The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Comedy with Escapes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Houdini man
View Profile
Veteran user
USA
343 Posts

Profile of Houdini man
I have looked through many threads containing info, I have an idea, and I'd like to see if it can be better, and have a good ending. Here it is:

The performer has the cuffs on tight, and says people always ask him," how do you get out?". So he says he will show everybody. He brings up a tarp with polls on the sides to make a basket with the help of two volunteers, Then the performer says," First I make misdirection ". He points to an audience member with a witty remark ( kevin, that's you! ) but his hands are found to be back int ot he cuffs.

that's the beginning, escape comedy is great I think, if used correctly, I would love it if anybody could give opionions and additons to this, it needs a good ending, thanks for being great guys

perry
www.magicformagicians.info www.perry-reid.com

The only thing that spererates genius from insanity is success.
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Misdirection is such a, a, a...a term. Why not try..."Look!" and point, and you're out. Or talk about the difference between direction and misdirection, and how there really IS no such thing as misdirection.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
RickSilmser
View Profile
Special user
869 Posts

Profile of RickSilmser
I do the very same effect using a wrist tie...all I do is turn my back to take my hand out. My wrists are tied up on stage and then I go down to the audience and have them pull on the knots and rope to make sure everything is "ok"...as I turn my back to them and walk away I say "I like good tight knots" and my hand flys out and up as I say that.

When they begin to laugh, I turn around and my wrists are still tied very tightly and I ask them what they're laughing at..etc. etc.

It works well and I used to sell the trick at all my shows...

Steve Baker does the "tug-a-war" rope tie and it's killing me to know how it's done...

~Rick~
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
I normally do the chain cuffs with the ring in the center cuffed behind my back with back to audience. As I turn to face the audience, I tell them, "I am only going to show you this once (indicate once with the index finger) so watch carefully." Hand goes behind back and I struggle turning back to audience again. Both hads are still cuffed. I keep turning until I am facing the audience again and stop. I use the opposite hand to wipe sweat of the brow and hand goes behind back again as I continue turning. Eventually say that it is to difficult and I cannot escape from them. I bring hands out from behind back, completely free and tell them to please unlock the locks and release me from the cuffs.
It normally gets a lot of laughs.

Regards
Wolflock
Wolflock
Pro Magician & Escapologist
Member of JMC (Johannesburg Magic Circle)
South Africa
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Wolfie why not add some rope to it as well.
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
I may do that one day. It is not an actual Escape act that I do but more part of my magic act. I keep the two very seperate. I only use gimmicks in Magic act and try to only use ungimmicked in Escape Act.
Wolflock
Pro Magician & Escapologist
Member of JMC (Johannesburg Magic Circle)
South Africa
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Wolfie combine them your Audience won't know.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Comedy with Escapes (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL