The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Jason Wethington "Tied" DVD Review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Jeff
View Profile
Inner circle
Orlando, FL
1240 Posts

Profile of Jeff
Quote:
On 2006-02-16 23:57, shaunproof wrote:
First of all, Asper is a heck of a magician. I know him. He has refused offers to publish a DVD from some people I know. He no longer visits the magic Café, and won't respond (plus he's banned). However since I know him quite well, I'm sure he'd point out that the "where's your DVD" is a weak response to a critism.

I also thought that the presentations weren't that hot. You can be low key and interesting, maybe Wethington is live, but it wasn't that pleasant to watch on DVD.

I know several restaurant magicians who work seven days a week, and I wouldn't want to see a DVD from them! Just because someone works, doesn't mean that their material is meritorious for magicians.

You sound a bit defensive of your friend (as I am of Asper). Reviewing friend's products can be tricky -- look at any Mike Close review of any Kohler product.

Since Asper can't join us, I see no reason to get into a ****ing match with you. Asper's choice of words is what bothered me. He's entitled to his own opinion but to say that the routines were mediocre was stupid choice of words and I stand by that.

Jeff Pierce
Available for order now:
http://www.thecardwarptour.com

See new, used, and collectable magic and books for sale at:
http://www.jeffpiercemagic.com
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17037 Posts

Profile of joseph
Quote:
On 2005-03-02 11:54, RyanSwigert wrote:
Michael -
The video & sound of the performances and explanations are top notch. The 15-second video gap is not an issue with learning the effect that is being taught when it happens.
Ryan Swigert

Does Nixon's secretary have anything to do with this? .... Smile ...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
THis DVD is for the birds. Poor performance and poor quality? We'll all pass!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
shaunproof
View Profile
Loyal user
Parts Unknown
227 Posts

Profile of shaunproof
Don't feed the birds!
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2006-02-17 12:01, shaunproof wrote:
Don't feed the birds!

hahahaha! Exactly!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Jason Wethington "Tied" DVD Review (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL