is new again! Some of the original items I bought from Dave have "never been seen" by magicians these days. Other classics are still as good today as they were 40 years ago when Dave sold them to me (Jumbo Prediction, for example, which is 52 on one pasted to the back of a jumbo card.) Anybody know what happened to David?
DrewWiester
View Profile
New user
Grandview, MO
19 Posts

Profile of DrewWiester
Dave moved to Kansas City, Missouri and was a member of our Ring 129 and he still builds his wonderful illusions until he moved to Eureka Springs Arkansas. You can find him there. Eureka Springs is not a large town and he should be in the phone book. I hope this helps.
zappo
View Profile
New user
Concord. CA
6 Posts

Profile of zappo
Thanks. I will try to look him up with your lead.
zappo
View Profile
New user
Concord. CA
6 Posts

Profile of zappo
Tonight I called Dave Emerson, who it turns out is in Rogers, Arkansas. It was great to catch up with him. He told me he is selling magic on e-Bay from time to time and still makes effects. It was nice to tell him thanks for giving me a leg up all those decades ago. I appreciate the lead DrewWiester! It paid off.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20507 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Zappo,

Lucy and I did shows with Dave the weekend before Easter. We were also across from each other in the dealer room. Yep! He's alive and well!

Bob
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
I realize I am about 15 years late with this but I am trying to find out some information about a prop I recently bought.

It has a decal that reads, "Manufactured by Dave Emerson" and has his contact information printed on it. By the way, his address was Houston Lake, MO on the decal.

My prop was called "Dave Emerson Production Boxes" by the seller. it is actually a set of 2 boxes that nest and sit neatly on a little stand. The larger, red box is about a 5 1/2" cube and the smaller, yellow box is about a 5" cube. I am totally impressed with the quality and workmanship of this apparatus. It is really well-made, but there is some slight damage that I must repair. Before I begin the repairs I am hoping to find out more about the handling if I can.

I am pretty sure I know how the prop is meant to be presented, but the handling is a little risky for exposure and possible damage. I hope I am overlooking something and someone can help me figure out a safer way to handle the prop that is not as difficult or risky.

I have some ideas on how I hope to present this prop. In fact, I am already working on a routine, but I'd like to learn more before I finalize anything. I want to get started on making repairs asap but if I cannot figure out an easier/safer handling I may do some things a little different.

I will post a photo in hopes someone recognizes or has this prop and maybe knows something about it. I would gladly pay for a copy of the instructions should anyone have them. If you have any info whatsoever I would love to hear from you. I'd like to hear presentation and/or handling tips, when the prop was made, or any other information you may have.

Thank you so much!

Click here to view attached image.
Mister Mystery
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Flavors from the past... » » Dave Emerson's Magic Shop (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL