The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » MC bits for two (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8694 Posts

Profile of harris
Over the years, I have mostly worked a single act.(Nigel, the puppet that rocks and talks doesn't count. Shh don't tell him)

In about a month, I will be co-hosting a show with another magician. He is fairly new and just getting to be comfortable on stage.

Does anyone have any simple but effective bits for two people.

Thanks in advance.

We have been watching some old comedy videos and have some possibilities. There was an interesting bit on magic by Abbott and Costello doing the Passe Passe Bottles and glass

Harris Smile
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
WR
View Profile
Special user
Utah
945 Posts

Profile of WR
Will you be doing it WITH or Without Nigel??
Most magically yours,
WR Smile
"Tell Em WR sent Ya."
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
A&C also did a great bit with lemons monte style.

I can't for the life of me think of where I saw it. Hopefully I'll remember soon for you.

Take care Harris,

X
A direct from text adaptation : The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Starring Mickey Rooney in his final role.
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
X-treem writes: "A&C also did a great bit with lemons monte style.I can't for the life of me think of where I saw it."

If I'm not mistaken, it was in their movie In The Navy, one of their earlier films.
Codex Reader
View Profile
New user
TX
69 Posts

Profile of Codex Reader
What is your audience age?
Sid Mayer
View Profile
Special user
Santa Fe, NM
656 Posts

Profile of Sid Mayer
Two person bits require a lot of rehearsal, familiarity with each other's timing, and mutual trust. Double all that if you are attempting comedy.

A kindly suggestion, for what it's worth, DON'T. I truly believe that it would be best if you relate to each other in a friendly way while each doing your own bits (not at the same time, of course).

Good luck,

Sid
All the world's a stage ... and everybody on it is overacting.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8694 Posts

Profile of harris
Thanks for sharing and caring.

Harris Smile
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
The Village Idiots
View Profile
Elite user
Orlando
464 Posts

Profile of The Village Idiots
Peter,

You are correct sir. "In the Navy"

I studied it for a while, read the script in a book before searching for the movie. Great stuff.

I agree with Sid in a way. I wouldn't try to throw a routine into the show. I work with a partner year round and we don't do that. We have been working with each other for 8 years, only 1 year as a duo.

We rehearse a routine pretty hard before putting it up. Now what we do make up on the spot is the dynamics between the characters. We have conflicts. We don't always treat each other nice. That's not funny. We give each other a hard time and they love it.

For instance after my solo, Wally walks out and says, "How bout Will and his little racquet? Wasn't that cute?" said in a demeaning tone.

His character is arrogant so it works.

Have fun together. It doesn't alway come natural with a new partner but there are those occasions. Both of you do what you are good at and let the rest come naturally. Try not to try.

Sillily, Will
Some are born idiots.

Some are made idiots.

Some have idiocy thrust upon them.
Michael Dustman
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
1156 Posts

Profile of Michael Dustman
Harris,

Was wondering about your recollection of the Abbott and Costello bit with the Passe Passe bottles.

Rich Bloch just did a version while MCing the IBM Gala show and got his old partner Nick Ruggerio out of the audience. I wonder if that was the inspiration for it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » MC bits for two (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL