The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Videos?!? DVDs?!? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Rod Lages
View Profile
Loyal user
Brasilia, Brazil
250 Posts

Profile of Rod Lages
I can´t decide witch DVD should I get:

-Michael Ammar Card Miracles Series 1 - 3

-Bill Malone's "On The Loose" DVD 1-4

I´m not an expert in magic yet but not a Beginner either. Maybe if someone have any ideas or any other sugestion?
Thx!

Rod Lages
"Confusion isn't Magic" - Dai Vernon
G-Diddy
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of G-Diddy
Ammar!
I love his dvd/videos.
Have been doing magic for years but only recently discovered these videos.
NO regrets.
Haven't watched bill malone.
aznviet6uy
View Profile
Veteran user
Santa Rosa, CA
315 Posts

Profile of aznviet6uy
if you want to be funny then go with bill malone, there are some hard but powerfull tricks in his vids (sam the bell hop), but if you want powerful and yet very easy tricks to perform then go with ammar, he's not as funny as malone, but either way you get the same effect(people being very amazed).

-Chris
shhh..... I see Magicians.....
LeConte
View Profile
Special user
Bay area
830 Posts

Profile of LeConte
Malone is a fast talker and much funnier than Ammar. There is so much to learn from each magician, that owning both is a must. It's interesting to watch how they each handle the same effect during a couple of instances. If I were choosing only one as a set, the Malone stuff has my attention at the moment.
Drive Carefully
Michael T
View Profile
Veteran user
321 Posts

Profile of Michael T
I would reccomend Ammars Card Miracles 5 and 6, I've just finihsed watching them both and I'm impressed with Ammars teaching techniques. Very clear, very concise.
Rod Lages
View Profile
Loyal user
Brasilia, Brazil
250 Posts

Profile of Rod Lages
Thank you guys for the help. I´ll probably get both of them someday but I got to start with one! Smile

That´s a shame that Ammar Card Miracles DVD set is just 1 - 3. What happened with the others? Will they be release someday?

Best Regards,
Rod Lages

PS: Sorry about my English! Smile
"Confusion isn't Magic" - Dai Vernon
Russ
View Profile
Regular user
Muskogee, Oklahoma
126 Posts

Profile of Russ
I ve learn more from Michael Ammar's Easy To Master series than any other video that I own.

Haven't seen any of Bill Malone's video's.

Russ
"All I Really Need To Know I Learned In Kindergarten" by Robert Fulghum
LeConte
View Profile
Special user
Bay area
830 Posts

Profile of LeConte
I was wondering about this myself. I would think that Ammar's Card Miracles 4-6 will be out in due time on DVD. 1-3 have enough strong material to keep you busy for awhile, so dont worry.
Drive Carefully
JordanB
View Profile
Special user
dallas, tx
626 Posts

Profile of JordanB
If you are not a beginner I would go with Malone. His stuff is very very commercial and his presentation is worth more than the set of DVD's alone. It will also help you with some moves that are practical and useful ie The D'Amico Spread, etc.
rsummer27
View Profile
Loyal user
South Carolina
225 Posts

Profile of rsummer27
I have both and they are worth owning. The Bill Malone videos were the first card videos that I ever saw. I loved them, watched them over and over again and learned a few things off of them, but it was really hard for a beginner just starting out. The Ammar videos are a lot easiesr and I got a lot more out of them that I could go out and do right away.
Giggles the Clown buys all of his
supplies at www.madhattermagicshop.com
Super Low Prices on Videos and DVDs!
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Get both and also Allan Ackermans anvanced card sleights. I think her are six volumes, can't go wrong.If you are looking for the basics then go with Brad Burts teaching videos on card slights.
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
waltsal
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of waltsal
You can't lose either way. An additional value on Malone's videos is his "inside" stuff, the extra insight that he gives you on technique and performance, after he demonstrates the effects.
leefoley3
View Profile
Elite user
Texas
402 Posts

Profile of leefoley3
Vinny, my man! You are the first I have personally seen recommend Brad Burt. He did it for me!!
In December of '06 I was diagnosed with a very rare cancer, Dermatofibrosarcoma Protuberans. One in a million people worldwide are diagnosed with this type of cancer annually. Sarcomas account for 1% of all cancers. Knowledge is power!
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Brads teaching videos is an excellent tool.From there I would move on to the more advanced material.
Brad goes into the finner points of the slights that you would not get from a book, and he teaches from every angle, Which is very helpfull.
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
andre combrinck
View Profile
Special user
South Africa
953 Posts

Profile of andre combrinck
I don't have any of Mallone's stuff but have seen him perform.As for the Ammar Videos,I highly recommend them.Michael is an excellent teacher, and you will not be dissapointed.
Andre
ajcombri@telkomsa.net
Mistro
View Profile
Special user
Canada
577 Posts

Profile of Mistro
Bill Malone's "On The Loose" DVDs 1-4 gets my vote!
Dirko
View Profile
Loyal user
Michigan
287 Posts

Profile of Dirko
I like Bill Malone's better!
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1780 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
Ammar is an excellent, as is Malone. However, I'd have to recommend the Ammar DVDs first, but then encourage you to get Malone's.
redstreak
View Profile
Inner circle
A.K.A David Kong
1368 Posts

Profile of redstreak
Bill Malone all the way! But ETMCM is pretty good too.
MagicT
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1248 Posts

Profile of MagicT
You cannot go wrong with MARLO!!! That's where it ALL begins.

Best,
Trini
Trini Montes
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Videos?!? DVDs?!? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL