The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » Wives and magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
mystical
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of mystical
I'm just wondering if I'm the only one that has this problem. My wife gets so annoyed with magic she tells me I'm obsessed.
Steve Friedberg
View Profile
Inner circle
1401 Posts

Profile of Steve Friedberg
Uh...I think you meant "obsessed."

I don't know it's an obsession: Dictionary.com defines "obsession" as "compulsive preoccupation with a fixed idea or an unwanted feeling or emotion, often accompanied by symptoms of anxiety."

I prefer to think of it as a fascination, which Dictionary.com defines as "the state of being intensely interested or attracted."

Your call.
Cheers,
Steve

"A trick does not fool the eyes, but fools the brain." -- John Mulholland
okito25
View Profile
Regular user
Victoria BC Canada
145 Posts

Profile of okito25
Hmm well I am obsessed .... Smile I get that all the time .. absesd ? however is like an infection .. same difference .. However does she get annoyed ? No .. that's not to say she wasn't with her ex husband who is also a friend of mine .. the difference is .. I take a little and do a lot .. where as he took( Spent) a lot .. and did nothing with it ...one secret I have is not show her too much .. keep it to yourself somewhat ... believe me if you are doing anything that resembles fun and she is not included she will go out of her way to show a keen interest.
Keet
mystical
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of mystical
Yeh I didn't know how to spell obsessed oh well she just gets mad cause I always have cards in my hands she says I don't have a life haha shes crazy
Erdnase27
View Profile
Inner circle
2505 Posts

Profile of Erdnase27
Actually ur doing sumthing productive with your life.. loads of people have nuthing in their hands... see it from that perspective;)
haha
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2482 Posts

Profile of Robert M
Good topic a wise old magician once told me that magic is more addictive than women or wine once you get hooked. Smile

Robert
ToPher
View Profile
Regular user
Somewhere
120 Posts

Profile of ToPher
Magic more addictive than women, are you crazy???
blindbo
View Profile
Special user
Bucks County, PA
790 Posts

Profile of blindbo
Well, there was a time when I shuffled women more than cards. Now, I play with my deck much more and it's the women with great double lifts.
jcigam
View Profile
Special user
Bellevue, Nebraska
510 Posts

Profile of jcigam
Blindbo,

That's hilarious.
"The mind has exactly the same power as the hand, not merely to grasp the world, but to change it."
Mystician
View Profile
Inner circle
Wallachia
3485 Posts

Profile of Mystician
Blindbo, I think you have your priorities set just perfect. Enjoy the women when you're young. It sure aint gonna happen when you're old ! (unless you're rich !)

Mystical, I have a surefire comeback when somebody says something like that:
It beats sitting on your butt watching TV all night !
You could just be rotting your life away being a couch potato. Instead of being a passive, drooling, multimedia-input drone, you're taking an interest in something and being active. Heck, if nothing else, convince her that the finger dexterity you're acquiring in magic can also be put to other uses !! *wink wink*
That's what I'd say to my wife (the tv thing, not the other- lol) when she used to get on me about being on the computer all the time. I now have a very good job as a network admin, so being in front of a computer now is what puts a roof over our head and pays the bills ! I don't hear the complaints anymore. Smile
Ask your S.O. what she does with her free time: Fear Factor ? American Idol ? The Apprentice ? Everybody Loves Raymond ? Smile
In the words of Bill the Cat, " phhtt !! " Smile
Just hanging out with the rest of my fellow dregs.
http:// www . phrets . com
Visit http://www.bizarremagic.net
chrisrkline
View Profile
Special user
Little Rock
965 Posts

Profile of chrisrkline
Ahh, but what if your wife doesn't veg in front of the TV. My wife volunteers in church, runs a large 4-H group, plans family meals, wants to go on walks, to the park, camping, tons of gardening--all sorts of "family" activities and things that benefit mankind.

I just do this silly hobby that is just for myself.

In other words, she does recreational activities that benefits mankind--me? Just myself. Smile

Actually she supports me pretty well, and if I start to bring in some more money this spring, she will be even more so.
Chris
mystical
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of mystical
Your wife sounds like my wife the supporting thing probably not oh well I'm going to keep doing magic regardless
Zac Vee
View Profile
Veteran user
Traveling the world with
370 Posts

Profile of Zac Vee
Quote:
On 2005-02-27 13:45, blindbo wrote:
Well, there was a time when I shuffled women more than cards. Now, I play with my deck much more and its the women with great double lifts.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
peace, love and kindness.. no terms and conditions

1001 Magic Nights Blog
www.kasrani1.wordpress.com

http://www.kasrani.com/
ClouDsss
View Profile
Inner circle
1799 Posts

Profile of ClouDsss
I would like to use my deck and get the chance to shuffle women!! Fails all the time thou LOL :>

Anyway, women do get annoyed when you spend more time with a deck of cards and only spend time with them in the bedroom. Smile

cheerios
Think outside the box, cos people are all thinking inside now!! - ClouDsss
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13419 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Quote:
On 2005-02-27 09:44, mystical wrote:
...she says I don't have a life haha shes crazy

As long as you're sure?
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
TommyTheTremendous
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of TommyTheTremendous
I used to shuffle girls these past few years (I am now a senior in HS), but then I found out that that performed double lifts and unknown steals on my wallet so I quit, lol. I'm sticking with cards for now.
- Tommy Magic
johnnymystic
View Profile
Inner circle
North Adams Ma.
1576 Posts

Profile of johnnymystic
My wife loves magic..."Here honey, here's another check from a gig..."

johnny
I drink cheap tequila and vomit
<BR>I cannot eat hot wings...acid reflux
<BR>I never inhale Smile
<BR>I can put a field dress on a deer
David Bilan
View Profile
Special user
Clarksville, TN
715 Posts

Profile of David Bilan
My wife (2nd marriage) doesn't understand the addiction, but would rather see me practicing magic at home than making dollars vanish into the G-string of topless dancers.

If the wife is active in a buch of clubs, offer to perform at luncheons or banquets. Offer to make her an assistant. Offer her a free taste of what has us hooked and see if you can get her addicted as well.

I'm taking my wife to her first convention this weekend (Winter Magic Carnival). We'll see where that takes us.

By the way, my wife's obsession is quilting. I go with her to the quilting store and to the annual convention in Paducah. It's a handy thing to be able to mention, "I support your hobbies..."

My two cents.
David
Yes, I am a magician. No I did not make my hare (hair) disappear... it just took early retirement.
Daryl -the other brother
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
594 Posts

Profile of Daryl -the other brother
My wife talked me into leaving a good paying job that I hated to follow my dreams. Now we live in a cardboard box and eat goverment cheese, but I got one great double lift!! Smile
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
My wife has always been very supportive and is a major factor in my success! She actually likes it (well, at least sometimes!) when I wake her in the middle of the night with a new trick I've developed! She loves to be fooled (with magic tricks, that is!), loves to laugh and loves to be around me. For me, that makes her the perfect woman!
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » Wives and magic (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL