We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Out Of This World trick? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Bob Longe's version "Get Out of this World" is in his Giant Book of Card Tricks. The Giant book is for absolute beginners, and does an excellent job of getting you from nowhere a little ways down the road of card magic.

john
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
remco de wolf
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of remco de wolf
I think the method of John Kennedy was published in Genii Magazine (some years ago). Dean Dill republished it in the instructions of A New World.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8333 Posts

Profile of pegasus
This is going to be the ultimate version, due for release on the 15th March. Video download format. Check out the thread. You will need at least 50 posts to view this. The conditions are almost unbelievable and requires no sleight at all and little practise.

Click Here!
Nick B
View Profile
New user
London, England
59 Posts

Profile of Nick B
As well as all these, have a look at Harry Lorayne's "Out of this universe" and Steve Draun's "Worldly things".
Nick
daaaave
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of daaaave
Are their any impromptu versions of Out of this world?
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Daaaave: Bob Longe's version is impromptu and very simple in its handling.

John
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
Hushai
View Profile
Elite user
St. Louis, Missouri, USA
447 Posts

Profile of Hushai
Quote:
On 2005-03-01 19:38, Alan Wheeler wrote:
Bob Longe's version can be found in a thin paperback book called "World's Greatest Card Tricks." I don't know if the book is in the public domain or not, but I think I've seen it for sale at Barnes and Noble near "Magic for Dummies" and "The Idiot's Guide to Magic" and a Blaine book that also contained something about OOTW. I can't remember clearly, and it might have been a used book store where I picked up a copy.

alan

Actually, I think it's in "World's BEST Card Tricks," not "Greatest." Bob Longe has authored a lot of books with similar titles ("Best," "Greatest," "Great," etc.), so that it's kind of confusing remembering what's in which book. They are, indeed, often found in general-interest bookstores, in the "Games" section, but they have a lot of good magic in them.

Paul Curry's book "Magician's Magic" has a version of the original OOTW, and it's out in a new reprint by Dover Publications -- as usual with Dover, a really good bargain.

Another good source is a booklet called "Out of This World and Beyond," published by Curry in the 1970's. I think it's still available, very inexpensively. In this booklet, Curry collects the best variations on OOTW that he knew of at that time -- there are LOTS of them! -- in one place. Several of the versions here are impromptu, including U.F. Grant's NuWay Out of This World. This is my favorite book for OOTW.

And, the Trickshop has just come out with a downloadable file on OOTW, which I haven't seen but which is also inexpensive. So, there are many sources for finding out about this classic.
woodenmarvels
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of woodenmarvels
Just downloaded the trickshop version - nice. The instructions are clear and it has a new twist to the original. ~MagicAl
Magic is all around us, everywhere, every day. If you would just open your eyes to see it, you would be truly amazed.
Visit my world of automata at: http://www.members.aol.com/churchmouseabc/
~MagicAl
timofy
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of timofy
Anybody know where to get Daryl's out of this hemisphere?

Also there was a version by the Café's own Sir Hugo that I was interested in.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Out Of This World trick? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL