The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Puzzle me this... » » The Awesome Arson (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
EvanMagic
View Profile
Elite user
Winnipeg, MB
471 Posts

Profile of EvanMagic
Awesome Imports has gone bankrupt. The company's warehouse is padlocked until the inventory can be sold at auction. Only the court-appointed receiver has the keys. But Eric, the owner, gets lucky. A fire starts in the securely locked warehouse, burning down the building and all of its contents. The insurance money will pay off the company's debts and leave a tidy profit, too.

The police are sure that Eric torched his business for the insurance money. What they can't figure out is how he got inside the warehouse to do it.

How did Eric Awesome torch his padlocked warehouse?
Shane Wiker
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1199 Posts

Profile of Shane Wiker
Did he use a vent?

Shane Wiker
EvanMagic
View Profile
Elite user
Winnipeg, MB
471 Posts

Profile of EvanMagic
Nope.
flobiwan
View Profile
Regular user
165 Posts

Profile of flobiwan
He makes a molotov cocktail and throws it through a window.

Fredd
EvanMagic
View Profile
Elite user
Winnipeg, MB
471 Posts

Profile of EvanMagic
Nope you are on the right track though.
magicnewb
View Profile
New user
USA
77 Posts

Profile of magicnewb
He climbs through the window so it doesn't break therefore leaving no evidence, sets a fire, and climbs back outside, or he throws a match through the window.
Antz
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of Antz
A timed explosive could easily do the trick
EvanMagic
View Profile
Elite user
Winnipeg, MB
471 Posts

Profile of EvanMagic
Quote:
On 2005-02-27 23:39, magicnewb wrote:
He climbs through the window so it doesn't break therefore leaving no evidence, sets a fire, and climbs back outside, or he throws a match through the window.


No but you are on the right track
EvanMagic
View Profile
Elite user
Winnipeg, MB
471 Posts

Profile of EvanMagic
Quote:
On 2005-02-28 00:56, Antz wrote:
A timed explosive could easily do the trick


True...but not in this case so No
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2253 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
Does it have to do with what the contents of the warehouse was?
Wolflock
Pro Magician & Escapologist
Member of JMC (Johannesburg Magic Circle)
South Africa
NFox
View Profile
Inner circle
I Do Mentalism Now?!
1101 Posts

Profile of NFox
Is he a smoker by any chance. If he is, then maybe the police found a classic of arsonists the "time-dealy matchbook." You light a cigarette, and wedge into a matchbook. When the cigarette burns down it ignites the matches.

I am also going to guess that Awesome made fireworks, which aided in the speed of the fire. And for how the matchbook got inside, I am going to go with an open window...or a window he had the key to previously. He simply dropped the matchbook in, and bolted.

The two things that did him in was the fact that he left the window open and the matchbook (possibly from a club he frequents) that, although being burnt, still showed signs that a cigarette was there.

Well, that is my overly complicated guess.

Nick Fox
"Obscuring Reality"- Gone but not forgotten...

FoxIllusions.com
magicnewb
View Profile
New user
USA
77 Posts

Profile of magicnewb
Now tell us, was the warehouse blown up or on fire?
norticat
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of norticat
The court reciever was paid off! to leave a door open and then to lock it after wards.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27017 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Norticat, you are getting dangerous. When you learned you can sell the pig, it seems you also leaned you can get people to sell their services too.

How is life outside the box? Are those boxes starting to look kind of small?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
EvanMagic
View Profile
Elite user
Winnipeg, MB
471 Posts

Profile of EvanMagic
Quote:
On 2005-03-01 07:28, Wolflock wrote:
Does it have to do with what the contents of the warehouse was?


No
EvanMagic
View Profile
Elite user
Winnipeg, MB
471 Posts

Profile of EvanMagic
Quote:
On 2005-03-01 12:59, NFox wrote:
Is he a smoker by any chance. If he is, then maybe the police found a classic of arsonists the "time-dealy matchbook." You light a cigarette, and wedge into a matchbook. When the cigarette burns down it ignites the matches.

I am also going to guess that Awesome made fireworks, which aided in the speed of the fire. And for how the matchbook got inside, I am going to go with an open window...or a window he had the key to previously. He simply dropped the matchbook in, and bolted.

The two things that did him in was the fact that he left the window open and the matchbook (possibly from a club he frequents) that, although being burnt, still showed signs that a cigarette was there.

Well, that is my overly complicated guess.

Nick Fox


Nice guess Nick but sorry that isn't the answer in this story
EvanMagic
View Profile
Elite user
Winnipeg, MB
471 Posts

Profile of EvanMagic
Quote:
On 2005-03-01 13:01, magicnewb wrote:
Now tell us, was the warehouse blown up or on fire?


Unfortunately only clue(s) can be given or questions answering yes or no its just how I play the game:D
EvanMagic
View Profile
Elite user
Winnipeg, MB
471 Posts

Profile of EvanMagic
Quote:
On 2005-03-01 14:45, norticat wrote:
The court reciever was paid off! to leave a door open and then to lock it after wards.


Sorry but no that's not the answer
dg
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of dg
If there is a window, could he use a magnifying glass to concentrate the suns
rays through the window onto something combustable?
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2253 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
Are his import's Keys?
Wolflock
Pro Magician & Escapologist
Member of JMC (Johannesburg Magic Circle)
South Africa
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Puzzle me this... » » The Awesome Arson (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL