The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » "Make The Birthday Child Disappear" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tyler_Magician
View Profile
Special user
509 Posts

Profile of Tyler_Magician
In my last show, throughout the whole show, everyone kept saying, make the birthday kid disappear. It realy got annoying and I had nothing really to say to them. WHat are some funny lines to say to this?
-Tyler
rogerj
View Profile
New user
Southern New Jersey
81 Posts

Profile of rogerj
Hey Tyler, here is something I posted elsewhere which I think was overlooked but it is the surest way out for all of these circumstances ((and best of all no one gets offended.)
As you can well see this was directed to the "make my wife disappear" heckler thread but it can easily be applied to whatever seems to be your trouble. "Make my kid disappear, send my uncle to the moon, make me a million dollars etc. Just two of these cliches presented as they were stated above should pretty much keep them quite for the show because the joke was made and it would get old, and hey if they still say something, someone might comment before them on how they don't listen of something
Honestly I feel the least offensinve and safest way to go is something Jeff McBride taught me a long ways back when we had hours of sessions in my living room.................as I watched his videos. At the beginning of his show before anything would happen he would say how he is the magician and does all kinds of things blah blah (insert your own patter here....juggle, joke, make money appear) and than say I can also read your minds and no I can't give you a million dollars (look at wife) and no I can't make your wife disappear. (look at husband) This usually gets a chuckle to a roar but even if it doesn't get to much of a laugh it would be ridiculous for anyone to say that lame line for the rest of the evening.
PLus even if they do they are probably the only person not listening in the beginning and the rest will have a good laugh at his "ignorance" (insert fun one liner about his ignorance) than what you will say. Honestly as a young magician I CANT be rude at all when it comes to those jokes so this is my safe way out.
Hope you use it
RogerJ

Please excuse my poor paragraph arangement. I think the two paragraphs should be switched the other way but I hope you understood by what I meant in the post anyway.....just write back if you don't get it, It would be a shame if I was the only one using this great informational advice.
RogerJ
ROGERJ
For by GRACE are you saved through faith and not of YOURSELVES it is the GIFT of God NOT OF WORKS so no man can boast.
-Ephesians 2:8-9
All RogerJ products can be found at www.skilledmagic.8k.com
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
Why not make the kid disappear. then jokingly say he don't need his presents then.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » "Make The Birthday Child Disappear" (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL