The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Magic and girls -what I've learned (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14 [Next]
ZoOpDoG
View Profile
Veteran user
All the cool people have
311 Posts

Profile of ZoOpDoG
Magic and girls for me....

1. It will typically be an attractive 20 something that insists on knowing how a trick is done and is willing to make a scene when not told. (When you sense it coming get the nearest child involved in the trick - their presence will usually defuse the bomb)

2. It is a fine line between creepy and cool when approcahing a girl with a magic trick. It is usually better for me if they ask to see one. I mean this in the sense of using it as a conversation opener. If you want nothing from the girl other than to show her the trick - a smiling happy girl will attract a crowd.

3. Having an attractive waitress on your team is great if you like to perform at a local bar. She can assist in any "plants" as well as direct the mood of any audience you have.

4. Having a wife that will tolerate you being the center of attention is something no man should take for granted.

That is about all I have other than I am always excited when I sell magic to girls who intend to perform. I don't see it often and it makes me smile when people break the mold.
arizona
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of arizona
Quote:
On 2011-11-24 20:40, tombola wrote:
This topic is just awful, makes me ashamed both of being a man and being a magician.

Never thought it was possible to smile and cringe at the same time which is what I've been doing reading this thread now for half an hour. Its fun reading for that reason, like the train wreck analogy phenomenom lol.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On 2013-02-27 17:14, ZoOpDoG wrote:
...I am always excited when I sell magic to girls who intend to perform. I don't see it often and it makes me smile when people break the mold.

I'll second that! I love seeing a young, pretty girl do magic! That little cute blonde from Los Angeles...Krystyn(?) is just a LOVE! Magic Jess is just a dollbaby with that big Top Hat on! Yeah, I'm an old dog. Still single at 57. Imagine ME approaching a girl at a bar, and asking her if she wants to see something! Talk about creepy! I do have to be careful... Smile

Doug
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Magic Jess? Krystyn? Where have I been? Are they the marryin' type? Where's their photos, Dougini?
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Krystyn is a teenager. She is still a little dollbaby!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1a8EJxlqKk

Magic Jess doesn't come in much. Here is her profile:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/bb_pr......er=16718

Marryin' type? Dunno. I stayed single all my life for a reason. Besides, at my age the "creep factor" is off the scale. Smile

Doug
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Oh. Oops!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Dollarbill
View Profile
Inner circle
Colorado
1005 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
That scond girl is smokin' hot!
mndude
View Profile
Special user
880 Posts

Profile of mndude
Quote:
On 2013-03-25 09:30, daffydoug wrote:
Oh. Oops!

I would blame that guy to the left of you for that comment
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On 2013-05-29 11:21, Dollarbill wrote:
That second girl is smokin' hot!

Magic Jess? Yes, she is! I was totally smitten by her. She disappeared years ago, though. Has not been back. I miss seeing her. I understand she is quite a performer. One of the PRETTIEST girls I have ever seen...I wish her well! Smile

Doug
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Not sure I would do well doing a magic trick right out of the gate after meeting a gal. I have to be careful at my age. I do have a tendency to give a girl the creeps. I keep forgetting I'm over 50. Magic Jess could be my DAUGHTER! Hey, I've dated younger girls. I do get crap from people about robbing the cradle. I don't care.

My last encounter, she was 19. Yeah, I know. 30+ years younger! Not my fault! She liked me! Thing is, eh...keeping up...uhhh....you know...'nuff said. These young gals gotta have patience with me. I can't dance all night, and still...well, I'm just not in shape like I used to be. I do enjoy having a pretty female on my arm. And I do treat them very well...respect, and consideration for their needs.

I do find that some older gals like magic. The young-uns, not so much. Magic Jess is an exception.

Doug
Magicjess76
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of Magicjess76
Hey Doug! I'm still around :o)
DoctorCognos
View Profile
Elite user
413 Posts

Profile of DoctorCognos
I am currently in a committed relationship, but having been single and a magician for most of my life, there was a time when I tried to pick up women by using magic.

If I were available today, I wouldn't even bother.

This is because, I have learned three things; no two women are alike, and they all a mystery. And number two, if you need tricks to get their attention, you probably don't have much of a chance anyway. And lastly, if you are so much of a showoff, that you need to the center of attraction in every situation, you probably aren't going to have many friends, men or women.

So now, whenever I am out anywhere, I have some magic in my pockets, some coins, some cards, some silks, a tt, etc., but it rarely comes out, unless the situation starts to lag, and becomes boring. Then I might do a little magic.

Before I became the wise old sage that I am now, I tried to use a little magic to impress one lady I remember. She ran a book store, and I was looking for magic books. She looked a little bit strangely at me, and I explained that it was magic tricks and not "black magic". Then to demonstrate, I did the invisible deck. Well, she didn't like being fooled, and I wasn't as aware or attuned to audience management. After I showed he that her selected card was the only one face up in the deck, she grabbed the invisible deck out of my hands, intent on finding the secret. But she had such a tight grip on the deck, that no face up cards showed. That look on her face was priceless. I never saw her again.

The first time I met my current lady, we had a breakfast introduction and continued to talk into the early afternoon. I told her that I was a magician, and she told me that her granddaughter was a magician. I did Sankey's paper clipped and she still has that signed card in her jewelry box. But I only brought the magic out when I knew that she also had an interest and actually loves good magic.

But because she enjoys good magic, I resist the "hey look at this new thing that I am working on, and might/probably will screw up". Family and close friends all get my best magic. I don't use them as a practice audience. I see them every day. And I prefer they only know my obvious faults. But I don't want to expose them to every failed attempt to learn a new effect. I use complete strangers who I encounter as my test audience. I probably will never see them again anyway, so who cares if I screw up a little?

The Doctor
The Doctor Knows.....
Codyreese
View Profile
New user
Salt Lake City
56 Posts

Profile of Codyreese
I used magic to pick up my ex-wife...emphasis on 'ex'. Will never date a girl that is dazzled by magic again.
yazz
View Profile
New user
UK
49 Posts

Profile of yazz
Good tips on magic for girls Smile - what about magic for guys?

- Yazz
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On Mar 2, 2014, Magicjess76 wrote:
Hey Doug! I'm still around :o)

:wow: Oh! Hi Jess! Holy moly guacaMOLE! You look GREAT! I'm shaking...OK Doug, calm down boy. My GOD what a sexy avatar! What a show you must do, Jess. I can only imagine...

Doug
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
It's not the magic that is appealing, it's the entertainment value. Instead of trying to do a trick to pick up a chick, try using magic to entertain and to create an atmosphere that is just plain fun! If everyone is enjoying themselves, then that will bring people closer together.

So, certain types of magic drive a wall between people. For example, challenging magic that puts you at odds, like "I'm smarter than you" magic probably won't work.

I say, just have fun and try to keep things positive and refreshing.

KJ
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
If I was going to have a date (Ha! Fat chance...), And I planned to do a little magic, cards would be the LAST thing I'd do! Something romantic would be appropriate, at the right time! A single appearing rose at the end of the date. That type of thing. Just a thought...

Doug
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Quote:
On Mar 25, 2014, Dougini wrote:
If I was going to have a date (Ha! Fat chance...), And I planned to do a little magic, cards would be the LAST thing I'd do! Something romantic would be appropriate, at the right time! A single appearing rose at the end of the date. That type of thing. Just a thought...

Doug

Doug,

That was so sweet! How about an appearing rose followed by a torn and restored rose?

I can see the patter right now: (As the rose appears): This rose represents our blossoming love... (as the rose is torn apart): This is what happens when I catch you cheating... (as the rose is restored): and finally, this represents how you can never leave me...

What? Too much?

KJ
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Haaa hahaha! ROFL! Things I was thinking...cannot be posted here. It's been WAY too long! Girls used to keep me in line. Now, they kick me OUT! Smile

Doug
trampabroad
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of trampabroad
If you're really interested in using magic to pick up girls(or boys) I recommend reading some books by the pickup community.

And if you do, don't be a creep. Just sayin'
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Magic and girls -what I've learned (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL