The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Straitjacket (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Dr_Stephen_Midnight
View Profile
Inner circle
SW Ohio, USA
1555 Posts

Profile of Dr_Stephen_Midnight
My straitjacket use has been based on availability and circumstance. When I started, legit jackets were almost the only game in town. Wheeler sold the Humane Restraint jacket, and Abbott's had discontinued their gaffed jacket at that time (1973), so I started with the Humane Restraint.
I later snagged, on opportunity, a DeVal St.Jacket Sensation on sale from Joe Tanner. It is finally wearing out. My next jacket will be another Humane Restraint jacket.

Steve
Dr. Lao: "Do you know what wisdom is?"
Mike: "No."
Dr. Lao: "Wise answer."
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
Funny how a 13-year-old boy can see through all the nonsense better than most of us so-called adults. Good for you, Daniel! I'd say that the chances for Daniel's idol worship get slimmer by the day here -- which is probably a good thing.

As for all the bleating and chest banging around here, I would just like to put notice to the fact that there is more than one qualified martial arts instructor here; more than one full-time professional entertainer that hasn't had a "real" job for many years; and WAYYY more than one unrecognized creative individual worthy of such recognition.

All I can ask is, how is taking out your frustrations on each other (and I am speaking to everyone here, not just a few) going to advance yourself, your art, or your friendships? HOW dammit?!?!

*Chance steps off his soap box and blends quietly into the massive cheering crowds...*
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
*Wolf Jumps onto the box and starts tap dancing*
*Crowd throws him off and beats him to a bloody pulp*

I must agree with you on the fact of a 13 year old seeing through the nonsense.
Well done Daniel. *Wolf tips his hat*

Come guys, we were just sayingt he other day, how well everyone here is behaving compared to the other sections. Lets not spoil that now.

Thanks.
Regards
Wolflock
Wolflock
Pro Magician & Escapologist
Member of JMC (Johannesburg Magic Circle)
South Africa
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Daniel is a very smart kid/teenager.
SHOC
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas, NV
72 Posts

Profile of SHOC
Quote:
On 2005-03-02 13:47, The Donster wrote:
Daniel is a very smart kid/teenager.

I'll second that!
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
"Those who fail to learn about history, are doomed to repeat it." (Or something to that effect.) The Cafè was only a few days old when this thread started:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......8&21

Two things I noticed right away: The first is that Steve Brooks used to post here, and the second was that EVERYONE HERE WAS COURTEOUS AND PFOFESSIONAL TOWARDS EACH OTHER.
Daniel Santos
View Profile
Special user
562 Posts

Profile of Daniel Santos
Quote:
On 2005-03-03 15:49, Chance wrote:
"Those who fail to learn about history, are doomed to repeat it." (Or something to that effect.) The Cafè was only a few days old when this thread started:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......8&21

Two things I noticed right away: The first is that Steve Brooks used to post here, and the second was that EVERYONE HERE WAS COURTEOUS AND PFOFESSIONAL TOWARDS EACH OTHER.

Thanks for that Chance, and thanks everyone for the comments...

But as far as this whole thing goes, I'm hoping nothing of this sort happens again. I personally think that it's the most dismal, pitiable thing to happen here on the Café.

Okay, let’s get this straight. We are an online COMMUNITY. In the real world, we’re here to ameliorate the lives of others and to assist them in their troubles. Not one person has everything in the world. But, we take what we have and we learn from it. We are taught by not only inert sources, but by OTHER PEOPLE. There are people out there that are willing to give up a small bit of their time to help another. From these people, who are so benign, we learn even more. Henceforth, our world of knowledge expands, and we are presented with a new horizon. When a squabble comes about and there is no request for forgiveness, we lose a small bit of that optimism that so powerfully motivates us. Not only that, but we lose someone else who can share with us their wisdom. And, in return, they lose those who have helped them become who they are. It is the duty of those around us, within our community, to stop these quarrels for the mere benefit of one, or scores of, people. What makes this so different than the real world?

Please, put an end to this bickering and show clemency to those whom you have shown disrepute and impertinence to. From there shall your lives be clear of guilt, and from there shall you continue on your expedition in life.

"Can't we all just get along?"

Daniel
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
That's it! I'm biting the next person to start an arguement. Smile

Chance. You forgot to mention that Daniel is also a very Polite, well mannered young gentleman.

Regards
Wolflock
Wolflock
Pro Magician & Escapologist
Member of JMC (Johannesburg Magic Circle)
South Africa
Dr_Stephen_Midnight
View Profile
Inner circle
SW Ohio, USA
1555 Posts

Profile of Dr_Stephen_Midnight
Unfortunately, places like this are a microcosm of the world at large.
Asking for peace and justice doesn't keep the criminals, warlords and fanatics from throwing a monkey wrench into the works on a regular basis.

Steve
Dr. Lao: "Do you know what wisdom is?"
Mike: "No."
Dr. Lao: "Wise answer."
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Daniel said a Mouthful. and said it very well.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Straitjacket (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL