The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Deep Astonishment Gourmet Wallet (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magiclee
View Profile
Special user
571 Posts

Profile of magiclee
What is the difference between the Gourmet Wallet and the one that comes with the effect?
Is it worth the money?

magiclee
Victor Brisbin
View Profile
Elite user
Washington, DC
432 Posts

Profile of Victor Brisbin
According to postings by Yendor, it's vendor (sorry...), it's an attractive leather wallet, rather than the inexpensive model sold with the effect. I plan to get one. I think anytime you can upgrade your image, props, equipment, it adds to your overall effectiveness.
"It is better to practice a little than talk a lot." - Muso Kokushi
G-Diddy
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of G-Diddy
It looks nicer. visually
You can hand it out, I believe...show the back.
It "works better" / is more reliable...if you know how the trick works...
I caught these tidbits while they were making the new wallet- I happened to be buying some other effects.
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6581 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
The one that comes with the effect is a cheap vinyl "wallet" that few men would carry (although it does work for the trick). The "Gourmet" version is a quality-made item constructed of high-grade leather and much more similar to the type of the thing regular guys carry every day--hence, it is less suspect and looks less like a toy or prop.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
woodmaven
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of woodmaven
Is the Gourmet wallet now available?

- Britt

Smile
Friends are our chosen family.

- Britt -
Barry Gitelson
View Profile
Special user
Kona Hawaii
856 Posts

Profile of Barry Gitelson
Just got the Gourmet Wallet in the mail yesterday and haven't got to try it out yet, but it sure does look a lot better. This is a wallet that I would be proud to show and use.

I will check back in when I have had some time to work with it. Hoping to make a great effect even better.

From the land of Kona Coffee Smile
"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." Author: Leo Buscaglia
Magic74Josh
View Profile
Regular user
Pennsylvania
101 Posts

Profile of Magic74Josh
Did the above person mean to say that you can hand the wallet out after the trick?

Where can I get one? How much?
Magically Yours,
Magic74Josh
Magic7Josh@aol.com
Barry Gitelson
View Profile
Special user
Kona Hawaii
856 Posts

Profile of Barry Gitelson
Can you hand it out? It is possible as the gimmicked wallet is very well done but tooooo close of an examination would reveal the secret. You can show both sides with ease.

the price was $25.00 plus a couple dollars shipping.

And of course it is available at deepastonishment.com

The above person from the land of Kona Coffee and other Hawaiian goodies
Smile
"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." Author: Leo Buscaglia
Faroshuffle
View Profile
New user
Sacramento, CA (Orangevale)
60 Posts

Profile of Faroshuffle
Ya know, after first getting this wallet, I wasn't too pleased. Before I get jumped, let me explain. I agree with Victor and Scott above. It's a quality wallet that is beautifully made and well worth 25 bucks. At first, I had a little problem disengaging the cards from the leather, one seemed to be sticking. I've since solved that problem and enjoy the wallet very much. I worked on the problem and discovered, as with most of these types of complaints, it was more my handling than anything else. This is a great trick and the wallet is a super addition. Smile
ESP Guy
View Profile
Regular user
Falls View, Vermont
137 Posts

Profile of ESP Guy
I loved the routine in Paul's book. I loved the initial product release. Now, the GOURMET version is one of the WORST things I've EVER spent my money on! TOO BIG. TOO BULKY. NOT SMOOTH.

Thom
Chris A.
View Profile
Inner circle
AKA Chris A.
1123 Posts

Profile of Chris A.
I prefer to use the orginal handling *The Anything Deck* which doesn't use a gimmicked wallet at all.
AKA Chris A.
Keepin' the Funk Alive
Schaden
View Profile
Inner circle
Purgatory
1253 Posts

Profile of Schaden
I don't like the Anything. I use the principle in The Black Envelope instead of that wallet. Why didn't they just give us the good wallet? That makes me mad that we got ripped off. Grr....

Oh well, another tip is to put the deck in order or memorize the cards. It just helps the trick go a little more smoothly.

Lee
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2110 Posts

Profile of marko
You don't really need any wallet. One of the startling points of The Anything Deck is that the prediction cards are lying out on the table from the beginning.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
magicgirl
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of magicgirl
I have the regular wallet and I have to say as a female, it would not be realistic for me to pull this thing out and refer to it as my "wallet". It does however, look like a very convincing checkbook holder and I currently have a book of checks in it. Checkbook holders don't have to look like they came from Nordstrom's - most people use the free ones their bank gives them. Of course, I can carry all of this in my purse...I'm not sure how convenient that would be for a guy.
Bill Beach
View Profile
Veteran user
Nashville, TN
304 Posts

Profile of Bill Beach
Right on, magicgirl!! I converted the original wallet into a checkbook right away, and it's been working great for me ever since. You're right, I don't carry a purse, but I carry my "checkbook" in my inside jacket pocket, along wtih the deck, or; for more informal occasions, in the lower leg pocket of my "cargo" jeans or shorts.

For futher information, look at tip 14 here:
http://www.deepastonishment.com/Tips2.html

Bill Beach
Terry
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of Terry
I have the wallet. It could easily pass a real wallet or checkbook holder. It is made of a fine quality leather, and has many compartments for credit cards and the like.

I too found gimmick to be a bit sticky, but I 'broke it in' by keeping in my jeans back pocket for a week or two.

It has now flattened out nicely and works real well. I have to admit, the original plastic wallet is mechanically smoother and thus easier to use. However, with a little practice and a break in, the leather is much preferable. It is plausible and just plain looks nicer.
For only $25, it is a great accessory to a great effect.
IMHO - it should have come with the effect and cost more.
Steve Hoffman
View Profile
Regular user
143 Posts

Profile of Steve Hoffman
Is the "Anything Deck" available for sale, or written up in a book?

Steve Hoffman
Takoma Park MD Smile
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2110 Posts

Profile of marko
"The Anything Deck" appears in Paul Harris' "Art Of Astonishment" Vol 3. It's not really necessary to have the books though. They're only the three best books ever written on the subject of magic.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
magicgirl
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of magicgirl
The routine and instructions for making your own Anything Deck can be found here:

http://littleegyptmagic.com/two97.htm

It is password protected so you will need to answer a couple of questions.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Deep Astonishment Gourmet Wallet (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL