The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Electronic crasher (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1239 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
It's on my wish list and I'm saving some duckies for this beauty. Any info on longevity/life of the gizmo? Battery replacements, etc?
Brian-
"That smart thing that somebody else said".
jimesw
View Profile
Special user
673 Posts

Profile of jimesw
Could you just put the gimmick under the close up mat and have it still work?

jimesw
MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1446 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
Unless the gimmick has the depth of a playing card I don,t think it would work under a close up mat!..Smile,,,

Someone might notice that BIG LUMP under the mat!
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3901 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
It would be good if the gimmick could be inserted into the card case with one or more playing cards being able to remain in the case so that one or two cards can be removed to implicitly show that it is just a deck of cards in a card case and then proceed with the effect. All you need to do is to preceed this effect with one or two card effects, do a simple deck switch and off you go.

You are probably right, Chance, that the gimmick should not be THAT noisey. Just watch out for your fingers.

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Marduk
View Profile
New user
Argentina
95 Posts

Profile of Marduk
Dear Magicinsight:
I am the owner of Bazar de Magia. We created the Electronic Crasher. The gimmick comes into a Bicycle card case, but because its measures, it can be placed into a cigarette box too.
It is possible to add 3 or 4 playing cards into the card case too, just under the gimmick, or one or two cigarettes into the cigarette box.
I am sure that customers will find many others ways to use this new gimmick soon. For example, I never thought on the idea of inserting some playing cards into the card case....sounds good!
I'am a proffesional magician and lecturer
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3901 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Dear Marduk:

Thank you for the follow-up comments and clarification. Your effect seems to have a lot of potential. Perhaps the gimmick can even be inserted into a box of tarot cards and then left on the table to do this effect. I look forward in receiving it.

Best regards,

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5267 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
How about a card to glass effect using a sh** card and a mag*** coin?

Take the sh** card out of the card box, place the glass mouth up on top of the card box, place the card face down on top of the glass, pick up a coin with your right hand, "place" it in your left hand, and tap the back of the card with your left hand to make the coin penetrate through the card into the glass. Now repeat the effect, but this time to make the penetration appear even more difficult to the audience, perform the effect without touching the card. Place the glass back on the card box, place the card face down on top of the glass, pick up the coin with your right hand and "place" it in your left hand, open your left hand as you throw the coin invisibly towards the glass, and the glass will shatter which should cause enough vibration to dislodge the mag*** coin. I'm not sure how reliable the "timing" is with this effect but assume that my idea would work.

Larry D.
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3901 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Larry D:

That is an interesting approach. However, I would just add that a clear plexiglass box be put over the card box, glass and card before you "throw" the coin otherwise the spectators may just think that you really did throw a oin or some other object at the glass to cause it to break.

Best regards,

Michael

Posted: Mar 17, 2005 12:37pm
I have Mr. Lesley's Wine Bend II effect and I think this gimmick and effect could be a terrific prelude or follow-up to it. Either before or after the wine glass is bent, another wine glass breaks.

Michael
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5686 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2005-03-17 12:37, magicinsight wrote:
I have Mr. Lesley's Wine Bend II effect and I think this gimmick and effect could be a terrific prelude or follow-up to it. Either before or after the wine glass is bent, another wine glass breaks.

Multiple effects! Good !DEA, Michael!

You might be interested in my POST. (The original post has been edited by Café's staff). In lieu of plastic use a crystal wine glass.

Ring vanishes - Wine Glass is seen - Slowly the glass bends - Ring appears (is seen) on the stem of the glass - Glass is shatters - Ring is retrieved.

This could be a very spooky effect. A complete act in itself!!

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3901 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Ustaad,

Thank you very much for the link to your posts regarding Mr. Lesley's wine bending efect and the ring on stem efect using a plastic wine glass as opposed to a wine goblet made from real glass. Without getting too much off the topic of this thread, do you feel that the use of a plastic wine goblet distracts from the impact of both effects?

With regard to the current topic, I could not use a plastic wine goblet for the crasher effect for obvious reasons. The goblet/glass would have to be real glass, not plastic.

But I still like your idea.

Michael
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5686 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Hi Michael,

To create the above effct/s, you cannot use a plastic wine glass. And I have stated this in my above post (2nd Para) - "In lieu of plastic use a crystal wine glass".

I had also discussed the crystal wine glass in my pointer POST but that part was edited, probably due to reasons of exposure.

Hope that clears the misunderstanding!

And thank you Michael, I too like the way you think!

Smile
P.S. Use a crystal (glass) wine glass with low lead content - It is easy to bend as well as break.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Marduk
View Profile
New user
Argentina
95 Posts

Profile of Marduk
Dear Mr. Davidson:
Your routine with the magn. coin is fabulous!!
It is a perfect routine for the device. We just have 3 or 4 different good routines, but this one is really great!
I wonder if we can include it with the instructions that comes with the device....
Please, let me know what do you think about.
If you prefer, we can continue through email:
bazar@magia.com.ar
And...if you didn´t watch the video of the electronic crasher yet, go to the following address:
http://www.bazardemagia.com/crasher/crasher.wmv

Magicinsight: I also enjoyed your idea of using the Tarot deck!
Regards!
I'am a proffesional magician and lecturer
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3901 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Ustaad,

Thank you for the clarification. I really like your thoughts as well.

Marduk,

Larry's idea is indeed excellent.

Michael

Posted: Mar 17, 2005 3:10pm
Marduk,

Another possible idea:

a simulated bullet catch routine. Could even use a toy gun or "spit ball" catch similar to Mr. Scott Alexander's on his DVD 10'o'clock Show. The glass is shattered as in the video clip and the "bullet" or billet or spit ball is caught in the teeth of the performer.

Michael
—Hakim, Loreweaver
ScottLeavitt
View Profile
Special user
730 Posts

Profile of ScottLeavitt
...another idea...begin by using the PK Pen on top of the glass's stem and make it move...ask if folks would like to learn how to do it. Set it up to do again, asking the audience to concentrate with you...SHATTER!!! (glass is even set up perfectly in the upside down position!)

Posted: Mar 17, 2005 3:18pm
...would also think that the time/attention taken to clean up the glass would be a perfect time to switch out the card box and pen...
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5686 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2005-03-17 15:10, magicinsight wrote:
Another possible idea:

a simulated bullet catch routine. Could even use a toy gun or "spit ball" catch similar to Mr. Scott Alexander's on his DVD 10'o'clock Show. The glass is shattered as in the video clip and the "bullet" or billet or spit ball is caught in the teeth of the performer.

Another great !DEA from non other than, Michael!

It seems that the 'Electronic Crasher' will prove to be a very versatile and useful prop, considering the various effects one can achieve. Imagination will be the only restricting factor.

Smile
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3901 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Scott,

I like your idea, too. You could have the whole audience concentrate on the pen (the more the merrier and it invovles the entire audience). You can have some fun with them after the glass breaks and come up with some funny lines.

Michael

Quote:
On 2005-03-17 15:21, ustaad wrote:
Quote:

Imagination will be the only restricting factor.

Well said, Ustaad, and to the point. There are so many possibilities that I hope the mechanism is strong enough to withstand the constant and varied use.

Best regards,

Michael
—Hakim, Loreweaver
nitram
View Profile
Veteran user
London U.K.
308 Posts

Profile of nitram
I would like to point out one thing that I have noticed. It is not a close up effect. Look at the video and you will see the device shooting through the card packet. Anyone who picks up the pack before you manage to get to it will suss this out. If I can clearly see it, so can they. Still a nice effect but with some restrictions.

Regards Nitram
rvigon
View Profile
Loyal user
uk
266 Posts

Profile of rvigon
You say you can clearly see it but the vid is slowed down a signifacant amount to let us see in real life it is much quicker
"No brilliance is required in magic, just determination and relatively clean fingernails."
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3901 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Also, when watching the video, we are paying close attention to the card box sicne we know what will be happening but spectators have no clue what is going to happen and it happens so fast that I really do not think that the spectators will observe the gimmick. Also, if the efect is presented with the appropraite story or plot, the focus will not be on the card case with is and should be an insignificant part of the effect, and not the main focus. In addition, I believe they will be focusing their attention on the glass itself, not the card box. If this is done close-up, make sure that the spectators are a safe distance away from the glass or make certain that the glass is properly covered with some form of plexi-glass covering.

Best regards,

Michael
—Hakim, Loreweaver
nitram
View Profile
Veteran user
London U.K.
308 Posts

Profile of nitram
From the video it would appear that a tag of card box is left sticking up. I am not saying that this is bad, just that the spectator must not be able to examine the box. You could use the excuse about broken glass everywhere to stop them picking it up.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Electronic crasher (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL