The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Electronic crasher (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Marduk
View Profile
New user
Argentina
95 Posts

Profile of Marduk
Dear Scott:
First of all, we have to discard the possibility of a defective product, but don´t worry, if the mechanism doesn´t work properly, we will replace it a t no charge.
The crasher has to break almost any glass.
When rehersing the trick, you have to find the appropriate glass, I mean, you have to try different glasses, and you will note that some of them breaks better than the others.
And finally, the position of the glass over the card case is very important too. The hammer has to knock the glass from the inside.
Please, check this two things first, and then let us know what happened.
Marduk
I'am a proffesional magician and lecturer
Olivier
View Profile
New user
France
26 Posts

Profile of Olivier
Can you really do this trick in close up conditions ? I mean, how far have the spectators to be standing in order to be 100% sure that they won't see anything of the mecanism ?
Piers
View Profile
Inner circle
A Limited Edition of
1479 Posts

Profile of Piers
I think it's oine of those items lots of people are interested in, but we need to get it clear in our heads, what it will do and what it won't, and how to use it safely, with 100 % success in a performance.
And ... How long do the batteries actually last ?
I'm tempted though ....... !
Smile

www.justgiving.com/piers-cancer-fund

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-2

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-3

Finished my 4 months of Chemotherapy in 2009. 3 monthly checks since... and into 2016!

As seen on the QE2 and QM2.

Author of Salem's Cornucopia - SUC Book
James Bateman
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of James Bateman
Thinking of getting this, but need a little help. What's the motivation for putting a glass on a deck of cards?? Seems it would put a lot of heat on that box. . . thanks for any help.
Olivier
View Profile
New user
France
26 Posts

Profile of Olivier
Can you really do this trick in close up conditions ? I mean, how far have the spectators to be standing in order to be 100% sure that they won't see anything of the mecanism ?
MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1447 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
This is a KILLER trick. Freaks people out! And very well made for sure.

This has been stated before but.............

First put a glass flush on the table and start your patter. Then say it would be easier for all to see if the glass was up higher.

THEN put the DECK between the two glasses giving an excuse to place the deck between the glasses.

NO ONE will question this.

And if possible do a card trick first then switch the deck for the smasher. Giving a reason to have out the deck in the first place.

It's that simple and effective.
Olivier
View Profile
New user
France
26 Posts

Profile of Olivier
My question is I think very important for everyone on this forum but I have the impression that people want to avoid answering it : Can you really do this trick in close up conditions ? I mean, how far have the spectators to be standing in order to be 100% sure that they won't see anything strange on the deck case, like a cut or a gap ?
Marduk
View Profile
New user
Argentina
95 Posts

Profile of Marduk
Dear Olivier:
talking about close up conditions you have two different points of view on the trick.
First: you can see the effect from 40 cm and you will see nothing. The cut on the card case is only a fine line almost invisible, and with the glass on top of it, it´s really invisible!
But, second: because the fragments of glass, it is not easy to perform it in close up conditions. I mean, between the audience.
Some magicians use a transparent plastic bag to cover all and avoid to damage someone with the fragments. Others (like me) prefer a glass or plastic transparent ice cube (or something similar) with the excuse of avoid the idea of anyone shooting a bullet to the glass.
I use the trick on parlor and stage shows.
If you don´t cover the glass, you can be very close beside the glass, because the fragments will be launched to one side only.
Marduk
I'am a proffesional magician and lecturer
Piers
View Profile
Inner circle
A Limited Edition of
1479 Posts

Profile of Piers
It sounds like, as long as you manage your audience, and keep them at a distance, and use a thin glass, it should be great. ( Just a bit of a mess afterwards ).

I can certainly accept that putting a glass on a 'card box' would help make it 'more visible' for an audience, and maybe add an element of card mystery ?

Q. Does it come in a card box, or do you supply your own ?
Smile

www.justgiving.com/piers-cancer-fund

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-2

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-3

Finished my 4 months of Chemotherapy in 2009. 3 monthly checks since... and into 2016!

As seen on the QE2 and QM2.

Author of Salem's Cornucopia - SUC Book
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5267 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Quote:
On 2005-05-12 14:00, Piers wrote:
"...I can certainly accept that putting a glass on a 'card box' would help make it 'more visible' for an audience...."

Other reasons for placing the glass on an object are included with the instructions as well.

Quote:
On 2005-05-12 14:00, Piers wrote:

"...Does it come in a card box, or do you supply your own?"

It comes in a card box, but you can easily place the gimmick in a different card box if you'd like.
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
I just received this effect ( thanks Paul Smile ) and am VERY pleased with the fabrication as well as performance. I can assure you the mechanism is FAST and invisible to the eye. I do not plan to use it as explained as I have a completely different application for this gimmick and I am sure this will work out perfectly.
Marduk, Nice work and thanks for an excellent gimmick!!
Chance Wolf
Wolf's Magic
Creator of Wacky Wolf Productions & Fine Collectibles

A DECADE of building Magic and we're just getting started!

http://www.wolfsmagic.com
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12020 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
This looks very tempting...may have to save up some:) I perform in an open air environment and this could be placed outdoors in the picnic area, possibly on a tarp of sorts (after PK effects).

My question is the power supply. How difficult is it to obtain and replace the batteries?

Thanks in advance!

Candini

Posted: May 24, 2005 2:25am
I've been searching for a transparent type container that won't distract the overall strength of this effect. Having it break in a wide open environment seems the way it was designed but can anyone that has this give some examples of the effect inside of a container?

I was thinking of an oval glass display case. Easy clean up and a very nice clear enclosure. After the effect, show the case has no bullet holes etc (heat on case not card case).

Examples: http://www.treasuresindisplay.com/27fdc.htm

PS: Has anyone used this for any PK effects? If this can break a glass, it surely could propel an object through the air.

Hmmmmmmmmmm Chance Wolf has me thinking about the possibilities here:)

Posted: May 24, 2005 2:27pm
Thinking more about this. How about using a tarp spread out on a table or even the floor to contain the pieces and make for easy cleanup?

Posted: May 25, 2005 1:36am
Ordered!

Posted: May 25, 2005 5:53pm
Thanks all for the wonderful PMs who own this. Love the idea about PK effects.

Use PK pen or sharpie (or even start with the spectator's pen). Show it works on the glass. Then move the glass on to another (safe) location. Start out placing it on the table with no card case. Oh, but I forgot, wood sometimes interfers with this effect, put the card case underneath it. Use THEIR pen on the glass now. In lieu you could start out using another deck under the glass while doing the PK effects close up then do the switch when the glass is moved to the other location.

Why the safe location? Because different pens react differently and just for safety purposes in case the effect gets out of hand...
Several have said using any covering or even cloth to catch the glasses diminishes from the effect.

Can't wait to receive this! Its not your everyday item but surely could be a reputation maker if played right!

Posted: May 25, 2005 5:58pm
Has anyone used a thick glass to just get it to crack instead of shattering? I mean if the glass is examined first and you don't want to spread the pieces everywhere.

Posted: Jun 9, 2005 11:19am
Okay I got this yesterday and have used it to practice a bit before performing.

Overall: 9/10 This is very portable, durable and strong.

Does it do what ad says: 10/10 Breaks all the glasses I've used. The only thing is , try out all types. I tried one that bends at top and it only broke a piece of it.

Negative: The only thing I see so far is usuability and noticeablility. You don't want to use this closeup. Glass will need to be cleaned up afterwards and there is the safety factor. Also, it may just be my card box but the slit can be noticed. My 9 yr old noticed it close up.

Posted: Jun 9, 2005 4:48pm
Ive tried several glasses now after cleaning up the glass from previous ones.

It works better on thinner glasses.

This could be a closer for sure but cumbersome to clean up if you don't keep it contained which I think may detract from the overall performance.

Very well made and looks durable for the long haul.

Only thing is, after the anticipation of waiting for it to arrive, I don't know when I will use it for my close up work.

Daughter wants swimming pool now so if anyone is interested, I will consider an offer.
Paul D
View Profile
Elite user
NY
455 Posts

Profile of Paul D
Ive been researching this effect for some time and I have come to the conclusion that its worth it. I plan on using this effect on stage so it should play well. What kinds of patter are you guys using for this effect?
Astonishment as Therapy...?
James Bateman
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of James Bateman
It is worth it. A nice device - it does what the advertisement says very well. Also, its built like a battleship to withstand the rigors of bouncing around your magic case. Still trying to motivate glass breaking on my deck of cards - any submissions?
MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1447 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
James start out by placing a glass on the table. Then you act like you just realized the glass can;t be seen by all in the room.

Then place the deck on that glass with another glass on top so all can SEE whats going on.

The rational is that you are making it easier for all to see the illusion by placing the glass higher up on the table.

The fact you use an extra glass and a deck of cards to accomplish this flys right by them.
boboshempy
View Profile
Veteran user
Jersey
374 Posts

Profile of boboshempy
I thought this was an interesting post do to the Chris A. wine glass breaking last night. What other glass breaking methods or products are out there?
tdaube
View Profile
Loyal user
Nevada
229 Posts

Profile of tdaube
Quote:
On 2005-07-28 20:00, boboshempy wrote:
I thought this was an interesting post do to the Chris A. wine glass breaking last night. What other glass breaking methods or products are out there?

It looked like he started out with John Kennedy's "Jump" to make the pen jump out of the glass, then did a second phase with a glass smasher. I couldn't tell which method he use for the glass smashing, though.
tdaube
boboshempy
View Profile
Veteran user
Jersey
374 Posts

Profile of boboshempy
Could it be a really great gimmicked pen?
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5267 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
No.
bloodkin
View Profile
Special user
644 Posts

Profile of bloodkin
Quote:
On 2005-05-09 03:37, Scott Xavier wrote:
I have one, and have to say a HUGE NEGATIVE on it's ability to shatter ANY glass. I used a candle's glass holder, and it was TOO thick, all it did was shoot off the table and landed on the floor where it partially broke due to impact, and NOT the device.

Now that's a coool effect.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Electronic crasher (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL